Dons by the Don: Weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dons by the Don: Weekend matchgoing

Rotherham United v Wimbledon. Anyone else going?

Visiting family in Leicester and have a ticket to see Carvahal's Swansea revival come to an end (I hope).

Comment

Wales v Scotland in the rugby, the trip to The Foundry will have to wait for another season.
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 02-02-2018, 12:12.

Comment

I'm heading away from the 6 Nations fever in Cardiff. Going to see Bristol Rovers v Shrewsbury. My first Shrewsbury away game of the season and my first since Bristol Rovers away last season. Hoping the game isn't decided by a dickhead referee this time.

Comment

Last 16 of the FA Vase, in the shadow of the M6 and M42 - Coleshill Town v Bracknell Town.

Comment

Maidenhead United v Stockport County

My first FA Trophy match. We're usually knocked out in the regional rounds. Hoping for a plucky giantkilling, but win lose or draw we've made history getting to the 3rd round at only the 7th time of asking.

Comment

Just realised I thought about starting this thread last night. I was going to call it Brizzle in the Drizzle. I doubt I'll be able to use that now so I'll let you all enjoy it in this post instead.

Comment

If domestic stuff allows, and the pitch has withstood the deluge from earlier in the week then I'm hoping to get to Marine v Stafford Rangers.

Comment

Reffing this weekend: Germania Enkheim II v KEWA Wachenbuchen II tonight. FSV Frankfurt U17 v TUS Froschhausen tomorrow afternoon. Frankfurter Berg v SV Blau-Gelb Frankfurt II (Emre Can's first club) Sunday.

Anyone going? Because if you are, dress up warm, it's going to be freezing all fucking weekend.

Comment

Two games for me on Sunday: BAA vs Devonshire Colts followed by Robin Hood vs Devonshire Cougars. If anyone is coming over this weekend, let me know and I will tidy out the pool house. Bring clothing suitable for 19/20 degrees C, might be a little cloudy...

Comment

Derby County v Brentford

Brentford had 76% possession in the 1-1 draw at home to Derby but I don’t think they’ll be parking the bus this time.

Comment

Bristol Rovers v Shrewsbury for me. Though I doubt it'll in the drizzle, because it looks like it's going to piss down.

Luckily I've got a ticket in the stand that looks like it should be used to watch show-jumping or something.

Comment

Hey. I'm in the stand too. We should come up with some kind of secret code signal or something.

Comment

To Turf Moor as Petrochemical Branding Exercise PLC take on whichever 11 players Dyche can patch together. Bet on the home side not scoring.

Comment

Bristol R v Salop for me also. We (almost) never get anything there and they'll be looking for revenge after the kicking we gave them in October (?) but it's my closest game and it'll be nice to be home by 6. Taking my raincoat though.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                Hey. I'm in the stand too. We should come up with some kind of secret code signal or something.
                                You've got an apt profile pic for that fixture too (Or is it the reverse fixture?)

Comment

My game is off this afternoon as a flu wave has apparently hit Froschhausen U17s. Only possible game in the region would be Mainz v Bayern, but I'm not setting out five hours before kick-off to queue for a free ref's ticket (Bayern away games are, depressingly, always sold out months in advance). So it looks like Lincoln v Swindon on iFollow in the warmth with Kaffee und Kuchen.

Comment

Sheffield v Alvechurch.

Comment

Accrington v Stevenage. Stevenage have had the jinx over Stanley for years which adds a tiny bit of spice.
                                      Expect a 0-3 and much cussing and spluttering from the home fans. Tradition must be respected

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                                        My game is off this afternoon as a flu wave has apparently hit Froschhausen U17s. Only possible game in the region would be Mainz v Bayern, but I'm not setting out five hours before kick-off to queue for a free ref's ticket (Bayern away games are, depressingly, always sold out months in advance). So it looks like Lincoln v Swindon on iFollow in the warmth with Kaffee und Kuchen.
                                        Bollcoks, they assigned me to another game and my vision of a cosy afternoon is shattered. I could have said, "I've already made plans," but I hardly think watching Lincoln on my iPad with a slice of cake qualifies as a plan, as such. So it's Oberrad U17 v Bornheim U17s. Yay.

Comment

£33 means I'm not going to Sheff Wed v Birmingham today. Fortunately, we avoided a family discussion about the matter as Mrs KGR has to be in London for some work event today.

Was all lined up to go to Carlton to listen to Alan's Fall tribute playlist as a taster for Stocksbridge's league visit, but I've just heard that it's waterlogged.

Oldest twin is recovering from representing the area in the county cross-country today at Wollaton Park. She did well despite a terrible cough, and the best bit was that she stopped to help a girl who had slipped over. All three play football tomorrow, weather permitting after a few recent postponements, and the twins will be up against it as only 8 are available (with our goalie amongst the absent) for an away trip to a very good Lincoln team (7v7 development U11s) while oldest will be hoping for muddy pitch to clear as she hasn't played yet this year for various reasons (has only missed one actual match though). Unfortunately, timings and venues mean I can only be at one, so that will be decided tomorrow.

Comment

1-0 us. And it had been coming.

Comment

We are so going to regret these missed chances.

Comment

Bugger, disallowed.

Comment

How many have we scored in injury time now?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X