No announcement yet.

January 2018 transfer window thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The German revolution at Norwich continues.

Dennis Sberny signs from Paderborn (undisclosed fee), Onel Hernandez joins from Eintracht Braunschweig (undisclosed fee) and
    Moritz Leitner comes on loan from FC Augsburg. That is now a total of eight players signed from Germany's (mostly lower) leagues. Hit and miss so far but we'll see what the latest three bring to the squad.

Meanwhile Kenny McClean has been signed from Aberdeen (£200,000) and loaned straight back to them. Steven Naismith goes the other way to Hearts on loan (they are paying a quarter of his ludicrous £30,000 weekly wages).

Comment

Liverpool confirm Tony Gallagher from Falkirk. Perhaps not the mega signing the more vocal fans wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Cogito View Post
        Was it at Charlton? Please?
        VG

Comment

Almost one for OIHSP? but Tim Cahill (73) to return to Millwall.

Comment

Daniel Sturridge: West Brom sign Liverpool striker on loan - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42867615

Wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
              Daniel Sturridge: West Brom sign Liverpool striker on loan - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42867615

Wtf?
              Is he cup-tied?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                Is he cup-tied?
                No.

Comment

Wtf?
                  He is an international in a World Cup Finals year who wasn't getting games. A loan move that should see him play and keeps him in the Premier League and so the public eye makes a lot of sense.

Comment

The Aubameyang transfer to Arsenal -- as of last night -- was getting complicated.

1. Aubameyang agreed terms with Arsenal a while ago.
                    2. Dortmund have accepted Arsenal's offer of 63 million euros, but only on condition they get Giroud, whom the club wanted in the summer, on free loan until end of season.
                    3. Giroud is saying "Que le Furque?", I don't wanna to go Ruhrpott. I wanna go to Chelsea...
                    4. ... who are interested in Giroud on a loan deal because Morata is crocked and Conte doesn't fancy Michy Batshuay.
                    5. But Dortmund might fancy Michy Batshuay, who would probably be happy to leave Chelsea, at least on loan.
                    6. So the Aubameyang transfer might depend on Giroud being happy to move to Chelsea, Chelsea actually wanting Giroud, Chelsea happy to loan out Batshuay, and Dortmund happy to get Batshuay as cover for Aubameyang and reasonable alternative to Giroud, who might or night not be happy to move to Chelsea.

I expect Dortmund will fold and look for an Aubameyang cover elsewhere. Maybe Antony Modeste will be reunited with Stöger.

Comment

If Batshuayi goes on loan it will seriously dent Chelsea's chances of winning the Checkatrade Trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                        He is an international in a World Cup Finals year who wasn't getting games. A loan move that should see him play and keeps him in the Premier League and so the public eye makes a lot of sense.
                        It's more how far has he fallen, from England regular to bottom of the premier league.

Comment

It's difficult to fall and get back up when you're made out of sugar glass. That and the fact that his skill set is about as well suited to Klopp's brand of pressing as I would be suited to a centrefold spread in Playgirl.

Comment

It's more how far has he fallen, from England regular to bottom of the premier league.
                            He'll be playing for a club that's still in the FA Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                              The Aubameyang transfer to Arsenal -- as of last night -- was getting complicated.

1. Aubameyang agreed terms with Arsenal a while ago.
                              2. Dortmund have accepted Arsenal's offer of 63 million euros, but only on condition they get Giroud, whom the club wanted in the summer, on free loan until end of season.
                              3. Giroud is saying "Que le Furque?", I don't wanna to go Ruhrpott. I wanna go to Chelsea...
                              4. ... who are interested in Giroud on a loan deal because Morata is crocked and Conte doesn't fancy Michy Batshuay.
                              5. But Dortmund might fancy Michy Batshuay, who would probably be happy to leave Chelsea, at least on loan.
                              6. So the Aubameyang transfer might depend on Giroud being happy to move to Chelsea, Chelsea actually wanting Giroud, Chelsea happy to loan out Batshuay, and Dortmund happy to get Batshuay as cover for Aubameyang and reasonable alternative to Giroud, who might or night not be happy to move to Chelsea.

I expect Dortmund will fold and look for an Aubameyang cover elsewhere. Maybe Antony Modeste will be reunited with Stöger.
                              Let's hope Chelsea get Dzeko and this all goes away. I can never understand why a club would facilitate their rivals making big signings, unless this is actually Chelsea/Conte sabotaging the Aubameyang Arsenal move.

Comment

It’s payday for Port Vale if Jordan Hugill’s move from Preston to Palace is confirmed (and for a fee - none of this swapsies nonsense that some clubs try to avoid paying a cut to the developing player’s previous club)

Comment

I understand it's part of the FA Premier League constitution that Stoke have to sign a Senegalese midfielder you've never heard of for £10m every winter transfer window.

Comment

We've borrowed someone called Caolan Lavery from Sheffield United.

Comment

Ooh, how many other players have completed the Wednesday-United-Rotherham set? Not that many I'll wager

Comment

Imre Varadi is the only one that springs immediately to mind, though suspect there will be some modern players who had short loan spells that I missed. Plus there's Ian Porterfield who played for Wednesday, left to manage Rotherham and then went to manage United.

United seem to have come to the same conclusion as Wednesday did around Lavery - he isn't Championship standard. Useful League One striker, scores a few goals, might be used as an impact sub. Style of play reminds me a bit of Ryan Lowe.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                          United seem to have come to the same conclusion as Wednesday did around Lavery - he isn't Championship standard. Useful League One striker, scores a few goals, might be used as an impact sub
                                          He's been tipped to make some recent NI squads in the Grigg/ Mackay 4th-choice striker role. Not to be confused with Shane Lavery of Everton who's in our U-21, recently scoring an injury time equaliser in Albania.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                            He's been tipped to make some recent NI squads in the Grigg/ Mackay 4th-choice striker role. Not to be confused with Shane Lavery of Everton who's in our U-21, recently scoring an injury time equaliser in Albania.
                                            Sounds like an absolute clone of Conor Washington, who we'd absolutely hate someone to make an offer on. Really. Truly. Honest.

Comment

Chelsea have apparently decided against getting Giroud, preferring Fernando Llorente instead. But why would Spurs let him go, just half a year after signing him? So Giroud might still decide to go to Dortmund. But would they still want him, after he apparently made it clear that he didn't want to go there? Or will Dortmund splash some of that Auba money on Batshuayi? And will Autumn recover from the shock of her sex-change operation when she wakes up from her coma?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                Almost one for OIHSP? but Tim Cahill (73) to return to Millwall.
                                                Such great news, it really put a bounce in my step when I heard about it on the radio this morning.

Alongside Luisao, he means more to me than any other living player. I hate the word, but I imagine for Millwall, Everton and Australia supporters, he really is a legend. So much better than every opponent in Division 1 and The Championship, better than most in the Premiership. Even though I swore I wouldn't go again, I'm going to make a real effort to see Cahill at Millwall before the season ends.

Comment

No mention of Man City wanting to sign Mahrez, who has handed in a transfer request*?

*Amusingly reported as "handed in a transfer request at Leicester". Well, yeah. It wouldn't have the same effect if he handed it in at St Mirren, to pick a team entirely at random.

Comment

Rumour is that Arsenal also want him.

And Giroud is going to Chelsea after all, to join another coach who doesn't really fancy him, to set in motion the carousel of strikers as previously set out.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X