No announcement yet.

Champions League 2018/19: A Visca Wanda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That first dybala goal was such a beautiful finish.

Ronaldo must be raging. He's not going to finish top scorer if he's missing out on games like this.

Comment

hmm. I reckon I'd get ten goals a season if I was playing up front alongside leroy sane. He seems to have benefited from having the summer off.

Comment

What a most un-david silva goal that was.

Comment

EDIT: taking that back. He looks in a bit of discomfort there.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
            The Man City game is being spoiled by an officious and not very good ref.
            And City's kit.

Comment

Ajax are a rather flaky team. They seem to be inspired by playing against Bayern.

Comment

How much is Alexis Sanchez getting paid per week?

Comment

More than Joan Collins got for Dynasty

Comment

Madrid lose in Moscow and are now third in their group behind CSKA and Roma

Comment

The Boos ring out around old trafford. Those valencia Away fans have no idea how to support their team.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        Madrid lose in Moscow and are now third in their group behind CSKA and Roma
                        Double dissent yellow = red for Akinfeev.

Comment

probably a major factor in them not conceding a goal

Comment

Who was that real Madrid player who set up the CSKA goal, and could he not have been more subtle about it?

Comment

I am probably alone in my opinion that Man Utd actually gave it a fair go in the second half, even though it was more heart than effectiveness.

Comment

That was “Best Passer in the World” Toni Kroos, Berba

Comment

We're mince.

Comment

Watching that Man Utd game was depressing in its joylessness. Even if one hates United, there'd be no joy in a performance like that (unlike Saturday's game against West Ham), because this wasn't a show of comic haplessness, just boring inefficiency. More José van Moyes football.

Two things really annoyed me though. Firstly, foul throws. Why aren't they punished?

Secondly, at one point the ref stopped a promising United attack (in as far as any of them were promising) on the edge of Valencia's penalty area because a Valencia player was injured (ball to the balls, it seems). That's bad enough. But when the game restarted -- the Valencia player had survived -- Valencia kicked the ball deep into United's half. So the attacking side lost territory because a player was in pain. Surely there's a way of not punishing a team for the pain of an opponent. Instruct the Valencia player to kick the ball into touch on the level where play was stopped, or something.

Comment

Look, Man Utd just need to get out of the Champions League in order to concentrate on qualifying for the Champions League.

Comment

Man United's best chance of being in next year's Champions League is winning this year's Europa League.

Comment

Reginald.

not an engine that's going to power them to success.
                                          To be fair to Pogba, he has never claimed to be that type of footballer in the first place. This was pretty clear to anyone who had seen him play for France and Juventus.
                                          That was projected on him by others who looked at his appearance and physique and assumed he's some Patrick Viera type of player.

You don't see people calling Toni Kroos a flop because he doesn't make crunching tackles.
                                          Mourinho bought Pogba so it's his responsibility to devise a team shape he can blossom in.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post

Secondly, at one point the ref stopped a promising United attack (in as far as any of them were promising) on the edge of Valencia's penalty area because a Valencia player was injured (ball to the balls, it seems). That's bad enough. But when the game restarted -- the Valencia player had survived -- Valencia kicked the ball deep into United's half. So the attacking side lost territory because a player was in pain. Surely there's a way of not punishing a team for the pain of an opponent. Instruct the Valencia player to kick the ball into touch on the level where play was stopped, or something.
                                            Whatever happened to restarting play with a dropped ball? Does that ever happen anymore?

Comment

There was a dropped ball in the Hoffenheim Man City game. The ref had to get Aguero to come over to be involved, and he was obviously told just to kick it straight into touch next to them. Which he did.

Can't remember the last time i saw a contested dropped ball

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                                How much is Alexis Sanchez getting paid per week?
                                                More to the point, why did Man Utd buy him? ('Because they could', I imagine.)

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                  There was a dropped ball in the Hoffenheim Man City game. The ref had to get Aguero to come over to be involved, and he was obviously told just to kick it straight into touch next to them. Which he did.

Can't remember the last time i saw a contested dropped ball
                                                  We had one last night at Wimbledon v Bradford, the first I’ve seen in years. It was the absolute undisputed highlight of a thouroughly miserable match.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                                    ('Because they could', I imagine.)
                                                    I thought it was "So someone else couldn't"..

Comment

Working...
                                                    X