No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian Wright said last night on MotD, watching the replay of Kompany's goal, that the ball was "literally (in) the postage stamp, cos that's where the stamp is, on the left-hand side."

I'm prepared to admit that I'm not sure if the "postage stamp" is a small area of net in the corner of the goal or a small square of air on the goal-line just below the angle.

Comment

Did he say left hand side? Stamps go on the right hand side as you look at the envelope.

Comment

Or the left hand side for the goalkeeper.

Comment

I think it should be extended. Postage stamp top right, return address top left, postmark next to postage stamp, and that par avion sticker sort of top centre.

"Oh that was a poor penalty. Straight to the postcode"

Comment

"He's slipped that right under the gummy flap of the aerogramme"

Comment

Top bins? Postage stamp?

What ever happened to proper football terminology, like "Giving him the eyebrows"?

Comment

(This all reminds me of something I saw a long, long time ago in a long forgotten part of the internet, or fanzine or something. Football co-commentators answering "Why did the chicken cross the road?" Ron Atkinsons was "Chickos popped up back stick, given him the eyebrows and now they're ahead 2-2.")

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                  I think it should be extended. Postage stamp top right, return address top left, postmark next to postage stamp, and that par avion sticker sort of top centre.

"Oh that was a poor penalty. Straight to the postcode"
                  Given that almost nobody sends letters these days, perhaps it should be '(he hit it) dead on the print icon of the email!'

Comment

I'm not sure Ian Wright's going to remember all this.

Comment

"He missed the whole fucking postbox, Brian"

Comment

Someone timed their nip to the lavs very badly:- https://twitter.com/Jakedanashb/stat...99616970014720

Comment

I see that OTF is managing to contain its excitement as the title race comes to a climax. Everyone seems to think that a Man. City win at Brighton is a given, I do too, but you can get some strange results on the last day of the season, so who knows.

Comment

Well, I would far rather that neither of them won the title, so that is why I'm ignoring it. Liverpool may, on balance, by marginally less rapaciously evil than Manchester City in their current guise, but Liverpool are still a massive negative for Football as a whole (they are Dr. Frankenstein, Man City are the Monster that Liverpool and their collaborators efforts spawned). So them winning the league is nothing to celebrate.

Comment

Yeah, I don't care much either. Far more interested in the playoffs.

Comment

Yeah. It's Le Pen vs Chirac. Red Sox vs Yankees. May vs Farage. Real vs Barcelona. Rubio vs Trump. Cowboys vs Patriots. Middlesex vs Surrey. Oxford vs Cambridge. England vs Germany.

It's hard to get too invested in evil vs marginally less evil.

Comment

For me, City are a good deal more evil. Plus there'd be the hilarious spectacle of bizarro Liverpool-hating types losing their shit if Liverpool won. But it isn't going to happen.

Comment

There's top quality hurling on Rte,that's where my attention is going to be.

Comment

Liverpool take the lead, but It's likely top spot is only borrowed based on the way Man City are dominating the game against Brighton.

Comment

Which part of LFC is significantly more evil than other clubs?

Comment

Well, it's a little bit interesting, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                            Which part of LFC is significantly more evil than other clubs?
                                            The trophy cabinet?

Comment

Hahahahahaha.

I really wasn't paying attention, honest. But this is funny. While it lasts.

Comment

Are Brighton fans booing Walker (and, if so, why) or is it Man City fans urging him to shoot?

Comment

I never have much sympathy for supporters at games who are glued to other scores, when they don't affect their own team's task. It's not as if Man City are likely to adjust accordingly, and settle for a point.

Comment

Well, that's done it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X