Clear All

The Ladies Excuse Me: WC 2015

It's back on.

Comment

Great finish, that.

Comment

Looking shaky at the back and now Japan is finding their passing rhythm.

Comment

Sawa into the game. This is not going to be comfortable for the US.

Comment

Japan decide to pack the midfield. Possibly a bit late.

Comment

Incandenza wrote: Sawa into the game. This is not going to be comfortable for the US.
              Give over! You're 4-1 up!

Comment

Japan should've had a second...

Comment

I know Japan is down by 3 but two subs in the first half; that doesn't make much sense to me.

Comment

Taking off a defender for a midfielder I can understand, but taking off your striker for another midfielder? Don't get it.

Comment

Japan's defense just can't handle the crosses.

I have admittedly not watched many of these games other than the US and then the 1/2 finals since I was busy with Copa America, but I have to assume that Japan played other teams that crossed the ball. They look horrible whenever the ball comes into the box.

Comment

And, JV was right about that sun. What a huge difference between the US end and the Japanese end.

Comment

Japan just run into a buzzsaw, the crowd had a lot to do with their unraveling. 45k shrieking fans who have paid hundreds of dollars and driven hours to get there. Also critical was the US were well-coached on set plays and exploited vulnerabilities on corner kicks.

Comment

At least Japan had losing the toss as an excuse. Canada actually chose that end against England. I've yet to read an explanation as to why?

Comment

Is that a fact Amor? Very poor coaching if that's the case. The coin toss was worth at least one goal in both the final and the Canada-England QF.

Comment

Dean Lewtas wrote:
                                Originally posted by Incandenza
                                Against a side that has only scored more than one once in six games. And that needed an opposition player to take the shot for them for it to happen. The game was over as a contest by the 5th minute.

Comment

Erm, scratch that. They scored two against Netherlands, didn't they?

Comment

And two in one of the group games. OK, OK, over by the time Holliday scored. But the general point that Japan are far from prolific holds. Mostly because they need about five clear chances per goal.

Comment

linus wrote: Is that a fact Amor? Very poor coaching if that's the case. The coin toss was worth at least one goal in both the final and the Canada-England QF.
                                      TBH I've never heard it confirmed, but if you look at replays of the coin toss, Christine Sinclair points to that end.

Comment

I got a little worried after Lloyd's miss on that header for the 5th.

When you're destroying someone, you need to keep destroying them. 4-2 is another game. As it stands, Japan's still in it...think Sweden-Germany Oct.16, 2002.

Obviously we have a great chance to nick 2 or 3 on the break as the game goes on, but Japan should be proud that their huddles at least made it a 100% chance of a loss to an 85%.

Comment

Janik wrote:
                                          Originally posted by Dean Lewtas
                                          Originally posted by Incandenza
                                          Against a side that has only scored more than one once in six games. And that needed an opposition player to take the shot for them for it to happen. The game was over as a contest by the 5th minute.
                                          True, but again emotion plays into every touch, every kick, every decision. Any team can get shook, any team can get touched. You're 45 minutes away from defeat, or 45 minutes away from a miracle. Japan has the mentality to come back.

Comment

#PearlHarbour is now trending, showing that our Imperialist brothers and sisters across the pond are just as wankery as we are. This sport/war thing really has to stop.

Comment

Unless the film's on somewhere and everyone is saying how shite it is, of course.

Comment

There's your sun goal.

4-2.

Comment

Solo staring into the sun, there is about 10-15min left before she gets a reprieve.

Comment

4-2 - get in, Japan!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X