Hitting the Wall. S'all good - weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitting the Wall. S'all good - weekend matchgoing

Shrewsbury v Walsall for me. I really want to see Shrewsbury beat Walsall once before I die. Hopefully this will be the game and I can tick that wish off my bucket list.

Rotherham United v Rochdale. The one fixture that both sets of fans won't hear the opposition singing "You'r just a town full of paedos"...

Comment

Southend United v Doncaster Rovers as part of a stag du with six other people in attendance, of which only three really follow football - I don't expect that number to change by full-time.

Comment

After our calamitous FA Trophy debacle against Gateshead, there is now absolutely nothing to look forward to for the rest of the season, save scrabbling enough points for safety. So Orient v Ebbsfleet will be more of a chore than a joy

Comment

Planning on going to Waldhof Mannheim v. Astoria Walldorf on Saturday. Had a season ticket for FCA when we lived in Walldorf but haven't seen them play since their cup exploits against Bielefeld last season (when I could be glimpsed on the TV coverage chuntering away with a mate behind the goal during the penalty shootout, fame at last...) but they are not having a particularly strong season and Waldhof will be after another 3 points to cement their hold on second place in the Regionalliga Südwest. Looks like the title will be beyond them, so they'll be pinning their hopes on the play-off lottery yet again as the only way to get up into the promised land of the 3. Liga.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
            Southend United v Doncaster Rovers as part of a stag du with six other people in attendance, of which only three really follow football - I don't expect that number to change by full-time.
            You're straying into my territory there. Are you staying in the town?

Comment

A chance to consolidate fourth place and with it a ticket for the Europa League second qualifying round play-offs, as Utrecht bounce back from last weekend's 3-0 thrashing at PSV to face Vitesse.

Comment

Wimbledon v Oxford United on Saturday, Wales v Italy in the rugby on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                  Rotherham United v Rochdale. The one fixture that both sets of fans won't hear the opposition singing "You'r just a town full of paedos"...
                  We've got Oldham at home and I'm dreading it for nonsense like this.

Comment

WBA v Leicester. A win and we hit the magic 40 point barrier and will probably end Pardew's spell in charge of the Throstles/Baggies/Albion.

Comment

Middlesbrough v Barnsley. We've won the last two and my brother's going so it should be three points for Barnsley. With an injury-time winner in all likelihood.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                        You're straying into my territory there. Are you staying in the town?
                        No, as the second part of the stag involves watching all-female wrestling in a railway arch in Bethnal Green.

Comment

No, as the second part of the stag involves watching all-female wrestling in a railway arch in Bethnal Green.
                          Due to crossrail works the railway line between Liverpool Street and Southend Victoria is closed this weekend and there is a replacement bus service. Make sure you use c2c services out of Fenchurch Street instead. c2c will accept tickets from the Liverpool Street line.

https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/trav...nd-southend-51

Comment

Zilina vs Slovan Bratislava on Sunday. The Slovak league is doing one of those split things this season and this is one of the first fixtures in the top six phase. Nearly always a good game between these sides and the weather is warming up, so I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Shaw Lane v Sutton Coldfield

Middlesbrough are charging £30, so unfortunately I won't be there. Don't worry about the result Capy, we really aren't very good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                                Middlesbrough are charging £30, so unfortunately I won't be there.
                                I don't blame you to be honest.

Comment

I see Viper is on the card, she's the current ICW Women's Champion, so worth seeing.

Comment

No Session Moth, no bags of cans.

Comment

Bradford City v MK. It would be lovely to beat them and send them closer to League 2 but City are shite at the moment and Charlie Wyke is suspended, we also have a proud record of providing valuable away points to struggling teams.
                                      There's also a chance it might be called off if it rains heavily overnight.

Comment

Awkward one tomorrow with that weather forecast. First choice would be Garforth Town v Parkgate but the Supply Chain Network Stadium is notoriously awful if it rains and nothing else leaps out as an alternative in West Yorkshire. Might go the opposite way and look at either Matlock Town v Stourbridge in the NPL or have a rare dip into the Midland League at South Normanton Athletic v Sporting Khalsa. Will see how the picture looks in the morning and how much I feel like drinking.

Comment

t’s the first (of four) league meetings tonight between Ireland’s big two, Dundalk v Cork City. Dundalk have a dismal record against Cork in recent years and are already four points behind after three games. It probably won’t be pretty and it’ll have a real derby feel to it despite a couple of hundred km between the clubs.

The it’s the young fella’s Under 10s away up the country at 10am Saturday (a first league match with a neutral referee so that’ll be fun), then a dash to hopefully catch the second half of the younger fella’s U8 debut, then some last minute Mothers Day shopping, a 7th birthday party, then delayed ManU-Liverpool on Sky+

Comment

If today's improvement maintains, I'll be sufficiently 'flu-free to make it to Shrewsbury v Walsall. I've seen us beat 'em, but it's not a regular thing.

I'll probably spend half the game checking my phone for scores from the NW. It's getting to that stage of the season.

Comment

Hinckley vs Chelmsley Town

This ought to be a home win. Following up Tuesday night’s 11-1 defeat of Alvis might be a bit tricky though.

Comment

I had to google Chelmsley Town as I thought it was an auto-correct for Chelmsford City (who are in the wrong league anyway). It turns out they are from Coleshill in the West Midlands.

Comment

Salop v Saddlers for me too.

I will not be singing Que Sera, Sera.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X