No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Bet365 usually sponsor the Ludogorets shirts, or is it a one-off cos they’re playing Milan?

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate les bleus View Post
      Salah isn’t the best player I’ve ever seen wearing a Liverpool shirt, but bloody hell he’s a joy to watch. I just hope he can stay fit all season and get to 40 goals - that would be quite something.
      He has better technique than anyone I’ve seen play for Liverpool. His close control is just amazing. Suarez always seemed on the edge of miscontrolling and fucking up, Salah just seems effortless , a grace to his play. Dalglish and Barnes will always be best for me, but those were different times, just like Lou Reed said.

The prannets who still see that frowning no forehead Hollywood pass half a midfielder bastard as the best ever, there’s no hope for them.
      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 15-02-2018, 23:57. Reason: All those poets, they studied rules of verse, and those ladies, they rolled their eyes!

Comment

So this Napoli stadium hasn‘t had a lick of paint or a nail banged in since Italia 90, right?

Cracking game earlier between Dortmund and Atalanta. Götze and Schürrle suddenly playing like it‘s 2014.

Comment

Correct

And not unique among the grounds used for that tournament

Comment

Napoli - CED Leipzig

I have just become even more convinced that there is no God.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
              He has better technique than anyone I’ve seen play for Liverpool. His close control is just amazing. Suarez always seemed on the edge of miscontrolling and fucking up, Salah just seems effortless , a grace to his play. Dalglish and Barnes will always be best for me, but those were different times, just like Lou agreed said.

The prannets who still see that frowning no forehead Hollywood pass half a midfielder bastard as the best ever, there’s no hope for them.
              Listening to R5 on the way home from the ice hockey last night (my ten year old wanted to know what had happened in the CL games) they were trailing one of those banal phone-ins with the question being “Who would you have in your team: Salah or Kane?”.

I will admit to being sucked in enough to wonder how dead inside one would have to be to choose Kane.

Comment

It God wanted Napoli to actually want to win this tie, they never got the message

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                  Suarez always seemed on the edge of miscontrolling and fucking up,
                  And that was a big part of his genius, it seemed like no one, even him, knew what he was about to do, which made him really difficult to tackle. I mean, how do you cope with someone whose next move might be a curling shot, a savage bite or shoving his index finger up your hole?

In other televised football news, I enjoyed seeing Celtic do like Real Madrid and leave their patchy league form behind them tonight.

Comment

I'd like to make Mo Salah a cuppa. I don't eat biscuits though, should I buy some in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      Listening to R5 on the way home from the ice hockey last night (my ten year old wanted to know what had happened in the CL games) they were trailing one of those banal phone-ins with the question being “Who would you have in your team: Salah or Kane?”.

I will admit to being sucked in enough to wonder how dead inside one would have to be to choose Kane.
                      Surely it depends on what kind of team you have, and how you play. You can build pretty much any tactical formation off a line leading forward like Kane. I don't know if Salah would be half as good in a team where he wasn't part of that particular front three, or in a team that played in a similar way. He'd be a goal every five game wonder under jose mourinho. (that's not a criticism of Salah, he's clearly in the right place at the right time.)

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                        So this Napoli stadium hasn‘t had a lick of paint or a nail banged in since Italia 90, right?

Cracking game earlier between Dortmund and Atalanta. Götze and Schürrle suddenly playing like it‘s 2014.
                        Given what we now know (and knew at the time) about the italian construction business, and in particular the concrete end of it, back in the late 1980's, I'm really really impressed that those Stadia are still standing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                          Surely it depends on what kind of team you have, and how you play. You can build pretty much any tactical formation off a line leading forward like Kane. I don't know if Salah would be half as good in a team where he wasn't part of that particular front three, or in a team that played in a similar way. He'd be a goal every five game wonder under jose mourinho. (that's not a criticism of Salah, he's clearly in the right place at the right time.)
                          I don’t think of this particular question in terms of that dry a tactical analysis though, more of ‘Who would you rather pay to watch?’ and it certainly wouldn’t be Kane, effective though he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                            I'd like to make Mo Salah a cuppa. I don't eat biscuits though, should I buy some in?
                            These look braw

http://cleobuttera.com/middle-easter...k-eid-cookies/

Comment

I think if Salah and Kane swapped clubs, I wouldn't guarantee that Kane would be more effective at Liverpool than Salah would be at Spurs. Also Kane has had longer to develop in the Spurs mould whereas Salah has hit the ground running at Anfield.

Presumably Kane also has a higher price tag (maybe also higher wage?) so value for money would be in Salah's favour.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                It God wanted Napoli to actually want to win this tie, they never got the message
                                God probably didn't show up, along with most Neapolitans. Though I hate admitting it Franchise Leipzig are a fun team to watch. It's a real pity they are who they are.

Comment

It’s a very Neapolitan story.

The gang swears a blood oath to stay together for one last assault on the only title that matters to the city, for it this only one that affords them a flaming staff to plunge in the eyes of every other city in Italy that considers them to be sub-human. The fact that the only remaining rival is the personification of everything that they despise most deeply just makes the story better.

Anything else is a distraction, and all distractions must be shed as quickly as possible.

The run in is going to be epic.

Comment

With RB Salzburg in a good position to proceed to the next round, UEFA better start to heat balls for the next-round draw to keep them and Franchise Leipzig apart.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                      . He'd be a goal every five game wonder under jose mourinho.
                                      He has played under Mourinho. And the general consensus then was that he was shit not shit hot.

It's a combination of the right player in the right system with the right tactics. Confidence and momentum do the rest. Same with Kane. Same with any shit hot striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                        I'm biased of course, but until Salah (who, like most others, I admire greatly) can boast the kind of season-on-season PL record of Kane, then I'm happy to be remain 'dead inside'.

Not that the speculation, or indeed that comment itself, really deserve a serious response.

Comment

While watching Hertha crap the bed at home to Mainz, the hoardings inform me that there are more than 350 Woolworth stores in Germany.

Comment

We have nothing to play for but the cup and mark that fact by putting out what would appear to be the worst possible team available

Comment

It’s not the first time I’ve seen it in action but I still can’t get over how crap that Wednesday kit is. The presence of Boyd makes it seem even more Peterborough.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                                With RB Salzburg in a good position to proceed to the next round, UEFA better start to heat balls for the next-round draw to keep them and Franchise Leipzig apart.
                                                Mozart v Bach

Comment

Watching BT Sport Score, because clearly I have no self respect. Has Chris Sutton always been such an objectionable prick or is it just for TV?

Comment

I remember him refusing to play for England B becaus he thought it beneath him so I’m going with “always”.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X