No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a penalty on Welbeck there, but the game's up anyway.

Comment

arsenal are a fucking joke. If man utd play like this against man city they will lose by 10 to 15 goals.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the xG stats* for this one - 14 saves by DDG.

* This is what football is for now

Comment

4.6-1.9 apparently. The expectation should include it being Arsenal playing against a big team.

Comment

Was Pogba's foul really a stamp. I saw it on a screen in a restaurant, so I might have missed something, but it looked to me like Bellerin sliding into Pogba's stride more than Pogba trying to tackle anything.

The ref bottled two decisions: Koscielny's professional foul merited a red card, and Arsenal should have had a penalty.

Comment

Yes, it was.

Comment

I've watched a YouTube clip of it. I can see why the ref sent him off. Still, his eyes are elsewhere and he wasn't tackling; I don't think he was aware of Bellerin sliding in. It looks like an accident rathee than malice.

Comment

really?

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                    I've watched a YouTube clip of it. I can see why the ref sent him off. Still, his eyes are elsewhere and he wasn't tackling; I don't think he was aware of Bellerin sliding in. It looks like an accident rathee than malice.
                    You’ve mentioned Bellerin “sliding in” twice now but it’s not an accurate description. He’s basically staying in the same place and if anything is pulling his leg out of Pogba’s range. The only thing Bellerin’s movement effects is where on him Pogba’s stamp lands.
                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 02-12-2017, 22:02.

Comment

Actually, he stamped on him twice. Definitely accidental though. Both of them. Accidental.

Comment

MOTD time. Got the Christmas tree up just in time.

This reminds me I couldn't find the midweek MOTD on demand but I guess that's all chip wrappers now.

Comment

Look. I don't even like Pogba. But he's in full run, and Bellerin comes flying (maybe not sliding, but not running either) in.

Split-second later, Pogba is looking at the ball more than at Bellerin's leg.

Foot is about to connect. I don't think Pogba had time to pull out even if he wanted to.

Comment

This might be the highlights bias but this is like watching Arsenal play against a lucky plucky league 1 team in a cup match

Comment

Yeah that Pogba stamp was a red card. Can't believe anyone's debating intent really. Like it matters.

Koscielny should have been sent off too.

Comment

it looked like he stepped on him with his other foot as well. God alone knows what he thought he was doing either way.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                  Look. I don't even like Pogba. But he's in full run, and Bellerin comes flying (maybe not sliding, but not running either) in.
                                  Bellerin is “flying in” now?! What clips are you watching?

He’s “not sliding but not running either” because he’s just standing his ground. His main movement is to contort his body a little which, as I said, just effects where the stamp lands.

Pogba has no defence that he didn’t see Bellerin because he was running straight at him.

Comment

Chris Hughton not hiding that he thinks Klopp is a twat.

Is Jonjo Shelvey the baldest footballer ever? He looks like a chupa chups lolly.

Comment

Spurs fluked a point there

Comment

Shaquiri hugging Crouch is hilarious. He looks tiny.

Comment

So what are the odds that this is Paul Clement's last post match interview as Swansea manager?

Comment

Ouch. Damari Gray literally hitting the post there.

Comment

Wayne Hennessey injured himself in the warm up... it always amazes me that this happens.

Comment

GOALKEEPING SHAMBLES KLAXON

Comment

Whoever told Riyad Mahrez that dying his hair blonde was a good idea gets the November Troll of the Month award. He looked like he was playing well despite it, though. Which is nice.

Comment

A goal for Benevento (ie, everybody's second-favourite team) to level against Milan. How nice.

(Then Milan take the bloody lead again as I type...)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X