No announcement yet.

No one insults Carlo Mazzone - Serie A 2023/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think ads can sometimes get localised through some TV trickery. Or I could be talking out of my arse.

Anyway. I love that the ads aimed at Italian viewers are for cubetti di pancetta and formaggio. Even better are the ones for random clothing brands like Frankie Garage. Brilliant.

Comment

That is in fact the case

Comment

Woo!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
          I think ads can sometimes get localised through some TV trickery. Or I could be talking out of my arse.
          Possibly, I've sort of seen that kind of thing during a Wales v Germany qualifier in the Millennium Stadium, the electronic adverts went around the whole pitch instead of 2/3 like normal. When the game started I noticed that some of the boards were glowing a different colour on the top edge. I was bored at some point and went into an empty bit of the ground. It turns out that half of the ads were the usual Brains / Nationwide / Vauxhall ones, the other half were advertising German firms / products. The German broadcaster was also using cameras on the opposite side.

The adverts in the Inter match are a bit confusing, there seem to be loads in English and loads in Italian. I can't say I've noticed these kind of adverts in other recent Serie A games but I've seen those Cubetti ones quite often in other matches. It's a bit confusing for someone that used to have Wampum Jeans, Simod and Diadora adverts for company.
          Last edited by Kowalski; 16-02-2024, 23:55.

Comment

The system at the Meazza is the most sophisticated in the country

https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2...al-led-system/

Comment

It ends 4-0 to Inter

0.01 XG for Salernitana

Ooof

BTW, Frankie Garage is no more. They were bought out. Though one can still find their stuff on sale.

Comment

Devastated by the Frankie Garage news, NGL.

Comment

Turned on Monza v Milan in the 86th minute and have seen two fantastic strikes, one from each side, before the clock hits 90.

Comment

Now Monza seal it in the 95th, 4-2 with a goal from Colombo against his parent club.
                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-02-2024, 21:57.

Comment

What a game. Forza Monza.

Comment

Hmm. How much background to Monza’s rise up to Serie A do you know, Toby Gymshorts?

Comment

An incident from a game yesterday that ought to have a coach (Empoli’s) being asked very awkward questions:
                          An Empoli player went down injured. Groin strain. He was taken off the pitch (leaving Empoli voluntarily with 10 men), treated, and rather surprisingly returned to the fray. A minute later he went down again. The opponents (Fiorentina) kicked the ball out. This time his game was done. Off he hobbles and an Empoli sub only then starts taking his tracksuit off and talking to the coaching staff. After a further minute once again voluntarily playing with 10 the sub enters the fray... at an Empoli kick-off as they had just conceded to go 1-0 down. There was loads of time from the injury first happening for an Empoli sub to be identified, and for him to be stretched, advised and primed to come up if the bloke doing the Italian equivalent of “trying to run it off” failed (very predictably!) to do so. So why didn’t that happen?? That unnecessary period playing voluntarily short-handed could be argued to have cost Empoli two points - the game finished 1-1.

Comment

I’m currently more interested in Serie A because Lewis Ferguson is doing well for Bologna who are, as you know, challenging for a Champions League spot.

I’m interested in young Lewis because he’s a Scot playing, and making an impact in a big foreign league, and because he played for Aberdeen.

It’s also how I think of English teams. I want Aston Villa to do well because of John McGinn, Man U because of McTominay, Liverpool-Robertson, Bournemouth-Christie.

I suspect the Welsh & Irish posters get this unless they are too welded to their own English team.

Anyway, I’ve been to La Gordo. That may not be the correct colloquialism for Bologna but I enjoyed my trip and I hope Lewis gives it a few more years before inevitably signing for a mid table Premiership side with fuck all chances of winning anything but for 3 or 4 x the money.

I wouldn’t blame him but it would be brilliant to see a Scot do a Bale even if he didn’t seem to enjoy it much. These millennials have got to understand that it’s not about them!

Comment

Watching Bologna v Verona and it's the first time I'm seen a official replaced due to an injury, the ref and the 4th official swapped places.

Comment

The end of this napoli juve game is wild

Comment

Serie A just never stops giving

Comment

What is going on at Juventus?

Comment

An absolute blooter from Mandragora for Fiorentina against Atalanta in the Coppa Italia Semi-Final first leg tonight. Look at the fucking curve on it when they go to the replay from behind the goal.

https://twitter.com/viaplaysportsuk/status/1775608484777660462?s=61&t=AGYaHxwtRU_HNs0TqPMaJg
                                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 03-04-2024, 21:26.

Comment

https://twitter.com/itvfootball/status/1776218157247557686?s=46&t=YPTuyXx_pzpV4Wjm6pdF-Q

Comment

Not the best window (Empoli-Torino tomorrow), but still a positive development

Comment

Udinese - Roma abandoned after 72 minutes, Roma player Ndicka collapsing on the picture. DAZN are reporting a possible heart attack but there has been no confirmation from Roma. Looks like the remaining 18 minutes plus stoppage time will be played at a later date.

Today is also the 12th anniversary of the death of Piermario Morosini whose heart stopped whilst playing for Livorno, he was on loan from Udinese.

Comment

Been confirmed as not a heart attack.

Comment

https://twitter.com/marcotti/status/1779613476656214307?s=12

Comment

Get well soon.

In other news, Cagliari take a very good point from Inter and were pretty unlucky to not get all three.

Comment

Also gives Inter a chance to win the scudetto win a win in the Derby

Comment

Working...
                                                    X