No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenal v Brighton could have been 6-2. Anyway that's it for me. I'm off to bed.

Comment

OK. Come home from work a bit early to watch Georgia v Wales on S4C

Comment

Ooh they cut short the Welsh anthem. Oops!

Comment

Kakabadze is today's fun Eastern European surname

Comment

Wales had a few chances. Pretty even game though. Weird seeing 2 strikers up front.
            Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 06-10-2017, 17:23.

Comment

Jeez that was a let off

Comment

Ouch. Georgia defender got a ball blasted at his head there and needed treatment.

Comment

Half time. Nil all.

Comment

Great goal from Tom Lawrence. (Posting this a bit late as I was eating my tea)

Comment

Woohooo. Will take that. Bit of a let off in the last few seconds when the Georgia forward sliced a shot out for a throw in.

Comment

I thought it might be handy to use this thread to post details of games coming up on free-to-air TV. Today, Sat 7th Oct, there’s:

BBC Alba, Scottish Challenge Cup, Dundee United v Linfield. Programme start 5.05pm, kickoff 5.15pm.

ITV4, World Cup qualifier, Belarus v Netherlands. Programme start 7.25pm, kickoff 7.45pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                          ITV4, World Cup qualifier, Belarus v Netherlands. Programme start 7.25pm, kickoff 7.45pm.
                          They are also showing Netherlands v sweden on Tuesday night at the same time. I think they might have a thing for Dutch football on that channel, or more likely a deal with the Dutch FA.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                            Woohooo. Will take that. Bit of a let off in the last few seconds when the Georgia forward sliced a shot out for a throw in.
                            That was almost payback for what I thought was a very rash substitution by Coleman in bringing on Woodburn for Lawrence in the final minutes. When it happened I wondered why he hadn’t brought Taylor on instead to give us some more defensive solidity in left midfield, sure enough the Georgian right back waltzed past Woodburn for that cross ( it wasn’t actually a shot, surely?).

Comment

Does the Netherlands game become largely futile if Sweden score a hatful v Luxembourg? Goal difference would get beyond Netherlands' reach. OTOH I'm not sure what happens if the bottom team's results are excluded (are they?*)

*Nope, according to the rules: "goal difference in all group matches" applies
                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 07-10-2017, 12:10.

Comment

There’s another live game on at the moment.

S4C (i.e. Sgorio), Scottish Challenge Cup, TNS v Elgin City. Kickoff was 4.30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                  They are also showing Netherlands v sweden on Tuesday night at the same time. I think they might have a thing for Dutch football on that channel, or more likely a deal with the Dutch FA.
                                  Maybe the KNVB are giving away their share of the rights because they're desperate for someone - ANYONE - to pay to broadcast their current shower of shite. They've recalled Ryan Babel... enough said.

Comment

I watched the first half of TNS v Elgin, very comfortable for TNS who were 3-0 up by half time and went on to win 4-0. The second half of Dundee United v Linfield has just started and although it’s 0-0 Linfield look much the stronger of the teams. Their travelling fans sang Rule Britannia at the start, to boos from the Arabs’ support.

Comment

A goal by Iwobi against Zambia has punched Nigeria's ticket for Russia

Comment

Dundee United evidently scored in 90th minute to beat Linfield 1-0.

Comment

At the risk of stealing Furtho's thunder, Albacete vs Lorca is on FreeSports (Freeview 95) at 10.55am tomorrow.

Comment

No no, there is no thunder. The more the merrier.

Comment

Cheers Furtho and Snake. I'd have been interested in watching the games today.

Comment

How do Scots living in the USA get access to tomorrow's game? Norway v N Ireland is on ESPN, with NI needing a point to be sure that Greece cannot catch them in the play-off race.

Wales v ROI's (apparent) absence from ESPN is even more of a gaffe; there must be a lot of interest in that game.

Comment

Fox Sports 2, Fox Deportes and Fox on-line

ESPN does not have rights to all of the qualifiers, though I don't fully understand how they are split with Fox.

Comment

For none of which I have a subscription, although if I were Scots or Welsh I would obviously get one

Comment

Working...
                                                    X