Which ugly sister do you fancy? Scottish Fitba 2022/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Happy St Andrews day to one and all.
    It's also the 150th anniversary of the first official international football match between 2 nations, held at the West of Scotland cricket ground.
    Scotland 0 - 0 England
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63774650

Comment

Am I the only one that really hates this thread title?

Comment

It doesn't bother me, but it is nearly panto season. (Although every season here is a pantomime)

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post
          It doesn't bother me, but it is nearly panto season. (Although every season here is a pantomime)
          Oh no it isn't.

Comment

A Happy St Andrews day to one and all.
            It's also the 150th anniversary of the first official international football match between 2 nations, held at the West of Scotland cricket ground.
            Scotland 0 - 0 England
            https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63774650
            The Outside Write podcast had a really interesting edition about this recently.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
              Am I the only one that really hates this thread title?
              I could change it to 'Which arse cheek do you most want to skelp?' (See p2)

Comment

Harry Souttar potentially moving on up for millions would give our finances a boost. Behich is earning us a bonus by staying for another game, too.

Comment

The game's afoot...
                  https://twitter.com/PartickThistle/status/1600516851833995266

Comment

Traynor-esque toys out the pram statement on behalf of the seven. https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/stateme...tfc-directors/

Good news for Thistle, hopefully the fans can now get hold of the club properly.

Comment

St Mirren are the new Rangers having been awarded 3 penalties in the one match. Although we haven't reached true-blue status just yet as the last penalty was saved and the ref didn't order a retake. Disgraceful!

Anyway, we've just beaten Aberdeen 3-1 in a crazy game that should have been sown up midway through the second half, but that missed penalty gave 10-man Aberdeen a new lease of life and then they battered us for the last 20 mins. Cue their 'keeper coming up for a corner deep into injury time but Saints breaking away to roll the ball into an empty net. Welcome back to Paisley, Jim Goodwin, and Merry Christmas!

Comment

Horrendous and potentially career-ending (given he's 40 next week) injury for Craig Gordon at Dundee United earlier, judging by the still I accidentally saw on Twitter earlier.

Comment

Aye, an horrific injury by all accounts.

Comment

More joke officiating in yesterday's Glasgow derby...

Comment

Glorious win yesterday in Dundee.

Comment

So my Arab pals said...

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post
                                  More joke officiating in yesterday's Glasgow derby...
                                  In what way?

Comment

Handballs not given, VAR ignored etc.

https://youtu.be/V6s8ZC-KxKk

Comment

Ignore him, he supports one of the two pieces of filth. I can't actually remember which one, but it doesn't really matter, as they're both the same...

Comment

I am a Rangers fan and I thought that Goldson handled the ball and that a penalty should have been awarded.

This is not limited to Scotland, VAR seems to give Goldson the benefit of the doubt a lot. In the Europa League final he gave away a blatant penalty but VAR decided that the referee was correct to award a corner when Goldson was nowhere near the ball.

However, I thought the penalty we were awarded was the correct decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                          Ignore him, he supports one of the two pieces of filth. I can't actually remember which one, but it doesn't really matter, as they're both the same...
                                          They're really not...

I really would expect a little more introspection from your good self.

Comment

Not to particularly condemn nor condone the old firm, but one of them is supported by a very respected member of this community.

Comment

I'd bet that all of the anti Old Firm voices on here have friends, family members, workmates etc who support one or other.

Doesn't change the point about their mutually sustained pernicious role in Scottish football, culture, society

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                                                I'd bet that all of the anti Old Firm voices on here have friends, family members, workmates etc who support one or other.

Doesn't change the point about their mutually sustained pernicious role in Scottish football, culture, society
                                                The latter paragraph's rather more about the Brit Establishment's pernicious role in every strand of their society though, encouraging 'Divide and Rule', at every turn.

Comment

That might be the root of it but the cultural weight of the two cheeks keeps a divide alive when many of its material and social expressions in terms of jobs, housing etc have ceased to matter much.
                                                  See Liverpool or Manchester for comparisons.

Comment

Aye, but they're in 'Ingerland', so rather less important than rebellious Scots or Irish...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X