Sheffield United fans bill Sky TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheffield United fans are going to bill Sky TV for moving their Easter bank holiday clash to a Wednesday. The match has been moved from a 3pm Monday kick off to a 7.45pm kick off on the Wednesday. The bill they are sending is for air fares, train fares, coach bookings, hotels, B&B's and concert tickets booked in the Southend area for the game (one couple bought tickets for a Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott gig at the Cliffs Pavilion in Southend).

It won't work, but I wish them luck. Sky are constantly moving fixtures about which means supporters can't get the cheapest tickets for trains. Even when they do they find the fixture changed and they end up having to shell out for more tickets or not going at all.

A United view on football blog

As if 'Wednesday' weren't already a dirty-enough word among Blades fans, eh?

In terms of rail tickets, it'd be more realistic to try and have them changed and then bill Sky for the surcharge that rail companies impose for rearranging the journey. (Obviously some hotels offer free online cancellation up until a day or two ahead of visit, too.)

Not that it's much consolation, or will likely even work. Sky are absolute a***holes when it comes to this kind of thing.

Comment

It certainly feels more and more as if they don't care in the slightest about match-going supporters any more and don't care about the bad publicity that comes with doing this sort of thing again and again. It looks like a flexing of the muscles, to have this happening repeatedly. "We own football now."

Comment

Sky have kindly put the top-of-the-table Premiership decider between Arsenal and Leicester back to 14th February. Not only is that an inconvenient date for some, the kick-off is 12:00 which will be a real ball-ache for many to make and at only 3 weeks notice too. Leicester City FC have said that they, not Sky, will provide refunds for any tickets purchased for the original date and East Midland Trains have said that pre-booked 13th February tickets will be valid for the Sunday.

Good of the City and the train company to do that, but once again, Sky get off scot-free.

Comment

nmrfox wrote: ...the top-of-the-table Premiership decider between Arsenal and Leicester...
          As an Arsenal fan, I ought to thank you for your optimism.

...I think!

Comment

The answer is obvious; a general strike against Sky.

Comment

Market forces innit. If fans continue to open their wallets and think of England whenever Uncle Rupert comes calling nothing will change.

Comment

It has to be said that I have never had any trouble with Sky at all. Doesn't stop me from thinking they are a bunch of cunts though.

Comment

Working...
                X