footballportugal Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

footballportugal Podcast

If you're interested and enjoyed our podcast last season, this thread is just to let you know we're back. The first podcast of the new season is up and we'll be posting a new podcast every week of the season, which will hopefully be a bit closer than the last one.

The website address is:
    http://www.footballportugalpodcast.com/

Subscribe to us on iTunes with this:
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=278729751

footballportugal Podcast

Cool, you're going in my iTunes subscriptions.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Dotmund and I have been drinking mojitos for seven hours. We should probably record a podcast now.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

I forgot to add our RSS feed, which is this:
        http://www.footballportugalpodcast.com/?feed=podcast

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Hi, just had a listen for the first time,and it was thoroughly enjoyable, even though I don't know much about Portuguese football. Will definitely be tuning in as the season goes on.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Nice stuff lads, what is the music at the beginning, and what is the instrument?

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Thanks.

The song is called "Isto é que bom", by Florinda Maria. The instrument is a Portuguese guitar but it's being played in a fairly light, untraditional style.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Good to see the podcast back, keep up the good work!

Vamos Rio Ave!

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Cheers Matt! Yep, the new podcast is up if anyone wants to listen.

Rio Ave looked a very strong, this new striker, Semedo, who they've picked from the lower leagues looks quite a find. Other than the Benfica draw, everything went as you'd expect. Next weekend's the bog one, Sporting Braga play Sporting and Benfica host Porto.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

steveeeee, what has been the local reaction to "Danny"s transfer from Dinamo Moscow to Zenit? Does anyone in Portugal think he is worth anywhere near 30 million euro?

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

The basic answer would be no but that's mostly due to the fact that Scolari could never be bothered to check him out (the Russian league is one of the few that isn't broadcast live over here), so he's never played for the selection until now.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

My only complaint about the podcast would be that it sounds (the first one, at least) a bit echoey--like you recorded it in a big room with no furniture in it.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Basically Inca, we do record it in a big room with no furniture in it! My apartment is really old with 11 foot high ceilings, it's no studio. Add this to the fact that a tram goes past every 10 minutes causing the whole apartment block to shake and we have no producer, it all means that it's never going to sound completely professional but it doesn't sound bad either.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Alright then. It's nice to hear a well-put-together non-professional podcast that isn't completely inane.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Regular listener from last season, and just got back from the Algarve, where on your recommendation from the podcast I had a bifana. It was beautiful!

Also I picked up a copy of the A Bola preseason guide (again recommended on the podcast), which for 3 euros is brilliant. The caricature pictures of the coaches seem very harsh though.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Wouldn't mind getting one of those A Bola guides myself! Do you know if you can get them on Ebay?

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Nice one jamzinho, next time your over you can step up a notch to entremeada or even the almighty sande do curato.

The Bola and Record pre-season guides are fantastic and without them we'd probably be absolutely lost on the podcast. It's a pity you couldn't get hold of the Record one too, as they really try to outdo A Bola (338 pages to Bola's 223) and really go to town with as many tables of stats as they can possibly find. When I buy them I usually spend ages just looking at how crap half the grounds are in the 2nd division, Sporting Covilha is my particular favourite, it looks like Mile End Stadium, but in lush countryside.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Matt, the Bola one is available here

http://pagamento.abola.pt/cartoons/livros.aspx?id=

€6 with delivery.

I can't find any information on the Record site for how to purchase their guide.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

steveeeeee, what is the local take on Quaresma's transfer to Inter?

If I had a euro for every time A Bola has reported that he has signed, I'd have enough for an entremeda myself.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

He'll sign Monday, for sure. Inter are just holding out to do two things, offload Pelé to Porto and get the price down.

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

steve, thanks for the link.

Sorry to be a pain but how do I select it to buy it? I keep returning to the same screen. Is it a fault with the site or is it me?!

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Just checked, you've got to register on the A Bola website to be able to use the "loja".

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Paulo Bento knows where his priorities lie ...

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Whilst in the Algarve I looked up SC Farense in Faro. Here's their old ground, they now play at the Estadio Algarve

Comment

footballportugal Podcast

Just heard the second podcast, how on earth do Estrela Amadora survive on a gate of 300?

I must say I love their kit, quite similar in style to St Kilda from Aussie Rules

Estrela Amadora

St Kilda

Comment

Working...
                                                  X