No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleased with Leicester's second half performance. As with the Manchester United game, a bit more composure and threat could have won a point.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
      Robbie Fowler?
      That would definitely be a different game. A hilarious one, right up until the on pitch heart attack.

Comment

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

Still, if you make Arnautovic your central goal threat as opposed to playing him as a "forward", there's a big hint that something is up.

Comment

Sterling's rasping drive puts Man City in front. Newcastle playing defensively in both senses of the word - they had the perfect opportunity to lump one into the box just before and instead the ball tamely went back to the goalkeeper.

Comment

That wasn't dissimilar to how the Champions League final played out, except Liverpool scored a couple before completely conceding midfield in the second half and their goalkeeper deciding to try some showreel antics instead of just doing his fucking job. Thank fuck Leicester didn't have Gareth Bale up front. And to be honest Mo Salah was about as effective today as well. He's started poorly this year.
            Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 02-09-2018, 07:42.

Comment

Far from the exciting force the media has been expecting - well, 'hyping' - Liverpool are currently the champions of 'win ugly'.

But, points mean prizes.

Comment

Let's face it, if Klopp managed to deliver the title the fans wouldn't care if his team did it by scuffing in a goalmouth scramble to win 1-0 every game.

Comment

What he said.

Anyway, Newcastle get an equaliser, after City squander several very good chances.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure I'd blame them.

Meanwhile, an unlikely sweeping move from Newcastle and a finish from Yedlin has unexpectedly tied things up at the Etihad.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                      Let's face it, if Klopp managed to deliver the title the fans wouldn't care if his team did it by scuffing in a goalmouth scramble to win 1-0 every game.
                      Oh, I'd take it. That's how Man United won their last one (or was it the one before last?), that season Hernandez kept doing exactly that. But Liverpool can - and will have to - play better football than they did today. Like so many 12-30 kickoffs in the past, they all just looked knackered. Like they'd all been in the pub until about 2 in the morning. I did a quick check on the berbaslugometer and Liverpool won all the 4 fixtures they've won so far last year, too, scoring more in the process. So on that basis there's no improvement yet.
                      Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 02-09-2018, 07:45.

Comment

DeAndre.

Comment

Blimey - Kyle Walker wellies one from thirty yards.

Is that his first goal for City? He certainly bagged a couple like that for us back in the day...

Comment

Wtf has Walker got on his socks?

Comment

Judging by that strike, today I'd say fairy dust.

Comment

Watching MOTD

Bournemouth should have had a penalty.

I was just finishing the washing up as the programme started but Mrs Thistle called me through to watch Allison's cock up. Hilarious!

Comment

Great goal from Sterling!

Comment

Yeah I can see why you all liked the goal by Kyle Walker.

Edison's distribution with an accurate throw a bit later was a thing of beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                      Mrs Thistle called me through to watch Allison's cock up.
                                      When you're from the North that sentence has seriously different connotations.

Comment

None of Southampton's three kits were up to the job, then

Comment

I'm guessing the first half of Southampton at Crystal Palace was dreadful.

I wonder if Shane Long will score again in my lifetime. (Or Benteke for that matter)

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                                            None of Southampton's three kits were up to the job, then
                                            I quite like this shirt design. Not sure about the black shorts combination.

Comment

Thoughts on Watford then? Another Leicester scenario, or petering out by November. They've beaten the 4th or 5th best of the big 6 now.

Based on yesterday's game, I think Arsenal will end up 6th of the big 6 at best. They were ropey at the back and better teams will score loads against them unless they tighten up.

This thing about getting your goalie playing out for the back - what a weekend, eh? Allison gave that goal away, Vorm put a goal kick out for a corner, Cech almost got dispossessed after 2 minutes and passed straight to an opposing player a few minutes later.

Comment

In 1983, the last time we had a Tory government goosestepping off to the right while Labour was in utter disarray, the top four were Liverpool, Watford, Man United and Spurs.

Comment

If I were a Watford fan, I would be treating these 12 points as importance insurance against the inevitable slump.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                                    In 1983, the last time we had a Tory government goosestepping off to the right while Labour was in utter disarray, the top four were Liverpool, Watford, Man United and Spurs.
                                                    And the following year, Barrymore was doing racist impressions of John Barnes. Hopefully that won't happen to any players this time.

I would think that Watford will be this year's Burnley not Leicester. Possible Europa slot.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X