Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We don't really do wreaths at the club gates but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... one of our best ever players died yesterday, who won't mean anything to hardly anyone here but I felt like recording it anyway.

http://www.leytonorient.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10439~1384275,00.html

there was an orient fan at a bridport game last season who was doing a bit of groundhopping - orient were up at darlo on the sunday. he claimed not to have missed an orient game since 1974. big fellow with glasses he was.

Comment

You may not do wreaths but I see you're naming a stand after him.

Comment

Sad to hear of the passing of the great Error Page.

(Seriously, what's his name?)

Comment

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
          Sad to hear of the passing of the great Error Page.

(Seriously, what's his name?)
          I felt it too irreverant to point this out, nor the picture of Fabio Capello that initially appeared on it.

Hopefully I can make reparations by posting a working link

Comment

Oops. Typical Orient.

Anyway, Tommy Johnston: scored 130-odd goals in 170-odd games for us in the mid-to-late Fifties, one of the better periods in our history.

Comment

That's some goalscoring ratio. R.I.P.

Certainly puts the achievements of Super Tommy Johnson at Villa, Celtic, Derby etc into perspective

Comment

Sad to hear of a passing of a hero. Anyone's hero, it's always sad. I'll be quite saddened, one day, when Ian Rush joins the assorted choir of great Welsh footballers in the sky, and very few young Liverpool fans I meet nowadays, brought up on their diet of Stevie, Jamie and "God", even remember him.

I'd advise against the statue outside the ground, though. Preston's one of Tom Finney (who's not even deceased, yet) outside Deepdale always make me think that he's been eating in one of the town's curry houses and is suffering an uncomfortably explosive moment of Gungha Din's revenge, every time I drive past it.

Comment

There's no room for statues outside the ground (Bazza Hearn would reason you could build two blocks of flats on the space taken up by a statue), so no danger of that.

Comment

Working...
                  X