• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No turkeys here: Boxing Day matchgoing thread

Shrewsbury v Fleetwood for me.

Anyone else got plans?

Guiseley away along with 1049 other Mariners in the sold out away end. My first Town game since September so really looking forward to this one. A new ground for me too so plenty of reasons to be looking forward to it.

Comment

I will be taking the pleasant drive through rural bucks and oxon to see maidenhead at Oxford city

Comment

Bloody hell, plans? Christmas is as much based around our home match against Truro as it is Star Wars on the 27th. This is mainly because it is only our second home match in a month. It is also traditionally when all the local vaguely interested types will come to a match if you prod them enough and choose the right pre-match pub.

We did get our first win in almost 2 months away to league leaders Ebbsfleet last Saturday but I don't think anyone is fooled by that. It may put a few more on the gate though.

Comment

I'm up at my parents, so I may "treat" myself to Crawley Town vs Stevenage. I haven't been to a Boxing Day match for years, I don't think.

Comment

Nothing on the Saturday, home to the landlords on the Bank Holiday Monday -

Horsham v Horsham YMCA

"Although each can trace their origins back to the nineteenth century, this is the first league clash between the two Horsham outfits."

So the weather had better behave.

Comment

Hopefully a double header of Five Islands FC v S.A.P. FC (the name stands for "Spirit, Attitude, Performance") and Cool & Smooth Empire FC v Asot Arcade Parham FC at the Antigua Recreation Ground.

I've just got to work out the logistics of getting across the island and back and get final approval from my wife.

Comment

Chelsea - Watford

Looking forward to Hiddink's second coming being ruined by an oldschool 4-4-2.

Comment

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: Hopefully a double header of Five Islands FC V S.A.P. FC (the name stands for "Spirit, Attitude, Performance") and Cool & Smooth Empire FC v Asot Arcade Parham FC at the Antigua Recreation Ground.

I've just got to work out the logistics of getting across the island and back and get final approval from my wife.

You can pop into the offices of the Antigua FA whilst you are there. They were very nice when I popped in but I did get the impression that they are the sorta guys Warner targeted with his brown envelopes.

Comment

Sash08 wrote: Chelsea - Watford

Looking forward to Hiddink's second coming being ruined by an oldschool 4-4-2.
                      Yes, I'm off to the Bridge too. I'm usually working on Boxing Day but as the public holiday is on the 28th this time around I'll be able to get to my first such game in years.

We'll lose.

Comment

Sash08 wrote:
                        Originally posted by Ray de Galles
                        Hopefully a double header of Five Islands FC V S.A.P. FC (the name stands for "Spirit, Attitude, Performance") and Cool & Smooth Empire FC v Asot Arcade Parham FC at the Antigua Recreation Ground.

You can pop into the offices of the Antigua FA whilst you are there. They were very nice when I popped in but I did get the impression that they are the sorta guys Warner targeted with his brown envelopes.
                        Yeah, I spotted that their offices were in one of the stands of the ARG. It would be nice to confirm they exist, my attempts to contact them by e-mail, Twitter and phone in advance to confirm fixture times were fruitless.

I'm hoping I can blag a badge too, obvs.

Comment

Another trip to our adopted county of Lancashire, for Accrington v Carlisle, which is an away fixture - so I believe anyway, it's hard to keep track.

Big game for both sides but hoping the fact that our game on the 28th is already postponed means that we have an edge.

Comment

If I go anywhere it will be Daisy Hill v Atherton LR.

Comment

Brentford v Brighton

Was looking forward to ending Brighton's unbeaten record but Boro got there first. 1pm kick off. Boxing Day is one of the few occasions when an early start just seems right.

Comment

As someone who is not a lover of Christmas, I've found that having a Boxing Day match to look forward to is really important to my sanity. It's definitely my favourite day of the year for watching football.

This year brings Accrington v Carlisle. Drinking bovril on an open terrace amongst the East Lancashire hills may not be the most welcoming thought to many, but I'll be as happy as if I was slurping a cocktail on a paradise island beach.

Comment

Third rate Leszno wrote: I'll be as happy as if I was slurping a cocktail on a paradise island beach.
                                  In other words if you swapped places with the suntanned Ray de Galles...

Comment

Aylesbury FC v Aylesbury United in the Evo Stick Southern League Division 1 Central.

The hosts welcome "the oldest and most successful football club in Aylesbury" .....as described on the website of the latter conveniently keeping quiet about the fact this will be the only time this season they will actually play in the town.

Comment

Bury v Barnsley

Alone.

Comment

Not football but I'm trying to persuade Mrs AE that she wants to come to see the Scarlets vs the Ospreys.

Comment

Oxford United vs Exeter City.
                                          This is usually the point in the season, if they're in the promotion places, when it all starts to go horribly wrong for Oxford and they end up ninth.

Comment

Lincoln v Halifax with my brother and father. First time we've all gone together to watch City for some time (possibly Play Off Final). Have to win this one to get some confidence prior to playing Grimsby. Fortunately, think Jordan Burrow is suspended for Halifax, so won't be netting a hat trick against us.

Comment

Rotherham United v Bolton Wanderers. A game that will almost certainly take place again next season...

Comment

I'm staying in Slovakia for Christmas, which is pleasant in every way except the lack of Boxing Day football. There is a programme of ice-hockey matches, but I suspect I won't make any of those either.

Did see Zilina 1 Poprad 4 (also ice-hockey) yesterday eve. Zilina scored after 20 seconds, but were dire for the remaining 59 mins 40 secs.

Comment

I'll be taking in Aberdeen v Inverness CT - three points will see us up to the top of the league for at least 23 hours.

There'll be a decent sized, and probably quite boozy, crowd in Pittodrie for this one.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X