What's your own squad number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Actually, can I switch from 27 to 16? Is Velvet Android still around to swap (Isn't he Various Artists)?
    Can I have the 27 shirt then?

Comment

Actually, can I switch from 27 to 16? Is Velvet Android still around to swap (Isn't he Various Artists)?
      You were the one that said players couldn't trade their shirts. Hold on, Ramsey's not 16 anymore, why 16?

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
      Can I have the 27 shirt then?
      Ha ha!

Comment

Half of us are going to end up on loan in the Eredivisie . . .

Comment

If VA gets back to me on 16 and doesn't want it himself, sure. Or I could auction it off, there was a lot of interest.

We need to sort VA a number first too, obvs.

Comment

I just want to have my initials on a training top. Happy to be Cone Man

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
              You were the one that said players couldn't trade their shirts. Hold on, Ramsey's not 16 anymore, why 16?
              Because of 2016 (which means more to me than 1927 now, not least because I was alive and there) but I've always liked it due to Roy Keane and, more recently, Joe Ledley.

Comment

Clearly this squad needs listing for posterity, numbers issued on a FCFS basis with any stated alternate used in the event of a clash :

1 Pebble The Fish
                2 Crusoe
                3 Pietro Paolo Virdis
                4 Gawpus
                5 Nmr Fox
                6 TheNonFlyingFrenchman
                7* Serge Gainsbourg
                8 The Ballad of Lightbowne Lil
                9 Vicarious Thrillseeker
                10 Big Dave's Gusset
                11 Hot Orange
                13 Gavc 23
                14 Toby Gymshorts
                15 Bored of Education
                16 Velvet Android
                17 Three Times A Reddy
                18 JWDD 27
                19 Carlos Costly
                20 Smallcaps
                22 Shackleford
                23 Gerontophile
                24 Denis Hurley
                25 Cesar Rodriguez
                27 Harry Truscott

31 Kevchenko
                32 Diggedy Derek

34 Hugh Fatbastard

41 Andrew 7610

72 Antelpi Ejderha
                73 Moocowe

96 Rogin The Armchair Fan

* how do I do the fancy-schmancy European 7?

Still some prime numbers left (no, not actual prime numbers but good ones. Though I am sure some of them are prime numbers too).

I'll get designing the kit.

So this is where we are at. Sad to see that a number of those numbers are for posters no longer around.

Comment

We can reassign them then.

Comment

As 13's gone, I'll take 94 (the only year a [future] Rangers player has won the World Cup golden slipper) and paint the Ivan Zamorano "+" between the digits to achieve necessary levels of Der Bomber-ness.
                    Last edited by Alex Anderson; 14-08-2017, 02:24. Reason: *quickly checks calculator* ... Yes, 9 + 4. Absolutely. That'll work. Very confident.

Comment

So this is where we are at. Sad to see that a number of those numbers are for posters no longer around.
                      Typical selling club.

Comment

Because of 2016 (which means more to me than 1927 now, not least because I was alive and there) but I've always liked it due to Roy Keane and, more recently, Joe Ledley.
                        Good point, well made. I will make a mental note of that if I ever nick your bank card.

Comment

I was an extremely ordinary utility player, most regularly put on the right or left wing. I was at least quite quick. Ideally I'd be 7 or 11 but wouldn't get a 1-11. 77 has gone so I'll go for 71.

Comment

I'll have no.36, not for any playing reasons (I'm a RB/CB), but because that was my "member number" in the days of OLDtf.

Comment

OK - can I have 71 then? That's the last year both my club teams did well. Just for the hell of it, here's the Leeds team from 1971:
                              1. Harvey
                              2. Reaney
                              3. Madeley
                              4. Bremner
                              5. Charlton
                              6. Hunter
                              7. Lorimer
                              8. Clarke
                              9. Jordan
                              10. Giles
                              11. E Gray
                              A bit tough on Sprake and Mick Jones to have Harvey and Jordan, but there you go. Of course, most of those players played every single league match (that's 42), as well as all the League Cup and FA Cup matches too, plus a few European ties. Them were the days...
                              Edit: bugger - sorry I was sure I'd read all the way through the thread but somehow missed Sits's post... Perhaps it took me 90 minutes to compose mine.... I'll have to settle for 70 then....
                              Last edited by jdsx; 14-08-2017, 23:20. Reason: Stupidity

Comment

Artist, singular. But still VA, yes.

I understand where you're coming from on the 2016 thing Ray, but if I give up my 16 I'd have to go back and change myself in each FIFA game I've been a created player in. So I'd really like to hang onto it if it's all the same by you.

Comment

Gosh, that's quite a hard no, isn't it?

I even pondered taking the much maligned and neglected 12 shirt for a while but if I really can't have 16 I guess I'll stick to 27.

Comment

Gosh, that's quite a hard no, isn't it?

I even pondered taking the much maligned and neglected 12 shirt for a while but if I really can't have 16 I guess I'll stick to 27.
                                    I'm terribly sorry but I'm not letting you have that back Harry. I've already had my name printed on the back with the number. I'll find proof if you want.

Comment

Oops, looks like we've left Harry out in the cold now. Literally. He'll be playing 'skins' from here on.

That was indeed me being firm in any incredibly British, inexplicably guilty-feeling way, like the firm need to apologise to someone who's just trodden on one's toes.

Changing would also upset my 4-centric OCD, more pertinently perhaps:
                                      Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                      Can I bag 16? Don't think anyone else has nabbed it and it would be my first choice anyway — 4 is my favourite but I'm not a defender, so 42 is ideal and works for midfield I feel.
                                      I really don't want to have to go to 43 as 64 is getting a bit stupidly high for a shirt number, for my tastes.
                                      Last edited by Various Artist; 14-08-2017, 21:27.

Comment

I'll take 64 then as it's 8^2 and I've always worn 8, as is fitting for the too-short, overly-combative central midfielder.

The high point of shirt numbers for me was when our rec league indoor team all decided that we should have numbers and through an incredible series of mis-communications, three of us wound up putting 8 on our shirts. The looks we got from the refs.

Comment

I'm terribly sorry but I'm not letting you have that back Harry. I've already had my name printed on the back with the number. I'll find proof if you want.
                                          You can fuck off. I still have the 27 shirt on the list and it's not as if that's some random, delible document without any legal or formal provenance.

Comment

This thread is one of the best arguments for 1 to 11 with no names that I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              This thread is one of the best arguments for 1 to 11 with no names that I've ever seen.
                                              If one were needed.

Comment

You can fuck off. I still have the 27 shirt on the list and it's not as if that's some random, delible document without any legal or formal provenance.
                                                So is that a definite no or negotiable? Winky thing.

Comment

Kudos to RdG meanwhile for the use of the word "delible", which I've never seen pulled off before.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                                    OK - can I have 71 then? That's the last year both my club teams did well. Just for the hell of it, here's the Leeds team from 1971:
                                                    1. Harvey
                                                    2. Reaney
                                                    3. Madeley
                                                    4. Bremner
                                                    5. Charlton
                                                    6. Hunter
                                                    7. Lorimer
                                                    8. Clarke
                                                    9. Jordan
                                                    10. Giles
                                                    11. E Gray
                                                    A bit tough on Sprake and Mick Jones to have Harvey and Jordan, but there you go. Of course, most of those players played every single league match (that's 42), as well as all the League Cup and FA Cup matches too, plus a few European ties. Them were the days...
                                                    Quite hard on Terry Cooper too, I'd have thought?

Leeds 1970-71: League apps /goals
                                                    Norman Hunter 42/1, Allan Clarke 41/19, Paul Madeley 41/5, Terence Cooper 41/1, John Charlton 40/6, Mick Jones 39/6, Peter Lorimer 38/12, Gareth Sprake 35/0, John Giles 34/13, Michael Bates 31/0, William Bremner 25/3, Paul Reaney 19/0, Edwin Gray 19/1, Rod Belfitt 10/3, David Harvey 7/0, Nigel Davey 7/0, Terence Yorath 3/0, Terence Hibbitt 3/0, Chris Galvin 1/0.
                                                    Leeds 1971-72:
                                                    Paul Madeley 42/2, Peter Lorimer 42/23, Norman Hunter 42/0, John Charlton 41/5, William Bremner 41/5, John Giles 38/6, Allan Clarke 35/11, Gareth Sprake 35/0, Terence Cooper 34/1, Paul Reaney 33/0, Edwin Gray 26/6, Michael Jones 24/11, Joseph Jordan 12/0, Rod Belfitt 11/1, Michael Bates 9/0, David Harvey 7/0, Terence Yorath 7/1, Chris Galvin 3/0, James Mann 1/0, Keith Edwards 1/0
                                                    Last edited by 1974ddr; 15-08-2017, 19:07.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X