No announcement yet.

Ronnie Radford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And don't forget our inability to keep a 2-1 lead at Elland Road in the third round replay...

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post

A feat made possible only on account of Rochdale squandering a 3-1 lead with 5 minutes to go against Colchester the previous round. It finished 3-3 with the U's winning the replay 5-0.

I enjoyed showing the boy the footage of the Hereford v Newcastle game last night, highlighting the gap between the two teams but without giving anything away in advance about Radford's goal. I'm pleased to say it drew a suitably awed, "Wow!" from him.
      Not sure how old your son is, but watching that footage for the first time mustn’t even resemble ‘football’ to kids brought up on the EPL. (Until Radford’s howitzer of course - as his response suggests, that translates into any footballing language.)

Comment

He's 8 and he's been to games from the Premier League down to tier 14 where the pace of the game, especially on the heavier pitches, might be similar to that of Hereford v Newcastle but even at their worst the pitches themselves are nothing like as bad as Hereford's that day. Or Derby's of course or any number of others in the 70's.

You might occasionally get a bit of standing water mind..

Comment

The ball must go in that water a lot. Who fishes it out: a guy in wellies?

Comment

At least he has a nice spot to rest in, when the local dogging community are done with it.

(I refer of course to the ball fisher)

Comment

I've slept on worse mattresses than that.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                I've slept on worse mattresses than that.
                Without looking, I assumed that Sporting had said that...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                  Without looking, I assumed that Sporting had said that...
                  Hah! I think I'm in healthy competition with Balderdasha for most uncomfortable place slept.

Comment

There’s two fellers from Hereford work for our company. Both going to Radfords funeral as they’ve known him for years. One said he was a butcher.

Watching the MOTD footage I noticed “Young” as the Mags sub. Presumably David Young? If so I don’t know if he got on but he was the unused sub a year later at Wembley when Sunderland beat Leeds in the 73 FAC Final. Present at two of the greatest moments in FAC history. He’s been a guest at a couple of the London branch Xmas do’s and I don’t remember him talking us through the “other” game.

Comment

Happy Radford Day, folks.

Comment

Working...
                      X