No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, sure, those games - Striker, Big League, etc - were just toys, really. Built to snap.

There didn't appear to be (m)any rules, either. Subbuteo was king - we all know that.

Comment

I never supported Liverpool, but I always wanted that ... number 11*, team. Might have been 42... one had different colour of socks.

Anyway, my older brother got them. And he was really good at Subbuteo. The brother above me, could get close, but I was 8. And fucking devious.

Let's just say that that was the biggest kicking I ever had.

*Celtic were 25. You do the maths/arithmetic.

Comment

Do Liverpool think they are Barcelona?

Comment

(Aaaaand another dive from Firmino...
          The one in the box where the defender had an arm round his throat, or the one on the half way line when he was chopped down from behind?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
            The one in the box where the defender had an arm round his throat, or the one on the half way line when he was chopped down from behind?
            I think it was one of those that none of the officials deemed even close to being an infringement - they being impartial and all. (Nor seemingly did any of Firmino's team mates, it appears...)

But, you know, I was indulging in a little sledgehammer irony there. Like I - or anyone else - would in these circumstances.

Comment

Shit, sorry. My bad. Was using Spurs rules.

Comment

We don't make 'em, bro'. Nor do your boys, surprisingly.

But then I guess 'playing the full ninety minutes' isn't really a 'rule' as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                  Oh, Southampton are wearing 1980 shirts of bald headed guy Stuart Armstrong.

Fuck you Liverpool.
                  Should be David, Stuart was his second cousin. You're on a roll, Gero.

I don’t really know if Stuart & Dave are related.
                  Last edited by Cal Alamein; 11-02-2018, 18:50.

Comment

(Martin Tyler on Sky: "Chelsea vs West Brom - earlier in the season you'd have been forgiven for thinking that game a formality..." Must've been pretty bloody early, then, given that they lost at home to Burnley on the very first day.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                      Should be David, Stuart was his second cousin. You're on a roll, Gero.

I don’t really know if Stuart & Dave are related.
                      Thanks Cal. He, indeed, was the one I was projecting upon.

Hope he is well.

Comment

Spurs fans and Liverpool fans: two sets of bald men fighting over ... something which Arsenal fans are about to forget.

Relevance.

Comment

Thanks Cal. He, indeed, was the one I was projecting upon.

Hope he is well.

Comment

Running a business to business stationery firm half a mile from St Mary's last I heard

Comment

A wonderfully skillful engine in the Keegan era team.

(ex Middlesborough?)

Comment

A wonderfully skillful engine in the Keegan era team.

(ex Middlesborough?)
                                Yep. Boro to Saints and then finished at Bournemouth which was the retirement home for ex Saints of the time.

Comment

I used to live in Bournemouth. I know.

Comment

Bournemouth strikes me as a retirement home, like, 'generally'.

Comment

Armstrong initially signed for Wednesday in the summer of 1987. He then decided that he wanted to be closer than Sheffield to wherever his son was at university (wonder what his son thought of that?) We agreed to rip up his contract and he went to Bournemouth instead.

Comment

The advertising boards at Newcastle look like they're from a BDG cartoon ("FLANNELS")

Comment

According to the commentator on MOTD2, that wasn't really a foul by Valencia on Atsu because Valencia raised his foot "instinctively".

Got to try that next time I'm in trouble. "I did it instinctively, officer."

Comment

To be fair I always lift my foot to round head-level instinctively. I'm sure you're the same.

Comment

Those orange Liverpool shirts are kind of toxic looking

Comment

The Southampton central defence didn't have a great day, two sharp finishes though

Comment

Charlie Adam missed a penalty, was too slow to tap away the easy rebound, and ultimately came closest to scoring directly from the subsequent corner.

Comment

Liverpool often give the opposition enough chances to cancel out the lead but the opposition has to be good enough to take them.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X