The Heart of Darkness - Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Heart of Darkness - Weekend Matchgoing

It must be a quiet weekend as nobody has started up the thread. I feel bogus doing so as I'm visiting The Belly of the Beast for England v Wales in the rugby. I fear it won't go well.

Bradford away, and I'll be in the home stand with my mate who supports them. Given their form and given Bury's, I'm anticipating having to do quite a bit of sitting on my hands.

Comment

Yeah, I am not going to Braintree. I will be settling down in my local with my compatriots to watch the rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
        Bradford away, and I'll be in the home stand with my mate who supports them. Given their form and given Bury's, I'm anticipating having to do quite a bit of sitting on my hands.
        What a coincidence.

So are we.

(I'm not going)

Comment

No football plans this weekend. I have done a game at weekend for 5 in a row. So probably due a week off.

Need to get a Valentines gift for Mrs Thistle so probably just a trip into town for me.

Comment

Reffing Saturday, so can't go to Eintracht-Cologne, but Sunday's game has been called off, theoretically leaving me free to go to Offenbach-Elversberg (third v fifth) in regional D4. I say theoretically, because it's slated to snow and be very cold again, and I'm quite fed up of it being cold. I desperately want to sit outside in a t-shirt.

Comment

Bolehall Swifts vs Hinckley.

It’s going to rain and I’m told Bolehall’s pitch is crap, so maybe it won’t be on. Which would probably suit some Hinckley directors as a few supporters would quite like a chat about how it is they’ve managed to agree an extension of our current groundsharing agreement at Heather without having held a binding vote of the membership.

Comment

It's the big two in Ireland.... Dundalk v Cork in the Presidents Cup, the supercup season opener. Plenty of needle as the two shape up for what looks likely to be another two way battle, in the league at least. First live football since early November, it's a long off season.
                Two under 10s games before that on what I'd call a relatively low key weekend.

Comment

Zilina vs Poprad in the last winter friendly before the Slovak league season restarts.

Comment

Fisher v Kent Football United has been suggested to me, but I notice that there's also Lewisham Borough v Lydd Town in the same division at the same time. Potential choices...

Comment

The last time Tranmere came to Brisbane Road, it was a bright April afternoon and we were headed to the League One play-off final within a month. They were heading down. They're heading in a more upward direction now though, two divisions lower, and will give us a tough one. It'll be cold.

Comment

Carlisle v Colchester.

As if a mid table fourth division match between two sides who’ll be trying not to lose isn’t a dire enough prospect, the weather forecast is shit and I’m on a largely open terrace. This really does feel like I’m only going out of duty.

Comment

Keeping it real with Spurs-Arsenal & Southamton-Liverpool.
                          Haven't seen Pellegrino since that time his Independiente nearly beat* Racing. Away. With 9 men.
                          *They won on the night but fell a goal short over the 2 legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                            Fisher v Kent Football United has been suggested to me, but I notice that there's also Lewisham Borough v Lydd Town in the same division at the same time. Potential choices...
                            If it's set to rain I'd recommend Fisher over Lewisham, as they have two options for cover rather than one. Also Borough's pitch was cutting up horrifically on Monday night, so it runs the risk of being called off.

I'm looking at Croydon vs Glebe - as I feel I've put off watching them long enough now.

Comment

Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate les bleus View Post
                                Carlisle v Colchester.

As if a mid table fourth division match between two sides who’ll be trying not to lose isn’t a dire enough prospect, the weather forecast is shit and I’m on a largely open terrace. This really does feel like I’m only going out of duty.
                                Given that context with the added angle of it being our first 'drinky' match since 30 December, a two goal margin in favour of either side with half an hour to go may mean you see two familiar figures descending the East Stand steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                  Given that context with the added angle of it being our first 'drinky' match since 30 December, a two goal margin in favour of either side with half an hour to go may mean you see two familiar figures descending the East Stand steps.
                                  Just make sure it’s definitely a two goal margin before you set off though, eh.

Comment

The Rotherham Derby - Maltby Main v Parkgate.

Comment

York v Salford. We'll lose dispiritingly and the programme will be full of references to the League Cup victory over most of the Class of 92.

Comment

Northern Quarter Makers Market, Stephenson Square, Sunday.

Forecast for snow. Yay.

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
                                          It's the big two in Ireland.... Dundalk v Cork in the Presidents Cup, the supercup season opener. Plenty of needle as the two shape up for what looks likely to be another two way battle, in the league at least. First live football since early November, it's a long off season.
                                          Two under 10s games before that on what I'd call a relatively low key weekend.
                                          Ahem,I think you'll find the real big two are playing each other next Friday,match sold out two weeks beforehand,you know what they say "form is temporary ,hating each other's guts is permanent "

Comment

Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday

On current form, two teams battling to see who is the tallest dwarf. One win in seventeen for us and we haven't beaten them at Oakwell in the last seven attempts.

Two nil to the Owls

Comment

Whole day of ante-natal classes tomorrow. But the Clapton ultras have decided to make a temporary pause of their Old Spotted Dog to support the U18s in the semi final of the Ingleby Cup on Sunday afternoon, so I'm going to try and make that.

Comment

Congratulations steveeeeeeeee hope everything's going well

Comment

If I get to a game it’ll probably be Loughton Manor v Pitstone & Ivinghoe.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X