No announcement yet.

Sacked Managers 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karanka favourite according to some sources. Interesting to say the least!

Comment

Odd mutterings today of Fat Sam to Everton and Moyes to WHU! I've heard madder!

Comment

I haven't, but between Kenwright and the dirty Barrys I'd say anything is possible

Comment

They were talking about Moyes to West Ham on MOTD last night. Hopefully he's learned from his Sunderland experience not to be dour from the off.

Comment

Silly rumour of the last few days - Denis Bergkamp to Swansea. (From a Swansea fan)

Comment

Well he certainly wouldn't have any issues with flying around Europe in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                Well he certainly wouldn't have any issues with flying around Europe in the near future.
                Unless they bring back the Anglo Italian for Championship teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarewheelbike View Post
                  Odd mutterings today of Fat Sam to Everton and Moyes to WHU! I've heard madder!
                  Fat Sam was chuckling away when they mentioned both on MOTD last night. He'd keep Everton in the league, Moyes will take West Ham down.

Watching Clement last night he's tearing his hair out but he's picked the team and tactics.

Comment

My more paranoid moments say Fat Sam to Everton to the end of the season, Dyche to take over from then.

Comment

Fat Sam would be pointless unless they see this as a relegation battle and nothing else. Images of Sam and Wayne in a spit roasting session.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        Fat Sam would be pointless unless they see this as a relegation battle and nothing else. Images of Sam and Wayne in a spit roasting session.
                        It is a relegation battle. He gets nearly two months to look at his squad then make a few purchases in January and perhaps push on in the cup. Then the new man comes in to a settled side. Win win.

How many teams are going to have changed their manager by Christmas? I reckon 7.

Comment

Big Sam's magic spunk dust seems to be already falling on Goodison before he's even been appointed, with that jammy 3-2.

Comment

Anyroad, Bilic has gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                              It is a relegation battle. He gets nearly two months to look at his squad then make a few purchases in January and perhaps push on in the cup. Then the new man comes in to a settled side. Win win.

How many teams are going to have changed their manager by Christmas? I reckon 7.
                              Fat Sam pushing on in the cup hardly seems his style.

Comment

Seems that it is Moyes for the rest of the season, after Ancelotti, Koeman, Dyche and Paolo Sousa turned the Hammers down.

Comment

Talk of Marco Silva for Everton.

Comment

Moyes is the new West Ham manager.

Comment

With Stuart Pearce as his enforcer/snarling pitbull. It's not a popular choice amongst West Ham fans, and I guess having Pearce as his number 2 is an attempt to placate them a bit.
                                      I reckon Moyes has fell on his feet here, as he's inherited a decent squad of players who just need some cohesion and confidence and a rigid plan. If he can get them above mid-table this season, which would be entirely possible, then he'll go some way to restoring his reputation that has gone down the shitter since he left for Man United.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                        Talk of Marco Silva for Everton.
                                        Seeing as the average tenure for Watford managers is 37.3 seconds, jumping before he is pushed makes perfect sense. And despite the league positions of the sides currently, it's a move to a bigger job.

Comment

Karren Brady on David Moyes just six months ago:

"just another brilliant example of the pressure women are under to laugh off these everyday moments of sexism as a joke".

"The threat to give someone a slap, no matter how you look at it, is aggressive. It is not banter. And it is not OK.

"I would like to think that any man who worked for me - no matter how wound up they feel by a reporter who is simply doing her job well - would not threaten to slap a woman.

"One of things I find most objectionable in this whole story is his reference to Sparks as being a 'girl', when he said he had apologised to her.

"She's not a girl. She is a woman and a professional. To call someone a girl is belittling, disrespectful and a real indication that you don't see her as an equal.

"Hopefully the penny has dropped for him that it's not OK to patronise, intimidate and threaten women and treat them as if they are imposters in a man's world."
                                          That girl's going the right way about getting a slap, and no mistake

Comment

I dare say outsiders will say, "here they go again" as the new Orient regime gets its first managerial sacking under its belt, but this probably, regrettably, had to be done. I expected us to be lower-mid-table at this point in the season, but with our wins having come recently as we began to gel after the inevitable bad start. But it's been the other way round. We've been getting steadily worse, and more confused tactically, since the start of September, and there were few signs of a turnaround, or a win.

Comment

Mark McGhee announced as new Barnet manager. I had three messages of sympathy from Wolves fans within ten minutes of this news breaking.

Comment

It's not the limited resources of a club that's the problem, it's the limited thinking. It almost seems a given that bosses like McGhee won't last a season.

Comment

Cheer up Mark McGhee...(Oakwell crowd, 1997). Wolves lost in the play-offs to a Palace side that turned out to be abysmal.

Comment

Coleman takes over at Sunderland. Wtf?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X