No announcement yet.

Local Football, aka the Other Non-Leagues Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably better places to justify the title of the league than in this week's non-League paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
      "Bulls hit form"
      "Bulls hit for six"
      "New kit is Bulls hit"
      Been Hereford's nickname for decades though...

Comment

Good to see, uh, Cuckfield Rangers at the top of the sex league

Comment

Have a pal from there, never made any association, until now!

Comment

The NLP have printed my letter this week and not even edited out the more critical comments or salient points.

Comment

Great bit of understatement in the adjacent letter "Back to back 5-0 defeats to start the season is never ideal"

Comment

This was the letter I was responding to

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                  Great bit of understatement in the adjacent letter "Back to back 5-0 defeats to start the season is never ideal"
                  Spoken like a true wannabe pundit.

Comment

I think your letter would have been improved by the addition of (sic) after "Ordinance Survey"

Comment

As a crystal palace fan, i'm appalled at us having to make the long journey to newcastle. Premier league need to sort it out #tinpot #muppets

Comment

To be fair, Newcastle are working hard to solve the problem themselves

Comment

"The travelling time is certainly an incontinence" - we should sympathise, but I'm not sure that's the FA's fault.

Comment

It seems as though we have been misguided somewhat
                            Last edited by Nesta; 11-08-2019, 21:14.

Comment

Fair point Sean, but non-league moaning is a habitual obstacle generally.

Comment

FC Isle of Man looking to join the pyramid.

Comment

Aw yeah, pump it into my veins bay-bay... https://twitter.com/SpartanSMFL/status/1179140919058149378

Comment

Either 'Arry and Clem come cheap, which I find unlikely, or Stotfold are planning to sell a lot of tickets or price them at a premium rate.

Comment

Thought I'd revive this thread for this news ;

https://twitter.com/ollie_bayliss/status/1394654013174558720?s=21

Comment

No more Croydon derbies... delighted to see the brilliantly named Faversham Strike Force added to the SCEFL though

Comment

I hope Hilltop FC (Combined Counties 1) play on top of a hill, if not there'll be trouble.

Bit of a geographic shift round here at step 6, the NWCL continues to colonise West Yorkshire whereas the disbanding of the East Midlands Counties sends several of their clubs back into the NCEL. Hopefully matchgoing will be back in the autumn as a leisure option and the novelty won't have worn off before I have to spend a chilly evening enduring Ollerton or fucking Clipstone again.

Comment

Seems odd to me that the United Counties League has a Premier North and a Premier South at Step 5, but only one non-regionalised Step 6 Division, but I guess that's come from the East Midlands Counties league disbanding.

Also, the Eastern Counties League really needs to the decent thing and hand its Step 6 Eastern Senior League over to the Essex Senior League

Comment

I've read it suggested that the latter anomaly is because the FA isn't keen on leagues being named after counties at that level, I suppose because it's easier to shuffle teams around where necessary if the leagues have vaguer geographical names- the Essex Senior is the highest level league still to be named after a county.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                                                I've read it suggested that the latter anomaly is because the FA isn't keen on leagues being named after counties at that level, I suppose because it's easier to shuffle teams around where necessary if the leagues have vaguer geographical names- the Essex Senior is the highest level league still to be named after a county.
                                                Better to name them after parts of greece imo

Comment

The East Midlands Counties League is no more. Most clubs have transferred to the United Counties League Division 1 with a few of the stronger clubs being promoted to the Premier Division at Step 5.

Unfortunately, six clubs from north of Nottingham, mainly those with a mining heritage, have joined the Northern Counties East and have been replaced largely by teams from Leicestershire.

Comment

Ah well, there's a few yorkshire pit village teams in the ncel, so sure they'll have plenty to talk about

Comment

Working...
                                                    X