No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Knackwurst - Bundesliga 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayern hit the post and then the bar within 2 minutes of their second.

Dortmund now showing signs of life, though they have given themselves quite a job to do.

They do have the easier run-in, though.

Comment

Bollocks. 3-0

Comment

And 4.

Comment

Oh. Thomas Muller looks like Adam Hills.

Comment

5-0

Comment

This goal is a bit special:
              This Matheus Cunha goal vs Leverkusen saw Leipzig's Brazilian star display an incredible bit of skill against Sven Bender and Wendell before producing a calm ch

Comment

I watched a bit of the 2nd half of the 2.Bundesliga basement clash between MSV Duisburg and Ingolstadt on Saturday. Duisburg appear to have a bloody huge stadium but not a lot of supporters to fill it. I don't know much about them, but are they a former big club who've fallen on hard times or did they just build this massive stadium with the premise of "build it and they will come"? It was just a sea of empty blue seats with the top tier of the stand opposite the main TV cameras completely closed off, and with the Ingolstadt fans packed into a small corner, behind the goal to the right was essentailly two men a dog.

Comment

It was full for the Köln game last night. Another insane match. 1-0. 1-1. 2-1. 2-2. 2-3. 2-4. 3-4. 4-4.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                    Fortuna Düsseldorf have evidently decided that in the absence of Köln doing bizarre things, they'll fill in the void as Karnevalverein. A couple of days ago, they announced that coach Friedhelm Funkel's contract would not be renewed at the end of he season, even though he led a team almost relegated to the 3. Liga into the Bundesliga where they are sitting in a better position than one might have expected.

Funkel gave a tearful press conference in which he revealed that he was prepared to sign an extension that would be valid only if Fortuna remain in the Bundesliga. The reaction from fans and media was quite furious, with no comprehension of what on earth Düsseldorf where doing.

Yesterday the club announced that negotiations for Funkel's contract would in fact resume. It seems that the debacle was the doing of sports director Robert Schäfer, a man who looks as much the douchebag as his actions suggest he is. Some 300 fans turned up at the airport as the team was returning from their training camp to support Funkel and boo Schäfer; the number might have been much higher had there been no announcement that negotiations would resume.

Funkel may well outlive Schäfer in their respective positions.

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                    I bet you €100 euros a month for the rest of your life that that won't be the case.

I ... yes ... I love Friedhelm Funkel. But they're going to fuck him in Düsseldorf before January's out, at the latest before the clocks go forward.
                    Will that be by debit order, treibeis, or a visit from my cousin Bubi every first of the month?

Düsseldorf have announced that Robert Schäfer will go at the end of the season, citing the Funkel saga. For his part, Funkel is going all, "Aw, really? Just as we were getting on so well again."

Comment

Augsburg 6-0 up on Stuttgart

The relegation playoff beckons for VfB

Comment

Which they'll win, because whoever finishes third is going to be canon fodder, no matter how bad Stuttgart are. Köln's dominance despite rarely being really convincing, and HSV still being in line for a promotions place despite being the 11th-best team of the Rückrunde suggests that this year's 2. Bundesliga might be exciting but also pretty weak.

Comment

Genau. Union certainly aren't ready for prime time.

Then again Stuttgart's utter incompetence is the only thing saving Schalke from that affront.

There are a quite a few "big" teams that aren't really good enough for 1. Bundesliga right now, but still a bit too good for the 2.

Comment

Köln just been humped 3-0 at Dresden to prove G-Man's point about how unconvincing the league leader's have been this season.

Comment

On their day, Köln will do damage to decent teams, but they will get hammered more frequently unless they get some good players with some speed. The defence and defensive midfield is currently slower than a funeral convoy in rush hour traffic.

Comment

Hertha really are terrible.

Comment

Bleurgh, a Pokalfinale between RB Leipzig and Bayern München. I hope nobody wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                                    Bleurgh, a Pokalfinale between RB Leipzig and Bayern München. I hope nobody wins.
                                    Yes, agreed. On the other hand, both teams were better in the semis. Leipzig didn't leave second gear. Bayern did - had to -, but were better.

Comment

I enjoy watching Leipzig play (though not what they represent, of course.) Young, enthusiastic, bags of running, well coached. Everything I'd like my team to emulate... (fat chance.)

Comment

I hope Bayern win. To them, winning the DFB Pokal is meaningless, and losing a final would provoke a shrug, and maybe a self-critical comment from Mats Hummels. Whereas for Red Bull Rasenballsport, winning the thing would be a huge deal.

Comment

I was at Hertha vs Hannover on Sunday. A 0-0 between sides with five and eight successive losses behind them doesn't sound too great, but it was oddly entertaining. I think the hopelessness of Hannover's situation actually helped. A draw was no real use to them, and that knowledge meant they were going for the win right to the end. And, not being very good, they left plenty of space behind them for Hertha to create - and miss - lots of chances.

I know there have been comments on here about how useless Hannover are this season. I can't really argue, though I did like the look of Linton Maina, their number 40, who played wide on the right. Only 19, he looks a good prospect with his pace and some good positioning when helping out in defence.

I read a few weeks back about Hertha wanting to leave the Olympiastadion and build a new stadium nearby. Some of the pros and cons of this are pretty obvious to anyone with even a slight knowledge of the history there, and of German football. When I mentioned it on the Easter Matchgoing thread, Ursus commented that Jurgen Klinsmann had been linked with a senior role at Hertha, so I wonder if they're on a big modernising drive in general.

One thing I will say ; the Hannover game finished just before 8pm on Sunday, and it was still warm enough to sit out on the concourses with a beer and wurst as the crowds drifted away. When we did finally leave, the stadium looked just stunning with the lamps still on, and the sun setting behind it.

Comment

As it stands, a lot of beer will be drunk in Munich this evening with suitable toasts to their friends in Gelsenkirchen.

Comment

Can't predict derbies

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                Can't predict derbies
                                                Dortmund are wankers, though, really. So are Schalke, of course, but at least the latter don't pretend to be poor.

Comment

So which German team should we root for?

Comment

Altona 93

Sometimes I forget that you are relatively new here.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X