No announcement yet.

Pictures of Crewe - Division Four 2022/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I picked them for promotion on the predictions thread but it was entirely based on home team sentiment. So can someone tell me why/how Stevenage have gone from worst to first so quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
      I know I picked them for promotion on the predictions thread but it was entirely based on home team sentiment. So can someone tell me why/how Stevenage have gone from worst to first so quickly?
      Er, you predicted:

Division 4: Crewe Stockport, Grimsby, Colchester
      Division 4: Crawley, Barrow

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...e2#post2640921

Comment

Bloomin' hummer! I could have sworn...(etc.)

Maybe it was just that I didn't pick them to be relegated. I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
          Sadly it might be something to do with that criminal cunt Steve Evans, hopefully it won't last.

Comment

Ah! I'd forgotten the Swamp Thing of the lower divisions was manager.

Comment

Hello. We have won three league matches in October. More than we won 1 January to 30 September

Comment

It’s taken a while, but Stockport appear to have woken their season up.

Comment

Orient still motoring along at the top. Naturally, I’m waiting for the usual wobble and drop in form to come along - but I’m starting to think we could stay up there the whole season.

Comment

Gary Neville appears to be tiring of his plaything, and hands over the reins to Nicky Butt:

https://twitter.com/SalfordCityFC/status/1587127597665853440

Comment

Well fuck my old boots.

Comment

Indeed. A deeply frustrating night for Orient as Wimbledon did a proper job on us, scoring with their first two attacks after we'd dominated early on, and then muffling our threat for the rest of a niggly, bad-tempered match, which was also soured by a number of our increasingly prevalent coked-up dickheads having some kind of set-to with the stewards after a flare got chucked. Too much of this sort of bollocks around at present.

Comment

We did wonder what was going on after that flare as it dragged on for ages. First time I've seen the Old Bill active inside the ground since it opened, I think. Were the stewards proportionate in their response? There's been quite a few complaints from away supporters previously that they haven't been.

On the pitch that was the best performance of the season and calendar year so far by some margin. In fact, it's probably the best we've played at Plough Lane with the possible exception of the home win against Oxford in August last year which was only the second proper game there (i.e. with fans in).

After suffering from every single D4 opponent so far shithousing us in to submission this was first time we've noticeably given as good as we've got. Your winger Archibald might regret starting it all off by trying to bully his his 20 year old marker Jack Currie with lots of off the ball crap early on and seemingly triggering the whole Dons team to respond.
                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 09-11-2022, 12:48.

Comment

Archibald's great but he does need to cut that side of his game out for sure. Lots of contentious stuff and decisions - your defender could easily have gone for scything down Paul Smyth down our right in the second half - but no complaints about the result. Pell in particular looked excellent.

There have been lots of complaints about the stewards on Orient Twitter but when I looked at the people in our end who seemed to be involved in the melee, I thought "yeah some of those cunts have had it coming, frankly" so, you know, a faults-on-both-sides job.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                              Pell in particular looked excellent.
                              Discovered two weeks ago that he was all set to sign for Cheltenham in the summer before Wimbledon blew us out of the water in terms of wages.

I've a feeling that says a lot more about what we were offering than it does Wimbledon.

Comment

I imagine it must do, Wimbledon's budget isn't exactly abundant even for D4.

Last night was the first time Pell's fully convinced me since his return. Playing him further forward with two deeper-lying midfielders behind him brings the best out of him as he doesn't really have the tactical discipline to play the holding role himself. He's far better causing chaos as the central player in a three man line behind a lone striker.

Agree that the agita was 50/50 in last night's game, it's just that it was such a surprise to see The Dons mixing it like that I can only surmise it was Orient's initial cynicism that prompted it.

Comment

We're not normally That Type Of Team either (though we've got one or two easily riled players), but I think we just let frustration get to our heads

Comment

Speaking of Pell ;

https://twitter.com/afcwimbledon/status/1590359773370646528?s=46&t=Yl6O7ya94oc598OoOpWPQQ

Comment

Good outcome all round if the prick who threw the flare gets banned and the confrontational stewards get binned. Swift work by our sometimes-abrasive former CEO

Comment

Blimey, it's been a while eh?

So we have just had our third red card overturned in just over a year. That's not normal, is it?

Comment

I mean, there weren't 273 red cards overturned across the whole of English league football in that time, were there?

Comment

https://twitter.com/uglygame/status/1608416021525762049?s=46&t=1jpxz6jRLbgpWTs5Z-pTTw

Comment

Dreadful.

Comment

We won again, which is nice. Poor performance,, they say, but Davison ends his goal drought, late winner, bish bosh.

Comment

I only watched on ifollow but another good win for Carlisle, leaving us well placed going into the new year. Transfer window will be crucial for whether we kick on and do something, both in terms of keeping hold of the players that have got us there (particularly Owen Moxon) and getting some in that will help us get closer to the very top teams in the division.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X