No announcement yet.

Looks like rain, dear: Carabao Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down 2-0 now, with ten men. There's something going on. We aren't a physical, never mind dirty, team. Committing 20+ fouls and picking up a slew of cards isn't what this team does. There's a reason, I'm just not sure what it is and it's worrying.

Comment

Phew.

Comment

Can we just withdraw from the competition in the future? Third year in a row losing to lower league opponents.

Comment

Actually, it’s the fifth.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            Actually, it’s the fifth.
            You could be AdC - I believe QPR haven't won a third-round FA Cup tie first time round this millennium?
            Last edited by Diable Rouge; 25-09-2018, 20:54.

Comment

My apologies to any Derby fans we have here.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                My apologies to any Derby fans we have here.
                Seriously, we're all cock-a-hoop at the moment, it's refreshing to go away to a 'big team' and actually have a go which we didn't do under Clement, Pearson or Rowett.

Comment

Ah, Phil Jones.

I will, however, save the hubris. I can't see Liverpool getting much out of their next two games.

Oh, and well done to Derby. Excellent penalties and a battling performance.

Comment

Well in, Darbeh!

Comment

Fuck me that was bad. An absolute shambles until we lost a man and went long to Fellaini and Lukaku, at which point it became a circus. The bit where Jones and Bailly took it in turns to slice the ball 100ft in the air was the worst thing to happen to the club since, well, since before the Glazers at any rate.

Did anyone expect Jones to score? Anyone? Half the Stretford End were leaving when he stepped up.

Some positives:

My United pie wasn't burnt for the first time since last season
                      The trams were empty
                      I don't have to pay £30 for tickets to game sI don't really want to go to any more
                      I'm really struggling here

Comment

more positives;

Mourinho will leave soon and then the Berbaslug analyses of Man United games will return

Comment

Ah yes. Analysis based on real events.

Comment

Can't wait for the person whose entire experience of the sport is passively watching it on a screen to post a long message on here about how he has won his club back from the man who is rude in press conferences.

Comment

Liverpool have an official lubricant partner. No idea what to make of that, really.

Yes, I am watching the hoardings as it's more entertaining than the actual game, which seems to be a comedy of errors so far.

EDIT: Just as Keita has a good shot saved, and Liverpool do nowt with the resulting corner.

Comment

That is piss poor. Again.

Comment

Yep, that'll do it.

Comment

That was almost as if Hazard was saying “If you think Salah’s was the goal of the season, watch this!”.

Comment

Macclesfield with a bit to do in the last 10.

Comment

Jordan Henderson does not like Eden Hazard. Or, at least, his habit of falling over under clumsy, lunging challenges.

Comment

Are the Liverpool supporters booing Moses? If so, is it something he’s done in this game (I only turned it on twenty minutes ago) as I can’t see what complaints they’d have about his loan spell there?

Comment

Anyway, that's game #1 of 2 I'm expecting nowt from. Although I will take a scrappy away win on Saturday over that.

Comment

He made two hilariously awful mistakes that lead to two goals that put us out of both cup competitions, if I remember rightly.

Liverpool certainly pissed that away (with some help from the ref.)

Comment

Can't find the Spanish thread, so, Leganes beat Barcelona 2-1, and currently Sevilla are leading Real Madrid 3-0, with 40 minutes gone.

Comment

There isn't a Spanish thread - closest thing is that game 39 thread.

Comment

Hazard's goal was truly sublime, wasn't it? Utterly perfect in it's skill. No lucky bobble involved, no obvious terrible mistake from defender or 'keeper to aid it, just sheer class to score a late winning goal against a previously unbeaten outfit.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X