• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Design For Strife - Kit Gallery 2017/18

Don't like the shirt BTW.

Comment

Bet they didn't pay Peter Gabriel anything like as much.

Comment

Sits wrote: How long have they had that badge with a quite fetching owl? I only remember this one:
        That new owl must have been nicked from the old Clash of the Titans film:

Comment

The badge changed midway through last season - because they could, basically. There's a thread on it here.

Comment

Returning to the sleeve sponsor issue, the scuttlebutt in kit obsessive circles is that they are looking to do a league wide deal, somewhat like the one the Bundesliga has with the Hermes logistics group

One challenge here will be finding a firm that does not conflict with at least one of at least one of the clubs' existing "partners".

Comment

The thought is that the "big" clubs would be willing to throw the "smaller" ones a bone in this particular case.

Comment

Manchester City announced a deal last week for Nexen Tire to be their sleeve sponsor.

Comment

So much for scuttlebutt.

Comment

longeared wrote: Manchester City announced a deal last week for Nexen Tire to be their sleeve sponsor.
                    There are sleeve sponsors? I obviously haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Comment

Magic. A replica of my bestest Chelsea shirt, 87-89. Just needs a Commodore sponsorship.

Comment

Talk about the Museum of Jerseys' midweek mashups... Denis has gone and done some artwork for dalliance:

https://beyondthelastman.com/2017/04/12/it-used-to-be-all-umbro-round-here/

Comment

Cesar Rodriguez wrote: Magic. A replica of my bestest Chelsea shirt, 87-89. Just needs a Commodore sponsorship.
                            Heh. I've seen worse, but the home shirt looks somewhat less attractive in close up.

Taking of worse, the tangerine and graphite monstrosity springs to mind of course which also appears to be making a comeback. Some wag in the Shed End has got a flag in those colours with the Bates-era prancing pussy badge in the centre. Well, I assume it's a flag and not the remnant of an XXXXXXXXXL shirt

Comment

Kevin S wrote: Talk about the Museum of Jerseys' midweek mashups... Denis has gone and done some artwork for dalliance:

https://beyondthelastman.com/2017/04/12/it-used-to-be-all-umbro-round-here/
                              Good stuff that, and the last one reminds me that when I'm back in England I really might have to shell out for one of these beautiful Karl Marx-Stadt tops from Copa (and on searching for the image, I see dalliance has provided the product descriptions on the Copa website, so congratulations on that gig dalliance!).

They've got a gorgeous zip top as well, which would be more managerly (one or two of you will remember I have a very long-running, albeit currently dormant, Football Manager career going with Chemnitz, which has resulted in their real life iteration becoming the closest thing I have to a German club I care about), but I'm not sure that shade of blue would entirely suit me as a long-sleeved thing.

Comment

Wednesday had one of their periodic fan steering group meetings last night - one of the things learnt was that the home kit next season will be blue with white sleeves, and the club will manufacture it themselves. There is a historical precedent here, we wore this design in the late 60s / early 70s.

Comment

Roma made their own kit and training gear a couple of seasons ago, due to some contractual foul up. It was striking, albeit unsurprising, how much nicer it all was without being festooned with multiple Kappa logos or whatever. They slightly reduced the desirability factor of the polos and tees by using weird vinyl badges rather than embroidered ones though.

Comment

longeared wrote: Wednesday had one of their periodic fan steering group meetings last night - one of the things learnt was that the home kit next season will be blue with white sleeves, and the club will manufacture it themselves. There is a historical precedent here, we wore this design in the late 60s / early 70s.

Given my age that was the first Wednesday shirt I can recall and, therefore, their "proper" one.

Comment

Ditto.

Comment

Crap teaser for next year's 125-year anniversary NUFC kit.

I'm not that arsed tbh - Puma are shite and NUFC are pricks anyway - but am mildly excited by the internet tittle-tattle that confirms we'll have red numbers for the first time in donkey's years, which is both traditional, and allows for stripes on the back of the shirt.

Comment

Would be great if they could also add a little traditional touch to the shirt sponsor by having BLENKINSOPP & SON'S PAWNBROKERS.

Comment

Well the scuttlebutt on that is that Wonga's replacement is going to be Sports Direct, so perhaps Childcrusher And Sons Amalgamated Cotton might be more appropriate.

Comment

Public vote for Dulwich Hamlet's new kit.

I went for option 1, even though Option 2 has more pink in it which is in it's favour.

You would hope the sponsor's logo ends up in yellow on pink/blue rather than in a box on the finished kits, mind.

Comment

I agree. I like a good sash on a kit.

And did we ever get the result of the public vote on the Partick Thistle kit?

Comment

dogbeak wrote: Crap teaser for next year's 125-year anniversary NUFC kit.

I'm not that arsed tbh - Puma are shite and NUFC are pricks anyway - but am mildly excited by the internet tittle-tattle that confirms we'll have red numbers for the first time in donkey's years, which is both traditional, and allows for stripes on the back of the shirt.
                                                  Wow, the badge on that shirt looks like a really nasty iron on transfer jobbie.

Comment

Capybara wrote:

And did we ever get the result of the public vote on the Partick Thistle kit?
                                                    No, I think I've checked for results once or twice a day since the poll closed the week before Xmas and still lie awake at nights worrying about it.

I fear The Man is going to shaft us on that one.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X