Tre Penne for Wembley Way? 2023-24 Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    I was kind of hoping for Man City. Hopefully we will put up a better show of it than we did last year. I don't watch the Premier League. Are Man City better or worse than last year?
    Kind of the same I would say. They have certainly not gotten worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Boneless View Post

Kind of the same I would say. They have certainly not gotten worse.
      Thanks Cousin. I think we might be a little better. I'd love to see Stourbridge's Jude Bellingham turn it on. However, he is a yellow away from a suspension (as is Vini Jr, Camavinga and Tchouameni) which doesn't bode well for the second away leg. Will try to get tickets for that match.

Comment

I think they've been a little bit worse overall (and statistically, they're both scoring a little bit less and giving up a little bit more) -- Dias has been exposed somewhat and Gündoğan​ in his pomp was better than anybody else they can put out there currently in the same spot. They're really dependent on both KDB and Rodri especially, if they're missing the latter they're eminently beatable (then again, that was largely true last year as well).

Comment

I was going to say worse. Gundogan and Mahrez left and weren't equivalently replaced. It is a relatively small step down but it becomes pretty clear when they need to look to transform a game using the bench. Much less attacking depth.

Comment

Substantially worse due to Gundogan’s absence alone.

Comment

Er, bump...

Comment

I picked the wrong day to be in the office.

Comment

Thanks Was looking for this thread.

Arsenal Bayern great goal from Saka-. poor defending allowing Gnabry to equalise

And in Madrid City are losing

Comment

Man City look better but anytime Madrid attack they look like they're going to score.

Comment

We seem to have lost our correspondent from the Emirates as Harry Kane puts Bayern ahead from the penalty spot.

Comment

I'm here but lost my stream.

Comment

I'm running by written updates so was leaving things where possible for people actually seeing what is going on.

Comment

Arsenal 1-0 up and in complete control (should have amde it 2-0) until a misunderstanding between Raya and Gabriel offered Bayern a chance - well taken by Gnabry

Comment

Two one to madrid half time. Man city scored really early. A poorly defended free kick. Two goals from Madrid via two deflections.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                Arsenal 1-0 up and in complete control (should have amde it 2-0) until a misunderstanding between Raya and Gabriel offered Bayern a chance - well taken by Gnabry
                                Not sure I've ever seen a better penalty than Kane's to take the lead

Comment

or a better elbow in the face

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                    or a better elbow in the face
                                    elegant wasn't it

Comment

I much prefer it now away goals don't count double.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                        I much prefer it now away goals don't count double.
                                        Even more now.

Comment

A sweet strike from the amazing phil Foden

Comment

not a bad time to score your first goal for your team

Comment

bloody hell 2-3 another great strike

Comment

bah

Comment

I'm having deja vu from last season. Man city certainly have our number.

Comment

Attn caja-dglh
                                                    (Lobachevsky's bah means Arsenal have equalised)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X