No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All over in Hamburg who lose 0-2 to Fizzy Dental Nightmare Leipzig.

Comment

Motta gets a fifth, and PSG win 1-5. Celtic win 1-4 after a late goal from Gogic.

Comment

Is Griffiths out for the PSG almost certain Shitquake?

Comment

No, he can play.

Comment

It's only 6.7 on the skidmark scale so.

Comment

Is there a bigger waste of human brain-power than that expended by millions, notably those in front of a camera, in trying to forecast the absolutely unforecastable? Every second of every game ever played, ever, and that of every game to ever be played = totally unique. Cannot be predicted.

Comment

Ok, apart from that (Otamendi booking for a hack on Salah...this could get serious)

Comment

These defences are funny.

Comment

Good demo, so far, of why we let Salah go - awful (if any) decision making, little or no impact on match - even when he does get the ball.

And loved Can, intently watching the curl on his free kick as if it had an earthly of curling in.

Comment

Mane red-carded for what looked like a not-unreasonable challenge for the ball...

Comment

Sky commentary team spend ages disputing Mane's red card while completely ignoring the keeper he kicked in the head lying prone, possibly even unconscious, on the ground about to be stretchered off. Fucking idiots.

Comment

Kicking someone's head off (well, he's an outfield player Brian) is just a trivial challenge to genius Neville.

Comment

It looked worse on revisiting, I'll admit - but if a goalkeeper comes out of his area to make a challenge, he's under the same conditions as his attacking opponent. (He should be anywhere really, but that's another argument entirely.) Doubt anyone'll agree, but a yellow for me.

City go two up and the game, as a competitive spectacle at least, is over.

Comment

It was a horrible coming together, but to be honest I was fairly surprised the ref went to his pocket at all. A red was just silly.
                              Hope Ederson is OK.

Comment

Having a lie in was the right choice so.

Comment

Funnily enough, you're not actually allowed to kick outfield player's heads off either. The proof of how dangerous a challenge it actually was (that's all it has to be, dangerous) is probably on it's way to hospital right now.

Comment

I dunno, I don't really see how that's not a red. At the ver least it was reckless and with his foot at head height. It wasn't malicious but it was ugly

Comment

Good news, bad news for Klopp. Bad news Mane is off, good news Bravo is on.

Further bad news for Klopp, he's a twat.

Who's his mini me behind him on the bench? Is it his son? Little brother? The Huddersfield manager?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                        It looked worse on revisiting, I'll admit - but if a goalkeeper comes out of his area to make a challenge, he's under the same conditions as his attacking opponent. (He should be anywhere really, but that's another argument entirely.) Doubt anyone'll agree, but a yellow for me.

City go two up and the game, as a competitive spectacle at least, is over.
                                        Mane had both feet well off the ground while Ederson still has one foot planted firmly on terra firma. Two conditions are nowhere near the same.

Comment

'Funnily enough' players can suffer injury from fair but robust challenges. Mane was clearly going for the ball - his lack of caution deserved him a booking perhaps. (Oddly, the professionals appear to agree...)

I don't think it was a 'good' challenge at all, but nor do I think it was a red.
                                          Last edited by Jah Womble; 09-09-2017, 12:33.

Comment

It was a clear red card. It was a flying kick to the head, like off of the Karate Kid. All this "he was looking at the ball" bollocks. Arsed. Mane was flying through the air with his studs up. Reminds me of the Nani challenge v Bayern in the Champions League a few years back. You can't do that shit. I'm not bothered if Mane's eyes were on the ball, his feet were on the keeper's fucking chin.

Comment

'A flying kick to the head like Karate Kid'.

This place cracks me up sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                                I'm not bothered if Mane's eyes were on the ball, his feet were on the keeper's fucking chin.
                                                In one.

Comment

Reckless plus excessive force equals red card in the laws.

Comment

A video cap of the challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X