Weekend Non-Matchgoing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janik wrote: Oh, and blimey Leicester. Where on earth did the last month come from?!?
    Seems to have coincided with Lineker buggering off to cover The Masters. Funny how his team start winning when he's not having to "interrogate" the various vegetables in the MOTD pundits' chairs.

Comment

Enjoyed Man City-Villa, starting to not totally dislike Sherwood as manager, a few weeks ago I was willing them down. Villa now have my permission to stay up, which will come as a great relief to them no doubt.

Comment

Alan green now infesting MotD

Shame

Comment

arsenal v chelsea has started at a good pelt.

chelsea are playing oscar in the middle of their strikerless attack and, judging by the aimless punts azpilicueta keeps sending down the line, they appear to be trying to isolate bellerin one on one against hazard.

chelsea don't look secure though, looks like they're going to struggle with sanchez today.

ivanovic has just got away with his second bookable foul of the day - after 10 minutes.

Comment

Ospina has just Battistoned Oscar after he chipped the ball over him. No penalty and the shot cleared off the line.

Comment

weirdly, arsenal seem more shaken up by that incident than chelsea - they've totally lost their rhythm since then

Comment

fabregas booked for diving - after cazorla trips him for what should have been a penalty.

Comment

Quite - Cazorla was nowhere near the ball there. Is Oliver being influenced by the home crowd here?

Where's Nef when you need him, eh?

Comment

now arsenal denied a penalty after cazorla's shot is blocked by the outstretched arm of cahill. that was so obvious the referee surely couldn't have missed it, he must have decided it was accidental. that or he felt he couldn't give arsenal a penalty after what the cesc decision.

Comment

Comment

With the house empty, I put the Arsenal game on.

Then realised what I've become. I really really could not care less about Arsenal versus Chelsea, It'll end nil-nil, and some controversy will occur when some bellend of a player will do something else bellendish to another bellend. It'll be much ado, and make the papers all bloody week.

I've turned it off. It's none of my business, and frankly, never really was.

Can't wait for Bournemouth v Bolton tomorrow night though. That will be a watch.

Comment

I'm just hoping for a mass on-pitch brawl that sees both clubs docked twenty points.

Comment

oscar's off at HT, wouldn't be surprised if he'd been concussed in the collision with ospina.

Comment

mourinho told sky that oscar has "possible concussion" - seems odd they couldn't have worked that out before letting him play on for nearly half an hour. he didn't do much after the collision, but there was a moment when he got the ball in a good position at the edge of the box and just sort of blundered into the defender in front of him, it didn't look right.

Comment

PSG go one-nil up against Wolfsburg in the UWCL semi-final second leg. Wolfsburg need to score three times now.

Comment

That game wasn't great, but we did what we needed to do and ground it out. All 3 of those were penalties for me, only contentious one is Cahill and even then his arm was in a weird position.

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: With the house empty, I put the Arsenal game on.

Then realised what I've become. I really really could not care less about Arsenal versus Chelsea, It'll end nil-nil, and some controversy will occur when some bellend of a player will do something else bellendish to another bellend. It'll be much ado, and make the papers all bloody week.

I've turned it off. It's none of my business, and frankly, never really was.

Can't wait for Bournemouth v Bolton tomorrow night though. That will be a watch.
                                    Ha. Exactly the same with me. Spent ages looking for a decent internet feed. Then thought what the fuck am I doing, turned off the laptop and went and read a book.

Sounds like we both made a good decision.

Comment

Bizarre Löw Triangle wrote: PSG go one-nil up against Wolfsburg in the UWCL semi-final second leg. Wolfsburg need to score three times now.
                                      2 - 1 Wolfsburg now with 10 minutes to go. Not over yet.

Comment

And the men's Wolfsburg team has lost at Gladbach, so Bayern are now confirmed as champions.

Comment

Rugby 1-3 Royston on Saturday. Which means Royston finished 2nd, so are at home in the play-off Semi and will also be if they make the Final. The Semi is this Tuesday against Barton Rovers. I may make it along to Garden Walk for the first time in 20 years (for a game, I've been there for a beer festival).
                                          It is quite possible that the last time I went Barton Rovers were also the visitors. I certainly remember being at a previous Royston-Barton Rovers game.

Comment

PFA Player of the Year to be announced imminently - has to be Haz?

Comment

...has to be Haz?
                                              Was initially reading that as a 'familiar' nickname for Mr Kane. Both awards deserved, however - Hazard is one of the few bearable players in that miserable side.

Comment

Proportionally speaking, Hazard must have the biggest arse in football since Kenny Dalglish.

Comment

There's an awful lot of lens flare on the Sky coverage of Bournemouth v Bolton so far, it's lime the JJ Abrams 'Star Trek' movies.

Comment

I'm enjoying watching this. Bournemouth are quite limeable.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X