Driving Away From Home (Park) - Division Two / Championship 2023/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longeared View Post
    Somebody will have a collapse and get nowhere near it - Blackburn look in the shit, one win since mid-December, no manager bounce from Eustace and they've got an horrible looking run in, it's difficult to see where they're going to get another ten points from given that they couldn't beat Millwall home last night.
    Don't you threaten me with a good time.

Comment

If OTFs experts are correct then it looks 12-14 clubs are going down this season. Good news for the groundhoppers.

Comment

We have conceded four first half goals to four different players whose surnames begin with S. That's got to be unique.

Comment

I thought we might sneak a point today. Every time I have a moment of wild optimism the universe laughs in my face

Comment

Final round of fixtures on 4 May moved to 12:30 kick-offs, which hasn't gone down especially well in my locality, given that Hull are away at Plymouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
              Final round of fixtures on 4 May moved to 12:30 kick-offs, which hasn't gone down especially well in my locality, given that Hull are away at Plymouth.
              Tell em to do what our buses used to do. Leave at 2:30AM when the night clubs were kicking out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post

Tell em to do what our buses used to do. Leave at 2:30AM when the night clubs were kicking out.
                Did that to go to demos dahn South from North East. Back in t'day.

have a vivid, grim memory of finding an all-night caff somewhere near Brighton about 7 am ahead of a Tory Conference (not that one)

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post

Did that to go to demos dahn South from North East. Back in t'day.

have a vivid, grim memory of finding an all-night caff somewhere near Brighton about 7 am ahead of a Tory Conference (not that one)
                  What have you heard about these Roger Federer buying South Shields rumours flying about up there? I’ve had three separate texts today.

edit. As this is off topic I’ve mentioned it in the non league day as it seems a bit more relevant.
                  Last edited by Sunderporinostesta; 20-03-2024, 23:03. Reason: Inappropriate thread for subject matter

Comment

Just 2nd 3rd hand stuff at work

Comment

Bristol City - Leicester City has been less than enthralling

Comment

If you watch Bristol City a few more times you'll get used to it, I'm very much at the acceptance stage.

Comment

I guess that I expected more from the visitors

Comment

We'll drain the life out of you.
                            It worked on this occasion!

Facetious comment aside, absolutely no complaints about Liam Manning, as a change was needed.

Comment

Are we down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                I guess that I expected more from the visitors
                                You and I both.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                  Are we down yet?
                                  Technically, not until Monday - you could still win all seven games yet!

Comment

I think today was our lucky day, as a sub-par Ipswich gained three points on Leicester and two on Lids.

Couple of rock hard matches next though, Southampton and Norwich. Not at all confident, especially about the Norwich game.

Comment

This division is just ridiculous. Southampton are at the level where they're doing the cliched "Champions form" of averaging two points a game.

We are ten points clear of them.

We could drop to third on Monday.

Comment

Jimmy Dunne scored a career topping worldie in the third minute of added on time yesterday to beat Brum yesterday. Steve Cook got our other goal via a deflection. It's a good thing our defenders can knock in a few because the forwards certainly can't.

The goals:

Comment

I’m hoping for an Easter story, in which Leeds’ control over its promotion destiny, having died on Good Friday, is resurrected a few days later, like a messianic redeemer saving humanity from the darkness of a Leeds-less top tier.

Comment

It managed alright for 17 years, to be fair.

And despite the fact we were completely fucking abject yesterday, Monday night is the kind of game we've done OK in this season.

Comment

Leicester beat Norwich to go top. Bonkers top three in the championship, as David Agnew noted upthread. Fans of those three clubs must be going through the emotional wringer every time they play.

Meanwhile, at the hawthorns it's a lot more serene. I think we recently entered our fourth month of being fifth.

Comment

I reckon that while the commentariat see Leicester and Leeds as the favourites because they have Premier league squads, I think the fact that Ipswich went through one of these mad three team fights for promotion last season will give them an advantage of a sort

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                                  Are we down yet?
                                                  Apparently not yet.

Comment

I suspect we are though

Comment

Working...
                                                    X