Alcohol sponsorship and football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    So we're on exactly the same page about Carling, did you mean to say Carlsberg? I thought that was what I'd posted too.
    Carling. Carlsberg. What's the difference?

Though maybe if I had to pick one out of the two, I'd drink the latter. But honestly, I'd rather go without.

Comment

Oh they definitely taste different.

I quite like Carlsberg but I still don't think it should be sold in football stadiums.

While we're on about it, energy drink sponsors can go in the bin as well. Especially energy drink companies that buy football clubs.

Comment

They sell Carling at Old Trafford, and have done for a couple of seasons. I no longer drink in the ground.

Comment

At this remove, I must confess that the idea of getting bladdered watching football just strikes me as really odd. I speak as a man who used to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

And sea monkeys, I hope.
            Yes. I was the overlord of a Sea Monkey colony for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

Yes. I was the overlord of a Sea Monkey colony for a while.
              Tyrannical or benevolent?

Comment

Carlsberg is vile, maybe it's better now since they've started calling it a Pilsner and even started referring to their own previous crapness in ads, but I'm sceptical.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                  At this remove, I must confess that the idea of getting bladdered watching football just strikes me as really odd. I speak as a man who used to do it.
                  I think I've been properly bladdered at a match about 3 or 4 times in my life. I've had a couple before a game which is fine - but not for the football, I never much liked being drunk in the ground, rather for the social pre-game aspect. Only once was I absolutely plastered and actually enjoyed the whole thing. Usually it just made it rubbish. Drinking after football made much more sense to me.

Comment

Yeah but despair drinking isn't recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Tyrannical or benevolent?
                      Benign neglect, mostly

Comment

Working...
                      X