No announcement yet.

January 2018 transfer window thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got two free papers yesterday, full of transfer rumours. Andre Ayew going back to Swansea was one of them.

Comment

Man City have spent more on defence this year than 52 nation states.

Comment

Aubameyang is at Arsenal having his medical, though not sure how rigorous Arsenal medicals are. If you can walk into the room without falling over that is probably enough. Chances are if he watched the game last night then he's probably outside the ground right now begging people to kick him in the knee.

Comment

I know Mahrez will leave Leicester, but it would be a crime against football if he went to a club who seemingly want him as premium injury cover for two months. Such joyous players should be stars.

Comment

Mesut Ozil has apparently signed a new deal. On the occasions I've watched Arsenal this season I've been impressed with him, but as last night showed the problems in midfield and at the back demand to be addressed and won't be.

Comment

Ozil will reportedly be the best paid player in the Premier League, which is quite remarkable.

Comment

That just means "latest player to sign a contract" though doesn't it? And what was the point of getting mkhtaryan if they weren't going to get rid of puny dribbly himself.

Comment

Well he's not really puny and he doesn't dribble much, but because of this kind of thing, I guess.

Comment

All this transfer business will certainly help Arsenal in their quest to finish 6th every season for the rest of humanity.

Comment

You mean the team that apart from last season (when they came 5th) didn't finish below 4th for the last twenty years...

Hmmm...

Comment

Yeah, that one. The 6th best team in the league and it doesn't feel likely that it's going to change any time soon.

Comment

Seems odd that you are so exercised about a club finishing 6th that hasn't finished as low as 6th for nearly a quarter of a century as opposed to all the other clubs that have finished 6th or lower in that time.

Comment

I remember being disappointed when Villa finished 6th 3 years in a row. Seems a long time ago now.

Comment

Brentford have rejected a bid of £5.5m from Bournemouth for centre-back Chris Mepham.

He has made 11 first-team appearances.

Comment

Lincoln have signed Tom Pett from Stevenage for an undisclosed fee. I gather he's an attacking midfielder that can play on the wing, which probably means Nathan Arnold is on his way out (a shame cos he comes across as genuinely lovely bloke). Not sure Pett will start in front of Danny Rowe or Harry Anderson on the wings, nor Freck in the middle, but it's another attacking option. Rumour is that Theo Robinson may be on his way back too.

Comment

Ex-Wealdstone.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                                    Brentford have rejected a bid of £5.5m from Bournemouth for centre-back Chris Mepham.

He has made 11 first-team appearances.
                                    Fuck. They've come back with a bigger bid. Betfair have him at 8/11 on to join them.

He's on a 5 year contract. Surely it would be better to wait till summer and get a real bidding war started.

Comment

So Arsenal's front four...
                                      Lacazette
                                      Mkhitaryan
                                      Aubameyang
                                      Ozil

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                        I know Mahrez will leave Leicester, but it would be a crime against football if he went to a club who seemingly want him as premium injury cover for two months. Such joyous players should be stars.
                                        Supposedly now dead. I wonder if that is a mistake from Leicester's perspective. Mahrez's stock is unlikely to rise significantly higher than at the moment, and there is no way he is signing another contract at Leicester. Which means they will have to sell him in the summer, as by then he will only have two years left on his contract, which is the last point where selling clubs get full value as thereafter the purchasers seek discounts based on being a motivated seller. However this window is a sellers market, whilst the summer might be more of a buyers one.

As for dm's point that it will be a shame to see Mahrez as just a squad player, I somewhat agree. But that is clearly where the bloke himself wants to get to and where he will end up sooner or later. He probably believes he can be a star even at a Man City. I hope he is right, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryvbas Gripper Rih View Post
                                          I understand it's part of the FA Premier League constitution that Stoke have to sign a Senegalese midfielder you've never heard of for £10m every winter transfer window.
                                          And then fail to get a work permit...

Comment

Fucking Shrewsbury.

Comment

Mark my words. Arsenal are going to really regret selling Olivier to Chelsea. Most undervalued forward in the premier league.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                                Fucking Shrewsbury.
                                                You'll be on about the wonderfully named Abo Eisa.

I've seen his goal against Weston-Super-Mare.

I believe he's the first player we've signed from Sudan.

Comment

And probably the first from Wealdstone.

Comment

Transfer deals - January 2018 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/42514389

Follow the fun here.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X