A Design For Strife - Kit Gallery 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well lordy. Liverpool have pulled one out of the bag.

Comment

That's a shocker. Their kits have been rancid since they left Adidas.

Comment

Greenock Morton Away

Ah'm sayin' nothin...

Comment

Vulgarian Visigoth wrote: That's a shocker. Their kits have been rancid since they left Adidas.
          As it happens, I don't think that one's too bad. Reminds me a little of an old Forest shirt, I think.

Comment

evilC wrote:
            Originally posted by Vulgarian Visigoth
            That's a shocker. Their kits have been rancid since they left Adidas.
            As it happens, I don't think that one's too bad. Reminds me a little of an old Forest shirt, I think.
            No, actually I think it's quite good myself. I meant it's shocking they finally have a decent kit given their recent form.

Comment

Take the sponsor's logo off it and that is wonderful. Much as it pains me to say that about a Liverpool kit, obviously.

And I'll join the chorus pointing out* that that was quite an ... unorthodox use of 'shocker' from VV.

*Well okay, evilC implied it more than pointed it out.

Comment

That new owl must have been nicked from the old Clash of the Titans film:

[/quote]
                Going back to the Sheffield Wednesday one, I'm reminded of the owl used by Hitachino Nest Beer

Comment

Mm...great beer. I bought a bottle of Hitachino Nest white ale ahead of time to celebrate Obama's victory in 2008. I still remember that.

Comment

A question (from someone too lazy to look up the answer themselves) :

Are clubs *obliged* to have a sponsor (on their shirt)?

Comment

No - West Brom went sponsorless a few seasons back.

Comment

As has been pointed out on the Barton thread, my lot were so unattractive to sponsors a few years back that they offered sponsorship on a month-by-month basis or for a couple of matches. The club managed to spin this idea as 'innovative'. At least you could buy a sponsor-free shirt for a while but it caused completist collectors some angst as you could also buy the shirt with each of the sponsors on it through the season. Then the pawnbrokers came along.

Comment

The Red Max wrote: Greenock Morton Away

Ah'm sayin' nothin...
                          That's almost a cliche for Morton nowadays. They break out the shortbreid tin look every dozen years or so:

1993:

1994:

2005:

Comment

Are they being surreptitiously sponsored by dentists?

Comment

I presumed the Morton kits were an explicit nod to the nineties shirts, perhaps even celebrating some kid of anniversary. What is the first kit next season?

Comment

Rumoured Liverpool change.

Whatever happened to just having your main shirt with colours changed/reversed?

For me that was the pinnacle of kittage, specifically the Watford/Umbro/SDolvite shirts.

Comment

Chesterfield appear to have gone down precisely this route.

Comment

The-Reverend wrote: Whatever happened to just having your main shirt with colours changed/reversed?
                                    That's actually one of the benefits of having a template kit - our change shirt is just the same design but green:

Comment

You don't have to have a template for a reversed pair of kits. To my knowledge nobody shared Wimbledon's designs this season (though it probably helps that Admiral is a small manufacturer) :

The worry is that the yellow version will be demoted to third kit next season so a new change outfit may not match.

Comment

Incandenza wrote: I bought a bottle of Hitachino Nest white ale ahead of time to celebrate Obama's victory in 2008.
                                        Careful. Comments like this gave us Trump.

Comment

longeared wrote: Chesterfield appear to have gone down precisely this route.

So clearly these are the toddler designs?

What do Tomlinson do BTW, group storytelling?

Comment

Construction.

The board's distortion of photos doesn't help, but the logo is three guys in hard hats and suits consulting a blueprint.

Comment

The-Reverend wrote: Whatever happened to just having your main shirt with colours changed/reversed?

For me that was the pinnacle of kittage, specifically the Watford/Umbro/SDolvite shirts.
                                              That's my favourite philosophy too, though obviously not for Arsenal/Blackburn/striped clubs.

Point of info on Watford though - wasn't their away in the Umbro days a white version of the home with black shorts/socks (which doubled as home change sets) rather than being a strict reversal?

Red or black versions of the home would have looked well though, I think I'll have to mock them up later.

Comment

Yup

Comment

A great set of kits.

If anyone wants more Umbro nostalgia, here's a piece I've just published on the Hampden goalkeeper design.

Comment

Interesting piece Dennis, I enjoyed that.

Have you done a piece on the Uhlsport Jeresy sported by Shilton and Burridge amongst others?

Got an interesting history, as Influence ripped it off for Jan Stejskal

And for Steve Pears

And also (date unknown) created their own bespoke version for him

He loved it that much that when he switched to Sondico, he just stitched a Sondico badge over the Uhlsport branding.

It was the 544 Jersey and also came ion Blue and Grey if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X