No announcement yet.

Those nights at Anfield and, well, the Bernabeu I guess - CL semi finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Madrid seemed to just escape from a lot of Bayern attacks with a last minute clearance or defender throwing themselves to the ground to block a shot. Bayern were very patient in their attacks and never really ran straight into the box all that much. I could see Salah, Firmino, and Mane carving Madrid's back four apart.

Comment

Navas really saved Madrid there, some excellent saves and strong decision making (taking out his teammates in the process). Bayern should have walked that, they wasted so many chances. James kicking the ball out was a disgrace, but surprised he was subbed right after. (disgrace might be harsh, but could tel some of his teammates were fuming).

Comment

I think there was always likely to be an issue playing Rodriguez in last night's match. He took his goal well enough, but the conflict of interests was apparent, particularly when he put the ball out for a non-essential injury.

Comment

That game last night was odd. It was eventful without being good. Both sides are clearly on their last legs, and it really showed. Bayern didn't have the speed, the speed of foot, the speed of thought, and the speed of ball movement needed to pull of what they were trying to do (this is why they fragged ancelotti) And Real madrid were just about able to cling on, as a result of Bayern's sloppiness, and lack of precision. If they play like that against liverpool, there is a good chance that they will get fucking hammered. They couldn't deal with Spurs before Christmas, and Spurs' attack is not as fast or as sophisticated as the liverpool front three.

The most obvious thing about last nights game was that everyone had so much space it looked like a game from 2002. Klopp must be praying that he still has 14 fit players by the time the final rolls around.

Comment

Klopp must be praying that he still has 14 fit players by the time the final rolls around.
            That's not a foregone conclusion. The bench tonight is:-

Subs: Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Moreno, Ings, Solanke, Woodburn

Comment

Live from the Stadio Olimpico - what a fucking palaver getting in. Five security checks, 5000 people crammed through 6 turnstiles. Luckily we followed advice and set off 3 hours before kick off, but we still only reached our seats at 8pm local time.

Comment

Get the fuck in.

Comment

Sin sin.

Comment

How was that not a foul on Wijnaldum?

Comment

Comical.

Comment

Hahahahaha. That's about as Liverpool as it gets.

Comment

Seriously, guys. Is there something about the pace and power of modern footballers that causes defenses to just freak out if the ball is in their third of the pitch? Or is it just the teams in the last 8 of this competition who can't be fucked to have decent defenders?

Comment

Why didn't Roma just play on there? Stopping to claim a pen when you're on the ball in the box, I don't know...

Comment

Christ, Roma's defending is even worse than Liverpool's. Fill your boots, reds. (I mean 'whites'.)

Comment

Roma's defence is worse than Liverpool's.

So far.

EDIT: Ha. Nice cross post there.

Comment

Why am I still nervous?

Comment

Because Liverpool?

Comment

Yeah. Because Liverpool.

Comment

Because 7-3 is the most dangerous lead...

Comment

You've seen Liverpool play, right?

Comment

Liverpool missed a trick not having red trim on their change white shirt, like the iconic 70s version.

Comment

Truth.

Comment

Well, reasonably happy with the first half. If we get another 2 or 3 unanswered I'll probably relax a bit.

Comment

See?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                                    See?
                                                    If the penalty and red card had been given I'd understand but surely you're safe.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X