No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really worth Cardiff going up, is it? Because every time they do so, back down they go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
      In Valencia he would have been shown the door two seasons ago.
      probably true. But he himself is responsible for changing valencia to a club where fans can still remember winning stuff , and they're not really a club any more, more part of the Gestifute feeder club pyramid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
        Not really worth Cardiff going up, is it? Because every time they do so, back down they go.
        Well, twice, anyway. Wolves used to do that. And West Brom.

Comment

Originally posted by Gawpus View Post
          It certainly helps that he gets to frame himself as being in opposition to charisma's Mike Ashley.

11/4 to be relegated at the moment btw. That's a bit narrower than I'd have guessed.
          Lots of Sunderland fans piling money on, plus Newcastle in my lifetime have gone from a club neutrals often liked to one that only the blindly loyal could like.

Comment

watching MOTD2 and I found myself thinking that that west Ham-Man utd game featured a "Lee Sharpe", and a "Gianfranco Zola". Remember when those things were a once in a decade type event?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
              He's basically figured out that he is far too uncharismatic to manage at a big established club, and he needs to operate in a relatively small city, with a huge chip on his shoulder, where the people are so desperate, that a bit of success confers him with the status of charismatic messiah. and he can build from there. This is what links Valencia, Liverpool and Newcastle. While the clubs where they had some expectations of what a manager should look like or where the last title win wasn't a flicker of memory visible in the rheumy eyes of fading pensioners, looked at him and saw a negative manager, with a rather odd personality, who resolutely didn't cut any sort of dash.
              Convincing enough for me to put twenty quid on him to succeed Mourinho.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                Convincing enough for me to put twenty quid on him to succeed Mourinho.
                I'd love to see that in a sick, twisted schadenfreude kind of way - it'd be like his time at Chelsea times a million.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                  My local network picks one Sunday EPL game each week (delayed), and I couldn't understand why they opted for Cardiff v Burnley. Turns out it's the only one on offer.

The Champions League is ruining the great Premier League traditions, forcing teams to play on Saturday afternoons. Where will it end?
                  Apparently, the reason was that Sky decided to pick only one “unglamorous” fixture for Sunday as they didn’t want to compete too much with their own coverage of the climax of the Ryder Cup.
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 01-10-2018, 08:14.

Comment

That makes sense. A Super Sunday would have really dented the golf audience.

Comment

Possibly the only time in history that my village pub showed golf in preference to football.

Comment

I commented elsewhere that this one was Contractually Obligated Super Sunday.

By the end of this season, Sky will have paid Burnley over £20m not to show their games.

Comment

well..., you could be on BT sports. In some ways that's actually worse.
                          Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 01-10-2018, 14:36.

Comment

Does seem Sky started early with the contractual obligation this year though. It’s typically around the end of February they’ll start showing Southampton v Fulham on a Monday night (I’m guessing at who’ll be 11/12th at that point) to clear the decks for the “business end of the season” (TM).

Comment

Well, they’ve got Bournemouth v Palace tonight too.

Comment

Blimey - Newcastle two up at Old Trafford inside ten minutes.

Not sure what the excuses will be this time.

Comment

Bloody hell.

Comment

Lordy...

Comment

This is hilarious. EVen B is pissing himself... although, he is more worried about which team did less well in 'black' and white stripes. (Fucking senility: can't remember to turn off a pan, but fucking remember the one time that some soccer team wore dark stripes, and got utterly tonked by SOuthampton.)

Comment

Is Lukaku playing?

Comment

After 18 minutes, he may well not be. Because Mata really wants to be part of this. /s

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                            Is Lukaku playing?
                                            Yes and no.

Comment

I like Mr Shelvey, but I think he has a neck issue. He can't turn his head without the rest of his body moving at the same time.

Comment

Apparently this is the first time Man Utd have ever conceded twice in the first ten minutes of a PL fixture.

I don't know who dreams these things up, but I thought I'd share it with you.

Comment

Mourinho may well be into the final knockings of his spell at Old Trafford, but difficult to see what realistic difference it would make to sack him in October rather than May, given Liverpool, City and Chelsea have all already vanished over the horizon.

Comment

Otherwise known as "commentator flailing around for something interesting to feed the Man U fans still watching" syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X