Superb goals in the 2017/18 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superb goals in the 2017/18 season

Thread for us to share and enjoy glorious goals that you otherwise may not have noticed.

Let's try and keep it on-topic and have it for this season.

I shall start with Kemar Lawrence, for Jamaica v Mexico in the Gold Cup semi-final. Only a winning goal, and a shock result, to boot.

You like a free-kick? How about Cristian Ganea, Viitorul Constanța 1-0 APOEL Nicosia CL qualifying, 26/07/2017.

I can even forgive the goalie's squad number.

Well worth watching through for all of the replays. Tournoi-esque.

(Oh, and being able to insert videos. It needs saying again, snake plissen, you are a hero).

Comment

Another free kick, from last night's CL qualifier where Hagi's Viitorul Constanta beat APOEL 1-0 thanks to this

Bollocks beaten to it. Still watch it again everyone

Comment

Great minds, ad hoc, great minds.

Comment

Goal from 70 metres by Holstein Kiel (newly-promoted to the 2. Bundesliga) against HSV in their 5-3 pre-season win.

Comment

Bruno Henrique for Santos last night against Flamengo in the Copa do Brasil. Santos won 4-2 but Flamengo go through to the semi-finals on away goals.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aAfIbN1iLFg

* Can someone advise an incompetent like me how you get to show a screenshot instead of just the link?
            Last edited by cantagalo; 27-07-2017, 11:13.

Comment

cantagalo's link, embedded-a-go-go.

Last edited by Furtho; 27-07-2017, 11:31.

Comment

Tiago Alves for Shimizu S-Pulse vs Sagan Tosu.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryvbas Gripper Rih View Post
                  Thread for us to share and enjoy glorious goals that you otherwise may not have noticed.

Let's try and keep it on-topic and have it for this season.

I shall start with Kemar Lawrence, for Jamaica v Mexico in the Gold Cup semi-final. Only a winning goal, and a shock result, to boot.

Seeing a Jamaica player with the name 'Lowe' on his jersey made me think "Oh, is Onandi Lowe still playing?". Turns out it's Damion Lowe, Onandi's son. Christ, I'm old.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                    * Can someone advise an incompetent like me how you get to show a screenshot instead of just the link?
                    When the reply box appears, click on the picture that looks like a filmstrip to be able to insert a video link. Paste the URL where it says to but remove the S from the HTTPS at the start and if necessary replace the m. with www.

Comment

Rivaldinho for Dinamo Bucuresti

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                        When the reply box appears, click on the picture that looks like a filmstrip to be able to insert a video link. Paste the URL where it says to but remove the S from the HTTPS at the start and if necessary replace the m. with www.
                        Thanks! That sounds quite complicated so I don't feel so stupid now.

I shall wait for a golaço and give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          Rivaldinho for Dinamo Bucuresti

Blimey, he never did anything like that in Brazil (though he did once score in the same game as his father playing for Mogi Mirim). I'm puzzled how, after 35 games in 3 years for very minor clubs he managed to get himself a move to Dinamo Bucuresti. Though, if that video is anything to go by, they've made a very smart purchase.

Comment

Just so this thread doesn't get forgotten, here's the best goal of the weekend from Brazil. Rodriguinho for Corinthians, who have now completed the first half of the season undefeated and are 8 points clear at the top.

Thanks 3CR. As you can see, your advice worked.

Comment

Vinícius Júnior scored his first league goals for Flamengo last night. (He'd previously scored in the Copa Sul-americana).

I think we can safely say that the lad has some pace.

And here's his second.

Last edited by cantagalo; 20-08-2017, 22:15.

Comment

Scottish football is rubbish, says pundits.

Greg Docherty's assist.

Comment

Ropey as fuck anything defensively by Hibs, but well exploited by Hamilton. What was the left side centre-back doing joining two others in closing down the player on the edge of the box when that meant leaving his man completely free??

Comment

That Accies change kit is shocking.

Comment

Mertens:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBmozwr1cLI

Comment

Ignacio Scocco - yes, that one - has been having a slightly better time since he returned to his homeland from Sunderland. On Sunday he scored a lovely free kick to put River Plate 1-0 up, and a few minutes later he did this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                          The loop is from the deflection it takes off the left thigh/knee area of the defender who tries to close it down (#21). Very dubious the shot goes in without that, and it certainly doesn't rise so high or dip so quickly without the topspin gained by the glancing blow. See also Andre Schurrle's winner at Cologne this Sunday.

Comment

Bah. Well spotted though!

Comment

Working...
                                            X