• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mascots observing minutes silences

Jimmy Bignutz wrote:
    Originally posted by evilC
    Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys
    Over in the Netherlands …

I love this one. The official must be thinking "It's all part of the job. This is what I signed up for."
    Somehow this mascot manages to look legitimately sad - maybe it's just the angle, or maybe they've come up with the foresight to produce replacement heads for different occasions.
    I was thinking his eyes show a real Thousand Yard Stare. As if at the moment that photo was taken he was replaying again in his head vivid images of the horrors of war that he'd personally lived through.

Then I remembered he was a mascot dog.

Comment

BEAK wrote: We all know the Guardian football section all read OTF religiously, I'm pretty sure you've just ensured that 2014 will see the launch of The Secret Mascot.
      'Mascots In Their Eyes'
      'Dancing With Mascots'
      'The Mascot Factor'
      'Obsessive Compulsive Mascots'

...etc.

Comment

I hope the armed forces of the world are taking inspiration from football and thinking about having proper mascots of their own, instead of this real-life-goat nonsense. Imagine how easier things would have been for the Johnson administration, for example, if the CBS news reports on Vietnam featured a man-sized fruit called Agent Orange in the background, making thumbs-up gestures to the folks at home.

Comment

This is a truly brilliant thread, I've nothing really to add other than my best friend at school used to live next door to the Gunnersaurus, we often used to wonder if he was allowed to take the suit home with him for "sexy times" with his wife.

Comment

Sometimes I need a laugh to make me feel better.

Oh, you bunch of wonderful bastards. Magnificent.
            Thank you all.

Comment

Nishlord wrote: I hope the armed forces of the world are taking inspiration from football and thinking about having proper mascots of their own, instead of this real-life-goat nonsense. Imagine how easier things would have been for the Johnson administration, for example, if the CBS news reports on Vietnam featured a man-sized fruit called Agent Orange in the background, making thumbs-up gestures to the folks at home.
              Not the Armed Forces but the Metropolitan Police do have one called, I think, PCSO Steve.

He sometimes pops up at Met Police FC's games and here (at the end of their narrow FA Cup First Round home defeat to Crawley last season) he shows he can look devastated enough to easily make a real contribution to a minute's silence;

In fact, he looks like he may be about to perform ritual hari-kari there which is probably a tad off for Remembrance Day itself.

Comment

Gentlemen, it would appear the picture I posted on page 1 of Baggie Bird …

… was not the whole shot. You'll have to ask the Independent why they chose to crop it.

Comment

Because they hate Britain?

Comment

Nishlord wrote: I hope the armed forces of the world are taking inspiration from football and thinking about having proper mascots of their own, instead of this real-life-goat nonsense.

Comment

Bradford players pay tribute to the Bradford Fire victims.

Comment

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/photos/179568/when-football-mascots-observe-the-minutes-silences-photos.html

took longer than i thought...

oops, didn't realise there was an affiliation!

Comment

At least there's a link to this thread on there.

Comment

Now we're on ITV.

Comment

Hahaha fucking class thread. That West Ham one is the pick of the bunch.

BEAK wrote: We all know the Guardian football section all read OTF religiously
                              I doubt that somehow.

Comment

kevchenko wrote: Now we're on ITV.
                                At least they credit us.
                                We should probably make the most of this, because once it reaches the Daily Mail some pompous arse who never liked football anyway will berate football clubs for showing no respect for our brave boys and fallen heroes and mascots will be forced to observe their silence from the confines of the tunnel.

Comment

longeared wrote:
                                  I can still see them, the team of 2013. Of course, they're all gone now, cut-down by the ravages of time.

Comment

One more (which I've pinched from here).

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote:

"This was me & the wife's anniversary, too!"

Comment

Serge wrote:
                                        Originally posted by longeared
                                        I can still see them, the team of 2013. Of course, they're all gone now, cut-down by the ravages of time.
                                        Hahahahahahaha

Comment

Big Daves Gussett wrote: Fulham wanted a knight. Wigan wanted a gorilla.
                                          Any idea why either club were dead set on these particular choices?

The hammer mascot has a mild case of cameltoe, was this also in the original sketches?

Comment

He sometimes pops up at Met Police FC's games and here (at the end of their narrow FA Cup First Round home defeat to Crawley last season)
                                            A rare example of Crawley Town winning a game being a good thing.

Comment

chien_andalusia wrote: Toby Tyke getting in on the act this weekend at Barnsley (0:32 and 0:46):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WduRXG5-iNs
                                              Took me a while to get to this, but it is very funny - I know he's coming, and I am expecting the worst, and it is worse, and funnier, than I was prepared for...

Comment

Oh fuck, I had only seen the other screen grab upthread. Someone needs to get a still of Toby's first appearance on that clip on here.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote:

here he is chillaxing like david cameron during a major world crisis
                                                  It's rare I go through every post several times in a thread, but this one I have. And this above is typical Berba comedy genius.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: Oh fuck, I had only seen the other screen grab upthread. Someone needs to get a still of Toby's first appearance on that clip on here.
                                                    This what you're after?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X