No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking hell. Newport's pitch. They had a new one this season and all.

Comment

Trying to build on a swamp is a fairly futile exercise.
      Last edited by Janik; 07-01-2018, 23:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
        Watching the FA Cup highlights now. Forest looked pretty good. Arsenal had a player with 62 on his back.
        Several players in the 60's in fact. Including 69, I wonder if there's a lottery for that one?

Comment

This feels appropriate on the TV thread. VAR is being used in Brighton's Cup tie tonight and Pearce and Claridge (on the radio) are desperately trying to make some kind of story out of it. "The ref might have used it for Brighton's second goal because he seemed to say something afterwards"

Comment

TBF, Claridge is saying some sensible things. Most of the pundits I've heard recently have seemed very keen for it to fail.

Comment

Well, considering that they are talking shite about the rules of the game most of the time, then VAR will just show them up. Who knew that if there is contact in the penalty box, the attacker doesn't automatically have the right to go down?

Comment

You're suggesting they have a level of self-awareness regarding their own knowledge of the game? All that time on the golf course must be great for thoughtful reflection I suppose.

Comment

BT similarly banged on about its use for ages after the final whistle, despite the fact that there was no relevant controversy to discuss.

Comment

Watching Stones and Mangala defending there was like re-living the glory days of the Lovren/Skrtel partnership.

Comment

Good. That Chelsea v Arsenal game did not deserve any comments.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        That's 16 points now.

Madrid could be dangerous in next season's Europa League
                        16 points and they've lost their game in hand. What Real Madrid is to get rid of Zidane, and appoint another manager, of equal fame, but more coaching experience. A proven winner, someone who can really get in there, crack the whip, and get the results back. Preferably someone with a knowledge and strong feelings about the club, who can shake things up. I wonder is there anyone who could meet those criteria?

Comment

I see Kane is now Spurs record goal scorer*.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                            16 points and they've lost their game in hand. What Real Madrid is to get rid of Zidane, and appoint another manager, of equal fame, but more coaching experience. A proven winner, someone who can really get in there, crack the whip, and get the results back. Preferably someone with a knowledge and strong feelings about the club, who can shake things up. I wonder is there anyone who could meet those criteria?
                            Rafa Benitez?

(I know, I know)

Comment

Troy Deeney really is a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                Troy Deeney really is a shit.
                                Assuming that's in response to his MOTD interview, isn't that just what most players would say when a handball-goal went in their favour? It was a fairly bland "you win some, you lose some" response as I recall?

He was great yesterday, came on and won a lot in the air, playing in Gray and Richarlison. One of the first times we've played two-up with Silva and we did pose more threat. I know 4-4-2 seems a faintly archaic tactic these days, but I'd be interested to see it deployed in the next few weeks. Although a central midfield of Cleverley and Doucoure would have to a fair amount of work with Carrillo and Richarlison on the wings, and we've got a pretty soft underbelly already.

I'm faintly annoyed that the reaction to the game has been through the prism of "if VAR had been there the result would have been different!". Yes, Doucoure's late goal would undoubtedly have been ruled out, but also the Southampton defence was rather hand-sy throughout the encounter and around 4-5 times Roger East did the dramatic "no foul!" gesture with his hands (including one for a handball). I'd suspect at least one of them probably was a penalty - although MOTD didn't show any of them (maybe the handball, actually, but no replay). So if Doucoure's goal gets ruled out, do any of those get given in this hypothetical result?

I'd have liked Deeney or Silva to have made that point post-match, to be honest. At least it would have smoothed my ruffled feathers.

Comment

Classic Arsenal here; cruising at 1-0 then comical errors make it 1-2

Comment

Always rated the Ox.

Comment

Fucking stitch that. If they can get 4 ahead they might hang on for a draw.

Comment

This is just joyfully brilliant. 3 amazing finishes. I am so pleased for Kopp.

Comment

Can't edit. Klopp not Kopp.

Comment

Ederson will rightly get slated for that fourth goal but Kyle Walker, who has been woeful all game, hardly helped his keeper by running straight at him, flapping his arms in some kind of emu impersonation, causing Ederson to shank his clearance.

Comment

Robertson has been fantasic all game

Comment

And then he gets caught out of position. <Sigh>

Comment

I was about to say something similar and decided against.

Still biting my nails with a 2 goal lead and 5 minutes left.

Comment

Fucking hell, Liverpool. How. Many. Times?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X