Our ground is shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambers View Post
    In further "pinches of salt" news, I read on a Wycombe forum that someone had read on an Oxford forum that, should United be evicted by Kassam before the new stadium is built, they would look to share Adams Park in the interim.

Can any of the Oxford fans here confirm whether that is complete Purple Monkey Dishwasher, or is there any substance to it?
    Yes it's seriously being considered as more or less the only alternative. Swindon is a non starter - and Reading too

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
      In further "pinches of salt" news, I read on a Wycombe forum that someone had read on an Oxford forum that, should United be evicted by Kassam before the new stadium is built, they would look to share Adams Park in the interim.

Can any of the Oxford fans here confirm whether that is complete Purple Monkey Dishwasher, or is there any substance to it?
      There's been a similar suggestion on the Cheltenham forum about letting them share Whaddon Road. Given Adams Park is 20 miles closer then it would certainly make more sense.

Assuming there is any substance to it of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post

There's been a similar suggestion on the Cheltenham forum about letting them share Whaddon Road. Given Adams Park is 20 miles closer then it would certainly make more sense.

Assuming there is any substance to it of course.
        I think Adams Park is most likely, with Franchise the only other real option.

If the stadium does go ahead, it's almost certain that we would have a season or two in between the rent agreement running out and the new stadium being ready. Despite the board saying there is absolutely no chance we can possibly play at the Kassam after 2026, that is the most likely scenario. Kassam is a ruthless businessman and if the price is right, he'll agree to a short term rental.

Comment

Working...
        X