The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
    What a lovely traditional kit AS Roma are wearing at Chelsea.
    I thought that too, in fact I had to check the teams to make sure it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
      Besiktas down to 10 after 15.
      They nearly made it to half time without conceding. Beşiktaş have caused Bayern a lot of problems despite being down to ten.

Comment

Finally Willian gets one.

Comment

And looks like Besiktas have been buried.

Comment

Whoops!

Comment

Didn't see the game but reports suggest a Chelsea error got Barcelona out of jail there.

Comment

This is looking like another trademark bore the pants off you Man Utd game,at least Pogba is on the pitch (for an early Herrera injury) so we're spared endless shots of him looking moody on the bench

Comment

Whistle after whistle. Who needs this shit.

Comment

Hell of a bloody save from de Gea.

Comment

Bloody hell, that was a textbook free kick there by Fred. Over the wall (where everyone jumped), under the bar, by the near post. Perfectly shot.

Comment

Astounding goal line clearance from Roma in the dying moments there, kept the tie alive.

Didn’t really see much of either game but it appears to have been the one to have watched, Man U really are the death of football.

Comment

The game in Seville was actually pretty entertaining; lots of end-to-end stuff. It was not your standard 0-0. But, goodness, neither side knew how to score. Though without de Gea, Man Utd would face a deficit of two or three goals.

Our feed had Garry Birtles co-commentating. He got really upset about Seville's Nzonsi getting a yellow card for going on Sanchez with his leg raised, studs up. Sanchez also had his leg raised with studs up but pulled out of the challenge by turning, so Nzonsi connected with Sanchez's thigh. It was a perfectly defensible yellow card. But like an old man in the pub railing against Polish plumbers stealing English jobs, Birtles' commentary basically consisted of yellow cards that had to be awarded but weren't.
                          Last edited by G-Man; 22-02-2018, 11:14.

Comment

I'm no Man Utd-apologist, but most other British teams taking home that result would likely have received at least low-end props.

Not that it held my attention for long.

Comment

Franchise Leipzig 0 Napoli 1 at half time. Napoli still need two more goals but could do it.

I'm surprised at how big, full and noisy the stadium is.

Comment

There's been some awesome notdefending by notSteaua in Rome

Comment

So, Celtic are probably doing our out-on-our-arse-in-February thing, which is a nice change, but Zenit are fucking mince, so is actually more annoying.

Comment

Fuck sake. 10 years since last past February for a Scottish team
                                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 22-02-2018, 19:47.

Comment

I don't actually care so much. Battered by Bayern? fine. Hammered by Honved? sure...(ok in 1952, maybe).

But getting beat by a bag o' shite (c someone or other) is not cool. But it shows the usual faults: no brains, no width and no fucking Paul McStay. (Scott Brown has his uses, but is even more sideways than Murdo McCrab.)

Ach well. I well settle for a red card. For THEM.

Comment

Celtic are the first ever, rugby union-playing, soccer team: every time they have the ball, they have to pass it backwards.

Comment

(I apologise to "Kimmy" who just appeared on a TV commercial for 'match.com', and I let forth a stream of invective which may have scared the woodpeckers. You are NOT a right-wing, see-through blouse-wearing bimbo, who is trying to trap someone poor sap into becoming Alabama's version of Sarah Palin, so I apologise.)

Comment

To ease my "Celtic are shit" pain, I am watching Arsenal... and suddenly Seymour Ostersund have scored 2 in a minute.

Ik ben een fucking jinx.

Comment

nobody watching the Arsenal game then?

Comment

I am watching the Dortmund game. I am not pleased.

Comment

Atalanta v Dortmund here too. BvB aren't looking great.

Comment

It was v. funny when Arsenal were 0-2 down at half-time, but they scored just after the break. It's gone from grisly and funny to just dull.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X