No announcement yet.

The Notorious BRC - Scottish Fitba 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangers are so far behind Celtic in ability and effort it is embarrassing. But for the goalkeeper it would have been double figures by now and the way Rangers defend it still might be.

Comment

Heh, one of those games where the gers must seriously wonder if starting up the club again was worth the effort

Comment

Russell Martin's loanee performances for Rangers make me even more angry with whoever at Norwich gave him a spanking new long contract last summer. He's a genuinely decent guy but he hasn't played well for a long long time now.

He will fit into the Gerrard running around ethic though.

Comment

Surprised to read in the paper that it's the first time since '79 that Celtic have won the league in an Old Firm game.

Comment

https://twitter.com/usasoccerguy/status/990555322099093504

And no OF since 2012, Diablo.

Comment

What is the Rangers business plan right now? Hope for a very wealthy sugar daddy?

Comment

Potential banana skins for a Timmy Euro Title bid already lining up:

Víkingur Far 3.000
                Crusaders Nir 3.0
                Sutjeska Niksic Mon 2.500
                Suduva Marijampole Lit 2.000
                Cork City Irl 1.750
                Spartaks Jurmala Lat 1.750
                Valur Reykjavik Isl 1.650
                Flora Tallinn Est 1.250
                Torpedo Kutaisi Geo 1.000

(but not OTF faves Croesoswalt- the tiresomely noxious Salopians have got themselves seeded)

Thanks to Bert Kassies

Comment

If the Championship play offs go with the form book and Arbroath stay in league One, all 4 Angus clubs will be in the same division for the 1st time in 25 years. 12 derby games a season!

Comment

Brechin Bad made it 0 (zero) league wins for the season, getting humped 5-1 at home by Queens of the Stone Age. I know the divide between part and full time falls near the bottom of the championship and is hard to bridge, but jings, that is still a poor show.

Comment

It really was a historically awful season from the hedge-dwellers; you have to go back to the really early days of the Scottish League to find a comparably poor record (such as Abercorn finishing with a 1-1-16 record in 1897, or Vale of Leven being 0-5-17 in 1892).

Even when Third Lanark were being deliberately run into the ground prior to their liquidation they still managed to win 3 games in their final season in division one, and a dozen or so games in each season in the second tier.
                      Last edited by blameless; 30-04-2018, 13:13.

Comment

The cuckolded Graeme Murty finally reaches the end of his tether and walks: *UPDATE - Statement from Ibrox saying he was sacked.
                        https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43961178
                        The poor bastard really has been treated very shabbily indeed. * This still applies.
                        Last edited by The Red Max; 01-05-2018, 12:10.

Comment

This post from a Motherwell fan on P&B sums it up perfectly:

Scottish Football is full of tinpot as we know - but I'm struggling to see how a club can be run this badly - it's genuinely staggering. There is nothing you could point to at Ibrox and say it's done well (apart from the Loving Cup, we'll always have the Loving Cup).

Even the laughable husk of a club that emerged from the wreckage of the actual Rangers has huge advantages over every other club in the country bar one, and to singularly fail to capitalise on any of them goes beyond the mere incompetence that all our clubs have subjected us to at times over the years.

I thought mid-90's Celtic before McCann came in was the absolute gold standard in letting your club being run by actual cretins - but the current setup at Ibrox makes them look like a model of competence. The only difference is that in those days, some folk cared about saving Celtic from the grubber - Rangers supporters clearly don't give a f**k.

Comment

Firing a youth development coach and bringing in an under 18s coach with less experience and a whole load of baggage, fucking madness. McAllister is a fool getting involved too. He won’t get credit if he manages to get some kind of tactics together, and he’ll be a lightning rod when the wheels inevitably come off.
                            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-05-2018, 19:50.

Comment

I’m always amazed that King Cretin Michael Kelly can still freely move about Glasgow, far less his continued media declarations against devolution, let alone independence. And he’s often bleating about McCann stealing “his” club as well. Unbelievable gall from King Biscuit Tin. But yeah, they’ve nothing on King and pals. AMMS (whither he?) poo-pooed me when I questioned whether King and the lads were actually investing money into the club. A few years on I wouldn’t fancy their chances of making it through the next two seasons without another Administration event. Have they made any of the necessary repairs to Ibrox yet?

Comment

I wish AMMS was still on here, a big loss. I'm sure he'd now be slaughtering dodgy Dave King.

Comment

Stevie G to Ibrox confirmed. I've got the feeling this is not going to end well...

Comment

Comment

KERCHING!!!! That'll get the season ticket money rolling in.

Comment

Will Gerrard play a few games as well as coaching?

Comment

He does look Huntastic in that pic. Maybe he’ll go Full UVF like Butcher Roberts and Goram.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                            When he gives that squad a once over he may be forced to .

Comment

Those seats behind the goal look as faded as Starks Park.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                Originally posted by torres View Post
                                                When he gives that squad a once over he may be forced to.
                                                Watching Rangers today, yes they do appear to have some issues. They have just scored halfway through the first half at Hibs, but that just brought the score back to 3-1. Wildly open game with about the right score line so far.

Comment

And as I type, it's now 3-2.

Comment

And Hibs should be down to 10 men, but the ref bottled it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X