Sheikh Your Moneymaker - English Premier League 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheikh Your Moneymaker - English Premier League 2023-24

You may claim it's too early to be starting the new season thread, but the fixture list is being released at 9.00am tomorrow morning.
    Will there be two or three state-owned clubs battling it out?
    Do Sheffield United count as state-owned as well?
    Who's going to be joining Luton in the bottom three?
    Can Spurs be considered a big 6 club any more?
    Can Chelsea manage a top half finish?
    Can Pochettino make it to Christmas?
    Can I have a P please, Bob?

380 games and then Manchester City win the league. Exciting.

Comment

Comment

I'm not saying that football has eaten itself but the Villa seem to have paid £1.7m for a sporting director...

Comment

Which makes infinitely more sense to me than largely vibes based acquisitions of players for ten times more.

But that's just me.

Comment

I agree, you'll get a much better return (if he does his job well) than spending on a player I think - £1.7 million would get you what? A reserve-team full back?

Comment

Can I be the first on this thread to hope that Everton are involved in another final day relegation battle? It's always such great fun and they do play the role perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                Can I be the first on this thread to hope that Everton are involved in another final day relegation battle? It's always such great fun and they do play the role perfectly.
                I'll confidently predict that Sean Dyche won't be there by the seasons end.

Comment

They're definitely following the Sunderland model of circling the drain - fire current manager mid season, new manager saves them from relegation, fire them the next season

Koeman > Allardyce > Silva > Ancelotti > Benitez > Lampard > Dyche

Bruce > Martin O'Neill > Di Canio > Poyet > Advocaat > Allardyce > Moyes

By my count, it'll be relegation next season.

Comment

Applause for the thread title.

Can we do one for every division based on The Black Crowes' album titles? I know, I know...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      Applause for the thread title.

Can we do one for every division based on The Black Crowes' album titles? I know, I know...
                      Warnock-paint?
                      Three Snakes and one Charlton?
                      The Stockport Harmony and Musical Companion?

Comment

The Southern, Hellenic and Midland Companion?

Comment

I was going with the divisions, but that wins as well. Go for it.

Comment

Buy Your Side would also be appropriate to the state-owned clubs.

Comment

Manchester City at Vincent Kompany's Burnley on the first day of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Which makes infinitely more sense to me than largely vibes based acquisitions of players for ten times more.

But that's just me.
                                It's literally nothing, If you could guarantee that your new director of football wasn't going use his network of contacts to rob you blind.

Comment

So

Who's the opening weekend Friday night game going to be?

(Won't be Luton, as their first home game is a live match banker)

[Scratch that, it's been announced]

Comment

Brighton away isn't exactly the big opening glamour tie to mark Luton's first Premier League game. It feels like a div 3 fixture from 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                      So
                                      Who's the opening weekend Friday night game going to be?
                                      Champions vs Champions. Like the old rules on the Charity Shield.

Comment

Oh what a surprise! 2 of Everton’s last 3 games are against promoted sides. One year, I’d like to see the entitled fuckers try and stay up by finishing the campaign with games against Man City, Man Utd and a trip to Anfield.

Comment

Arsenal at home on my 50th birthday. I can feel an epic day getting planned. TV had better not move it.

Comment

Lads, lads, it's mid-June!

The Ashes hasn't even started yet, let's not get in to PL fixture list chat

Comment

For the most part I disliked The Black Crowes though weirdly I found Southern Harmony to be a great album. Largely because of Marc Ford, the sensational lead guitarist who played on it, really.

Spearmint Rhino, formerly of this parish, absolutely detested them, if I remember rightly.

Comment

Am I the only one who thought it was a Fleetwood Mac (or Elmore James, even) reference?

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                                  Am I the only one who thought it was a Fleetwood Mac (or Elmore James, even) reference?
                                                  It was, and to be fair to Ray I believe he realised that based on the tone of his post.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X