No announcement yet.

Champions League 2018/19: A Visca Wanda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That feels like a very Liverpool thing to do.

Comment

Sporting is right.

That was nothing compared to peak Dastardly Mourinho, and more like him going through the motions of being evil. it is almost as if he is contractually obligated to provide “content” for the red tops.
      Last edited by ursus arctos; 08-11-2018, 13:01.

Comment

Liverpool: finding new ways to clutch at straws since 1990?

Comment

Could have caused a riot. By cupping his ears.

Football fans are pathetic aren't they? Spend almost two hours shouting the worst swearwords at a manager and his mother then crumple in a ball and sob when he cups his ear.

Last night was glorious. Mourinho the Emperor treating the Old Lady like he's the manager of a budget old people's home in Sussex. Allegri admitting the great Juventus had no answer to Fellaini, pound for pound the best player in football.

I see my best mate once a year maybe. I was drinking with him yesterday afternoon. By final whistle I was horribly drunk. I ended up in a McDonald's in Kensington with a Mourinho mask I'd found in a souvenir shop buying one of everything from the menu. Nacho cheese bites. Pound for pound the best food in the world.

Sorry to the United fans who want us to lose every game because Mourinho is an ear cupped. Last night must have been hard to take.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            Sporting is right.

That was nothing compared to peak Dastardly Mourinho, and more like him going through the motions of being evil. it is almost as if he is contractually obligated to provide “content” for the red tops.
            I think it was certainly him making sure the story of the night was about him, rather than the team.

Comment

I tend to think that he doesn’t have to actually do anything for that to be the case with much of the commentariat.

Their inability to engage in a serious tactical discussion combines with their laziness and the ubiquity of fully cooked briefings from interested parties to produce content that contemporary AI would reject as being too predictable.

Comment

I'm thoroughly looking forward to beating City in the final.

Comment

Has anyone worked out what he thought he was doing with his mouth yet?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                      Liverpool haven't really done much in the CL this season to support that statement. Nor, of course, have Man Utd to disprove it.
                      Liverpool were good in their opener v PSG. However, I think all three teams are inconsistent, which is why the group is so open. I should also have qualified my statement to say that each of the three sides could lose to a "Man U" level runner-up if they have one of their bad days, like Juventus did yesterday

Comment

Oh this is delicious ;

An Advertising Standards Authority spokesman said: "The complainants challenged whether the ad was misleading because the building work of the new stadium has not been completed, therefore it is unlikely customers will get a chance to watch Tottenham play in the Champions League at the new stadium.
                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 09-11-2018, 10:51.

Comment

AEK-Ajax is still goalless at half time.

Comment

Bloody hell, that's where Huntelaar has got to.

Comment

AEK #10, who was already on a booking, slaps a dangerous free kick away. He gets sent off, and Tadic converts the resulting penalty. 0-1 to Ajax.

Comment

Tadic makes it two after a pleasingly calm piece of penalty area passing

Comment

Yes, that was quite pleasantly patiently done.

Comment

For the first time since 2005, thirteen years ago, Ajax qualify for the knockout stage of the Champions League.

Comment

Victoria Plzen’s win over CSKA has qualified both Real Madrid and Roma.

Comment

So, just got in and have very little idea what’s going on in the CL, what is the most significant/promising second half to settle down to.

Comment

Young Boys’ fans riffing on ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It’ (as many clubs’ fans do, granted) is a good start. I can’t imagine the rest of this game has anything to match that though.

Comment

Fucking hell, Cengiz Under...

Comment

wow. Just wow.

Comment

Ah, as you were, I’ve got the BT ‘CL Goals’ show on.

Comment

Ray, OL spent the first half managing to waste golden chances, so their match with City would be my choice for entertainment.

Comment

http://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1066373689732681732

Comment

Working...
                                                    X