No announcement yet.

Not That Creepy - Weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Logan, where about are you in Amersfoort? I'm up near the station (up being a very relative term hereabouts). And as for Nijkerk, the best amateur team in Holland is IJsselmeer Vogels, Spakenburg's direct neighbours. I have an unhealthy dislike of Nijkerk owing to the dull cycling out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate les bleus View Post
      Marine 1-3 Mickleover Sports

Mickleover much the better side in what turned out to be an action-packed afternoon. The Akinfenwa-esque figure of Pablo Mills (below, centre) commanded the defence against a rather disjointed Marine attack.

The disparity in physicality between the sides was even more obvious when Marine winger da Silva, all of 5'7", was stood next to the Sports left sided defender, who the programme reckoned was 6'6" (below, left)

Having cruised into a 2-0 HT lead, things went briefly off the rails for Mickleover when their player manager John McGrath was red carded for two fouls in quick succession. Here he traipses off while some local teenagers call him a bell end.

Soon after that, Marine had a penalty well saved by the Mickleover keeper, who was beginning to time waste and generally raise the hackles of the locals behind his goal. A bit of multi-player scuffling soon followed which saw his shirt ripped right across and down the front. The ref wasn't impressed with his new low cut blouse look and we had a farcical 7 minute wait whilst Clinton Morrison ran round to the dressing room, couldn't find a replacement jersey and offered up a training top instead. The ref eventually let him wear that, provided he pulled a high viz bib over top of it. Very fetching.

Mickleover then scored a third from the promising-looking Andy Dales, before a Marine sub curled in the best goal of the game as a consolation. With 9 minutes of added time and Marine in no shape to get back into it, I left before the end, probably missing a memorable cacophony of abuse raining down on the keeper as he left the field.
      Pablo Mills! Still seen as something of a cult hero at Bury from a time when we desperately needed one.

Comment

And at Rotherham.

Comment

Good game yesterday. Well, the second half was alright. Nice that Lukaku played so well, and Nemanja Matic for the people, imho.

Better than the result was the tram stopping with a door right in front of me, so I got straight on. Then I won the football card at work, and found a score on the floor. What a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post
            Arsenal v Manchester City, League Cup Final. Thanks to a season ticket holder who's out of the country.

Will be interesting to gauge Mrs CS's reaction, as her last experience of two PL teams was City v Wigan well over ten years ago and she left the ground asking where were all the super skills that Premier League players are supposed to have.
            "I've been to games at quite a few levels now and don't really notice any difference in quality"

What words can you find to say about Pep's City team that haven't been said already? Well this is probably the first time it's been suggested they're indistinguishable from Deal Town.

Comment

Csíkszereda 3 Dunaújváros 0

The weirdest post season in history, to the point where we now sit in the post post season. After what seems like months of mediocrity Csikszereda were obviously just waiting for this whatever it is. (after the regular season the ten teams were divided into two groups of 4 and 6. Having finished 5th we ended up in the losers league, and proceeded to slowly and pointlessly sink to 2nd in that league. But now it is the post post season where the top 8 (4+4)play off). Two wins in Hungary against the 3rd seeds and this weekend back home. Saturday I couldn't go but again we won and wrapped up the sweep in a consummate and easy win. The other ties are pretty tight so no idea how long it'll be before we play again.

Comment

As I can't see there being enough games left on to warrant a midweek thread - I'm hoping to be at Wimbledon v Blackburn, top v near to bottom of D3 in freezing conditions, what could go wrong?

Comment

I'm off to Bohs v Derry City tonight, thankfully haven't been asked to do the PA tonight, which is often the case at midweek matches, so if my extremities start to freeze I can head into the bar

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                    As I can't see there being enough games left on to warrant a midweek thread - I'm hoping to be at Wimbledon v Blackburn, top v near to bottom of D3 in freezing conditions, what could go wrong?
                    If it's any help, me and the massed ranks of otf Shrews will be cheering you on...

Comment

I'm setting off to Hull in half an hour. All I'm thinking about is how cold it will be, rather than the match itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X