Footballers' favourite meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Everything Heinz make these days is shit. It's like at some point in the recent past the CEO decided everything they made was too flavoursome and to make it all 50% blander.
    These health hippies started pointing out the original recipe contained about half an adult human's recommended weekly salt and sugar intake per tin. On a diet of beans on toast washed down with cans of coke in the 1980s, it's a miracle any of my generation are still alive.
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 03-08-2023, 13:41.

Comment

This has already been posted on here, hasn't it?

Comment

I'm quite surprised that all that food comes in at only 3.2k calories.

Comment

I just hope he's got good air fresheners in his bathroom. If I ate that much asparagus and meat, my khazi would hum like the crowd at a Crash Test Dummies gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post

Not in the UK it's not. It comes in a tin, in a tomato sauce and unless you want to start a fight, it should be Heinz.
            Branston's are better these days, just to add to what Sean of the Shed said.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
              I found a salad! Colin Boulton, Derby keeper.

Otherwise it was 75% steak with occasional daring suggestions of "Italian food" (Gary Williams, Brighton) and "spag bol" (Mark Walters).

And here's the real Sam Allardyce ...

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/107030928631242715/
              At least he managed one of his three professional/personal ambitions. And his career as player and manager mostly satisfied his dislike of travelling given lack of European competition. Those 3 games we had with Bolton in 1976 were truly of their era though. More the pity they dont happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                Alan Shearer's pre match meal was chicken and beans. Chicken and beans! There's nothing more Shearer than that. Even in excellence there's mundanity. "What do you want for dinner, love?" Chicken and beans.

Four hours and a hattrick later.

"What do you want for your tea, love?" Chicken and beans.

Would Alan Shearer give up all his goals for one league title with his boyhood club? No. Would Alan Shearer give up chicken and beans forever for one league title with his boyhood club? Also no.

"Alan, we've got a problem." Says a producer on Match of the Day. "People think you're incredibly dull and have never said anything of note ever. Not once."

Alan mulled it over a bit. "I think I've got it."

That night Alan spent the entire show holding a pen. Every point he made, he did so with a pen in his hand. He felt knowledgeable, powerful, sophisticated. This time, when he spoke complete shit, he did so looking like he knew what he was talking about.

You are what you eat. Chicken and fucking beans.
                Never mind the chicken & beans. The lack of honours at Newcastle. The shit punditry. The dullness. He turned you down he turned you down. Repeat ad infinitum.

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post

Never mind the chicken & beans. The lack of honours at Newcastle. The shit punditry. The dullness. He turned you down he turned you down. Repeat ad infinitum.
                  Yeah, I am sure there is a lot about that era of domination that EIM desperately wants to reimagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Everything Heinz make these days is shit. It's like at some point in the recent past the CEO decided everything they made was too flavoursome and to make it all 50% blander.
                    Let's be honest here, Heinz were never the go-to for arresting flavours. Their soups, tinned foodstuffs and sauces - most notably their ketchup - have always been overly-sweet and distinctly MOR in taste.

(But why a grown adult would choose any brand of ketchup when so many other sauces are available is completely beyond my comprehension...)

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                      In 1987 Martin keown of Aston villa was driving a rover 213. That's wild
                      Similarly, my most vivid memory ofthese is Alan Mcinally when at Villa, who was driving a Nissan Bluebird Turbo.

Either they had a really shit deal on club cars, or were taking the piss.

Comment

I think it's mostly that they're not being paid very much. Keown would have maybe been earning £40-50k a year before tax. You're not going to be down the Lambo dealership on that money.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                          I think it's mostly that they're not being paid very much. Keown would have maybe been earning £40-50k a year before tax. You're not going to be down the Lambo dealership on that money.
                          Yes, but I also remember the next week Norman Whiteside has a Jaguar XJS and thought that one was very much over achieving and the other very much under.

Comment

Oh dear. That seems like a very unwise use of his money

Comment

It's probably entirely apocryphal, but a mate once told me he'd read an interview with Steven Gerrard, who was asked what his favourite cheese was. The answer? "Melted".

I mean, you can absolutely believe that, can't you?

Comment

It was a radio or TV interview, Chris Moyles used to use the clip on his Radio One show all the time. He was asked his favourite cheese and responds:

"Favourite cheese, I don't know, ummm, melted cheese" or to that effect.

EDIT: Here it is...

Comment

Well, there you go.

Comment

I suppose you can't taste much when you're caning the gak, it's all about texture.

Comment

As for Lewandowski:

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...e-lewandowskis

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                        It was a radio or TV interview, Chris Moyles used to use the clip on his Radio One show all the time.
                                        Jesus, something must be seriously awry if you're being lampooned by Chris Moyles...

Comment

Working...
                                        X