No announcement yet.

Sacked Managers 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally the big one - Arsene’s off at the end of the season.

Probably worthy of it’s own thread but can’t think of a title.

Comment

I can't think of a good thread title either but he's 68 so maybe retirement is a good thing for him.

Comment

Wenger byes

Comment

Oh, don’t worry - I think it warrants it.

Comment

Heard this on the radio. I thought they were going to say May had resigned.

Comment

The end of season bloodletting has started. MK Dons have sacked Dan Micciche with 3 games to go. The club is 6 points from safety.

Comment

I enjoyed seeing Franchise fans replying to the club's tweet with comments along the lines of "the board is killing our club".

Chesterfield have announced the departure of Jack Lester. That feels like a scapegoat being made of the wrong man.

Comment

Are Chesterfield still being run by Dave Allen?

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                    I enjoyed seeing Franchise fans replying to the club's tweet with comments along the lines of "the board is killing our club".
                    I imagine none of them grasped the irony of them killing another club to create the fucking thing in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                      Are Chesterfield still being run by Dave Allen?
                      Yup. And Ashley Carson.

Comment

Coleman departs Sunderland. He should never have left Wales to go for that job, the Swansea job was his if he wanted it with absolutely no expectations. He's going to have a battle on to restore his reputation now.

Comment

It did seem an odd choice. I don't think it's hurt his reputation much though. Sunderland were a basket case long before he arrived, I don't think he'll be held responsible for their current state.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                            Coleman departs Sunderland.
                            That hurts Sunderland more than it hurts Coleman. Do they think they are likely to find a better or more credible boss than the one they have just let go? Unless it was Coleman's choice to walk, of course.

Comment

Well they've just announced a takeover (pending league approval) by some chap Donald who's involved at Eastleigh, so it's probabky a general clearing of the decks. Or a mercy-killing. Coleman will be back in the Championship before Sunderland either way.

Comment

Ellis Short on Sunderland sale: "higher offers from less qualified buyers were rejected".

Oh, don't leave us hanging.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                  That hurts Sunderland more than it hurts Coleman. Do they think they are likely to find a better or more credible boss than the one they have just let go? Unless it was Coleman's choice to walk, of course.
                                  The reports say that he was sacked.

Comment

Which presumably means he got a whacking great pay-off, though hardly compensates for the dreadful mistake in taking the Sunderland job mere days before a couple of more attractive PL ones came available.

Yesterday, I overheard a Fulham supporter taking great delight in their win on Friday as it “put one over on that fraud Coleman” and wanted to do the chap great harm - Coleman did damn well for them.

Comment

Will Coleman need to drop a division for his next job and work his way back up? I think he took the Sunderland job in hubris mode, like a woman who thinks she can turn around a philandering drunken partner. with massive credit card debt.
                                      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 29-04-2018, 21:49.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought so. I think someone up thread said this season doesn't damage his brand at all, because the world knows Sunderland are an unmanageable basket case at the moment.

Comment

Great analogy though Satchmo.

Comment

It was a terrible decision to go there, just like it was a terrible decision by David Moyes to go there. However Moyes is rebuilding his credibility in the Premier League and I could see Coleman at Watford or Stoke or somewhere by the middle of next season.

Comment

I'd happily see Coleman have a crack at the Ipswich job.

Comment

I think Coleman is a fairly limited manager. The Sunderland gig was always likely to make him financially secure for life (had he not already been) so I can see the appeal in going there.

Comment

There's at least one Welsh club with a vacancy at the moment...

I CAN DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lots of rumours flying around that Ian Holloway will be leaving QPR soon. Ordinarily I don't give this type of gossip houseroom, but it includes a couple of usually reliable sources. Whether he jumps or is pushed isn't clear, but Tony Fernandes said last week that "the manager's position will be reviewed at the end of the season," which suggests the latter, some directors may feel he's earned the option of falling on his own sword though. There are also suggestions the club is looking for "a Steve McClaren type" (or indeed Steve McClaren,) ie: a coach/tactician.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X