No announcement yet.

O'Neill & Keane Not To Stoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is pretty extraordinary.... St Patrick's Athletic have put out a statement endorsing Stephen Kenny for next Ireland manager.... the same Stephen Kenny who has two years left on a contract at one of Pats' rivals
    https://twitter.com/stpatsfc/status/1065924889348055040

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
      This is pretty extraordinary.... St Patrick's Athletic have put out a statement endorsing Stephen Kenny for next Ireland manager.... the same Stephen Kenny who has two years left on a contract at one of Pats' rivals
      https://twitter.com/stpatsfc/status/1065924889348055040
      And Derry City getting in on the act
      https://www.derrycityfc.net/2018/11/...eland-manager/

Like Arsenal and Man United joining forces to suggest England take on Pep Guardiola. No vested interest here, no sirree.

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
        And Derry City getting in on the act
        https://www.derrycityfc.net/2018/11/...eland-manager/

Like Arsenal and Man United joining forces to suggest England take on Pep Guardiola. No vested interest here, no sirree.
        You think they are that cynical?

I think they are just fed up of the national team being run by spoofers.

Comment

I'll declare my vested interest, I don't want Kenny to get the job because you're lot would be straight down the road to Dalymount looking for Keith Long to replace him.

Comment

It's the "plain speaking Yorkshireman " according to Rte, tbh I think even speaking to Stephen Kenny was just pandering by the F.A.I, they always wanted Mick.

Comment

Fuck sake

Comment

The poor man's Martin O'Neil.

Well done FAI.

Comment

Poor Obafemi might be repenting at leisure now.

Comment

When youse don’t qualify for the Euros maybe Kenny will get a go.

Comment

Maybe Mick Mac will take Delaney down with him if we're lucky.

A shame that young Seamus Coleman won't see another tournament until he is at least 34.

Comment

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1065639521344266240?s=19

Comment

Mick McCarthy Premier league Record
                          P 137 W 27 D 28 l 82 F 130 A 274 Pts 109

Comment

On a lighter note Just on Nationwide.

"Mary Kennedy: How would you like to be remembered
                            Maureen O Hara: As a Dub. As a Shamrock Rovers fan. And as a half decent performer."

Comment

I'm sure he'll get a tough group and then they'll extend his contract to 2022 so that he can fail again. Then he can make it 1 successful qualification out of 6.

What am I talking about. They've probably already given him a contract until 2022.

Comment

1.2 million a year apparently

Morten Olsen managed Denmark for over 15 years for 400k a year. He also developed a football ethos and oversaw youth development.

And look how shit Denmark are now.

Comment

What was the rush?
                                  Why €1.2m?
                                  Why him?

A wasted opportunity to have a public debate about what we want football to be in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                    Maybe Mick Mac will take Delaney down with him if we're lucky.

A shame that young Seamus Coleman won't see another tournament until he is at least 34.
                                    Keep getting relegated from the Nations League to give you a chance of making the 2024 Euros from the bottom pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Ek weet nie View Post
                                      What was the rush?
                                      Why €1.2m?
                                      Why him?
                                      * embarrassing not to have a frontman in place for the Dublin draw

* it's the going rate in the ECL

* the current Ipswich supremo isnt àvailable

A wasted opportunity to have a public debate about what we want football to be in this country
                                      You can still have it. There are 4 months to the next game
                                      Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 24-11-2018, 07:09.

Comment

It's £500k per year, the going rate in the Championship.

The rush apparently to deflect from calls for Delaney's head, as now a public petition against his continued tenure.
                                        Thus he doesn't want a debate as such, about the future.

Comment

Will Denis double the wage?

Comment

Who outside other blazers would even notice Ireland’s lack of a manager at the Eutos draw? No one remembers where these things are held the minute after they are done.

So we are lumbered with Mick so Delaney doesn’t get shown up in front of his fellow kleptocrats. Fuck sake.

Comment

Delaney's contract is to 2020 apparently, according to Early in the Irish Times.

Mick might be Delaney's Trojan Horse.

Comment

it literally makes no sense in any context other than Delaney trying to quieten his critics.

Does Anyone know how much Mick was on at Ipswich, and was it €1.2 million a year plus bonuses?

I assumed that he loved us so much he'd do it for free. Just how much money does he need? I suppose delaney is delighted that he's got it over the line for just Two Joe Schmidt salaries, rather than the Three that Martin O'Neill was getting.
                                                Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 24-11-2018, 19:08.

Comment

Where has the €1.2 million come from? And is it that amount plus bonuses or including potential bonus payments?

Comment

FAI showing a great deal of confidence by saying he'll replace McCarthy after the Euro 2020 finals. My money would be on Mick being a pundit for those finals rather than a manager.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X