Molde-y Old Dough: 2022-23 Europa Conference League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by That Night In Barcelona View Post

His character is a West Ham fan, at least.

I think Eastenders do this quite a bit with sporting events, filming a last minute scene and inserted it into a pre-recorded episode. I think they might have done something with the Olympics in 2012 too.
    Eastenders was actually part of the route for the torch so they filmed Billy Mitchell (actor Perry Fenwick) running with it through the Square live before cutting back to the rest of the recorded programme.

They do this sort of thing for most big events though, England losing to Italy in the Euros final a couple of years back for example. It's well done, although clearly tacked on as it's at such a different tone to the rest of the episode - I should clarify I'm no Eastenders fan, but my wife watches it religiously.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
      Other soaps do it. I remember on the day when Harold Wilson resignned, Martha referenced the fact to Phil.
      Who are Martha and Phil?

Comment

I don't think I can recall a manager enjoying winning a piece of silverware as much as Moyes has and, probably, still is. It's slightly undignified, I suppose, but I'd much rather that than the feigned disinterest that you sometimes get from the coaches.

I'm hoping for a tweet from some East End boozer with the tagline "He's still here!!!" and an image of Moyes slumped in the corner with a sea of Mackeson bottles on the table in front of him.

Comment

The video of him giving his dad his medal to wear really did get me in the feels to be fair.

Comment

It's emblematic of the BBC's complete contempt for the rest of the football pyramid nowadays that West Ham get a special commemorative scene rushed in to an Eastenders episode yet we've heard nothing of Walford Town's progress in decades.

It besmirches Aidan's memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Who are Martha and Phil?
              They present a show on Channel 4 about buying houses called Location Location Location.

Comment

Originally posted by That Night In Barcelona View Post

They present a show on Channel 4 about buying houses called Location Location Location.
                That's the dreadful Kirsty and Phil, not Martha

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                  Who are Martha and Phil?
                  I take that you weren't listening to The Archers in 1976...

Comment

West Ham celebrating in Prague FFS with cans of Heineken

https://twitter.com/WestHam/status/1666717195907264520?t=XCT3zAFoKUg8bUTWkTIEGg&s=19

Comment

UEFA exclusive sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        UEFA exclusive sponsor
                        I don't feel that is a good enough excuse

Comment

It certainly didn't limit either set of supporters

There is always the possibility that the kit men decanted something drinkable into the "official" tins

Comment

Is it still non-alcoholic inside stadiums for finals? It was for the 2017 Champions League Final at Cardiff.

Comment

It isn't explicit from the Stadium Rules for the Final, but hospitality and locker rooms are usually exempted (but not from the sponsorship limits)

Comment

Imagine going to Prague and all you can drink is Heineken. That's punishment enough, surely (to echo ad hoc's point).

Comment

Who cares if it's all free...

Doubt too many professional sportspeople are beer 'snobs' in any case.

Comment

Thanks for that, man of the people

Comment

Working...
                                    X