Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now Cardiff Met have been charged with fielding an ineligible player

https://faw.cymru/cymru-leagues/news...-university-fc

Which brings the total to 4 clubs this season beging charged with stuff. That's a third of the league!

Comment

Apparently Cardiff Met's punishment will be writing "I will not play ineligible players in the JD Cymru Premier League" 100 times on the blackboard.

Comment

First of all, ha ha ha, off you pop you plastic twats.
        Second of all, f- me the FAW will do anything to make sure Aberfuckingrystwyth dont get relegated.

Comment

Following results in other games today, Barry Town are safe from relegation this season.

And relaaaaax...

Comment

Today I saw a 30 yard chip go in, then about 20 minutes later I saw a free kick from the half way line sail just out of the keepers' grasp. They would be noteworthy events on their own merits but today they meant that we had scored twice with shots that were hit against a storm strength wind (the Met Office said so yesterday) in an open ended ground, I've never seen that before.

Consequently, we can't finish lower than 6th this season, in April 2019 I would have gladly accepted that outcome at the end of our then mythical first season in Tier 2.
            Last edited by Kowalski; 06-04-2024, 22:20.

Comment

Some fair comments here about the FAW decision to have the Welsh Cup final in Newport at 5.25 on a Sunday... when the two teams playing are from North Wales and Shropshire

https://nwsport.co.uk/2024/04/09/com...nal-venue/amp/

Comment

I don't think the venue choice is the big issue it's being made out to be. The final (men's and women's) really ought to be at a showpiece ground, that isn't used by the clubs in the regular season, and that's what they've picked. There were no complaints at having to travel to Cardiff when the final was at the Arms Park.

However, the choice of day and time are a different issue, as once you've picked your venue then you've got to make it as easy as possible for people to get there, so anything other than a Saturday afternoon kick-off is the FAW shooting themselves in the foot.

Comment

The alternative suggestion of Aberystwyth is frankly laughable.

Cae Ras would have been a better choice (if available - but Wrexham are playing their final game the day before). I imagine Rodney Parade is cheaper these days.

I went to the Welsh Cup final between Penybont and TNS at the Cardiff City Stadium a couple of seasons back. Only one side was open.
                  Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 11-04-2024, 10:48.

Comment

1,201 people - the biggest Cymru South crowd of the season - were at Old Road on Tuesday night to see Briton Ferry Llansawel hammer Ammanford and secure the title and promotion.

Comment

In the Cymru North Prestatyn Town have been deducted 3 points for fielding an ineligible player earlier in the season. Drops them below Porthmadog on goal difference and into the one undecided relegation spot with one game to play. Both teams are away next Friday, Prestatyn at Gresford and Porthmadog at Holywell who they'll be hoping will have wrapped up the title by that point and therefore won't exactly be up for a battle.

Comment

Holywell have decided not to appeal being denied a tier 1 licence, which means Flint will be promoted to the Cymru Premier.

Comment

Sadly Holywell's penultimate game with already relegated Llanidloes last night was abandoned at about the hour mark after a medical emergency in the stands which resulted in one of their supporters passing away.​

I'd imagine, in the circumstances, the two teams will be happy to let the result stand as it was (Holywell were 1-0 up), but given that the result could effect where the league title goes they may be made to replay it next week.

Comment

NEWS: Pontypridd United are to be relegated from the JD Cymru Premier after being refused a license to continue playing in Welsh football’s top tier.

(Apologies for the cut n paste)

Their televised match against Aberystwyth on Sunday only matters for one team now

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                              NEWS: Pontypridd United are to be relegated from the JD Cymru Premier after being refused a license to continue playing in Welsh football’s top tier.

(Apologies for the cut n paste)

Their televised match against Aberystwyth on Sunday only matters for one team now
                              Hopefully (from a Colwyn Bay viewpoint), Pontypridd will use it as a last hurrah, rather than simply roll over. Not that I can see Bay beating Barry, mind.

Comment

There is a consensus among Barry fans that Steve Jenkins should play the kids, let Colwyn Bay beat them.and hopefully relegate Aberystwyth.

Comment

Cardiff Met docked 3 points for fielding an ineligible player

Comment

Comment

I mentioned Evans stepping down on the matchgoing thread. As a semi-regular Bay watcher I'm not overly disappointed; they played some great stuff in getting up to the Cymru Premier, but have been a listless watch this season and Evans hasn't really offered much in the way of new thinking to arrest these issues. Be interested to see who they look to, to step in. Must be Bay's turn for Sean Eardley soon though.

Comment

Didn't realise until today that Penybont's win yesterday meant they qualified for the post season play off at the expense of Haverfordwest.

Comment

So, the FAW has released a vision document with a promise of the next announcement in September

Exciting Competition Format The 2026/27 season marks a pivotal moment with the launch of a revamped Cymru Premier format. Details of the new league structure will be announced in September 2024, culminating in the exciting transition to Friday night football, offering fans a vibrant matchday experience.

Strengthening League Administration
                                          The FAW is committed to enhancing league administration, including workforce development and governance. This involves recruiting a dedicated Elite Club Development Manager and investing in content creation to improve operational efficiency.

Professionalising Club Administration
                                          Over €1 million will be invested to elevate the administrative standards of Cymru Premier clubs. This includes providing grants for operational roles, assisting with legal structures, and implementing new training programs to foster club development.
                                          There's more stuff in the statement including the promise of "VAR Light", which as Sgorio only sends one camera to each game seems like all they can afford

https://faw.cymru/news/strategic-vis...cymru-premier/

Comment

There's also an 11 minute interview with Jack Sharp from the FAW being shared by Sgorio where he says it's going to be a "bigger league".

Comment

I know there are some Friday games now, but doesn’t seem a sensible move for a league with players who have regular jobs.

Nice spin putting the finances in euros.

Comment

Originally posted by Baptiste View Post
                                                I know there are some Friday games now, but doesn’t seem a sensible move for a league with players who have regular jobs.
                                                Seems pointless to be honest, a means of inconveniencing existing fans (particularly those who like to watch their teams play away) in the pursuit of new ones.

Comment

Unless they are scrapping a "national" league format and going to Northern and Southern conferences with a national end of season play off to decide the champions.

Even then, though, Friday night games for Haverfordwest mean no away fans unless they're in the same division as Carmarthen.

Comment

Summer football next, Mark my words. It's been a spectacular success over here, but probably wouldn't work with your leagues. Friday night football is also the rule in Ireland as well, but that came in organically, as the clubs saw the benefit, and Sligo Rovers and Longford Town prefer Saturday night. I don't think imposing it by diktat is a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X