The Shirt Locker - Kit Gallery 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no idea who (or what) JCT600 are (and they've been sponsoring them for a good while). I'm not going to spoil my blissful ignorance by looking it up.

Comment

JCT600 is an insane super-intelligent robot bent on destroying mankind to purify the Earth.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: I think I love it, actually.
        Ah, see, I admire the boldness of it but I think it's hideous. Presumably it's plain claret at the back as well which is poor.

Comment

Yes the back is plain claret, which is disappointing, but so are the shorts and socks, which is good. You wouldn't want the kit to start looking garish, would you?

Comment

Appalling though that is, it's not the worst checked football shirt I've ever seen. Hell, it's not even the worst checked Bradford shirt I've seen:

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: New Balance are hip now? Fucking hell, I thought the worst thing about running's popularity was those fucking facebook status updates but this is close.
              New Balance's hipness has nothing to do with running aand a lot to do with fashionable beards. New Balance types are most likely to put their NBs to good use when chased by teenage n'erdowells.

Do you live in a cave? NB went mainstream a long time ago.

Comment

Bradford have managed worst kits than even that Freemans one ;

The second one was apparently withdrawn early in the season (presumably after protests) so there is little photographic evidence of it.

Comment

I recall Chris Waddle scoring a long-range goal in an FA Cup win at Goodison Park while wearing that halvesie kit

Comment

JCT600 is a car dealership or something, isn't it? I think its owner might be a major shareholder at Bradford, or something, though I stand to be corrected on that.

Anyway, colour me in the camp that loves that Bradford shirt.

Comment

They wore that halved kit in the 5th round against Wednesday too. It wasn't a cup kit either - the programme has a pic of the kit in action in the league at Palace the weekend before.

Comment

The Historical Kits website has it as worn in "Opening league and cup games only" but I did wonder what it was doing on the cover of a March programme.

Comment

Yeah, I was going to say, I've seen Bradford play in that kit- which was obviously felt not to clash with red and blue stripes.

More controversial opinion: I like the halvsie kit

Even more contr. op.: I like the new checked one as well.

Comment

This picture seem to confirm that Historical Kits has this one wrong: Bradford's league games against Man City were on 7 December and 1st March.

Comment

Paul Dickov looks like a wee boy wearing his dad's shirt.

Comment

JCT600 remains a family business with strong values and over 60 years’ experience and heritage in the motoring industry, trusted to represent 21 of the most famous and prestigious automotive marques in 48 state-of-the-art and environmentally friendly dealerships throughout Yorkshire.
                                The new Bradford City kit is vaguely reminiscent of one of the last efforts worn by UAG Tecos of Mexico before they were bought, moved and eventually became los Mineros de Zacatecas.

I hope that their fate is not a cautionary tale.

Comment

One of the reasons I like the Bradford shirts is that it pleasingly brings to mind the London Transport moquettes, specifically the one for the District Line :

Comment

shackleford wrote:

Hmm. It's got that weird "two different shades of the same basic colour" thing, plus dots and stripes and hooped socks. But I kinda like it.
                                    You're wrong, it's f*cking horrendous.
                                    It's a million steps backwards, the shirt's not too bad I guess but where's the "goalpost" crest, the white trim round the leg of the shorts is too wide by a factor of 5, and hooped socks for f*ck sake? Who signed off on this car-crash?
                                    The top / shorts & socks look like they've been cobbled together from 3 different kits from 3 different decades.
                                    It's shit, hugely, massively, monumentally shit. Horrible.
                                    *Groan*

Comment

Harry, now that would be an excellent kit for Barnet.

Comment

It's the wrong line for Barnet traditionally but I think they may use that moquette on some Jubilee Line trains that service Canons Park (if they're 1983 stock) so it would fit The Hive.

Comment

I know, but thought that colour fidelity was more important in this case than its transport equivalent.

I will forever be jealous of the rich visual history of the Underground, which puts our own efforts in this respect (Vignelli's efforts apart) to shame.

We haven't even been able to maintain this vocabulary

Comment

Those moquettes in full.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: One of the reasons I like the Bradford shirts is that it pleasingly brings to mind the London Transport moquettes, specifically the one for the District Line :

You are Big Boobs and FIRE!!! AICMFP

Comment

Compare our paltry efforts in this respect.

Though the old school "wicker" seats were cool (and essentially gone by the early 60s)

Comment

blameless wrote: Paul Dickov looks like a wee boy wearing his dad's shirt.
                                                  He looks like a flying squirrel in that pic.

Comment

I love that Bradford kit as well.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X